Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think Bushmaster Firearms is run by a bunch of retards!!

I think Bushmaster Firearms is run by a bunch of retards!!

Sort of short rant...

I bought a Carbon 15 (carbon fiber) and the manual/parts list that it comes with shows a different lower and upper. The biggest diffrence on the upper is the manual/parts list shows no provisions for forward assist and no dust cover. Shows a completely different buffer as well and some other small items that I guess were unique to an earlier C15.

I emailed them my serial number and asked for an accurate parts list and they tell me they use the XM-15 parts list. After four or five emails, I get the same answer, "we use the XM-15 manual/parts list." Yeah, that's an aluminum upper and lower. I even called them and the same guy answering their emails must be the same dip shit answering their phone as well. They just can't grasp the concept that I want a part number for my C15 which has forward assist and a dust cover. As a matter of fact, my C15's parts are interchangeable with any AR-15. The earlier C15's weren't, which is indicated in the manual supplied with my C15.

When I called and got the same run-around. I told the guy on the phone, "thank god you're not the one building these rifles!"

There's more details, but instead of sending them another email, I'd rather rant some bull shit here... I guess...

This is my first Bushmaster and I'll never buy another Bushmaster again!!! I'll stick with DPMS!!
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Wed May 1st, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Re: I think Bushmaster Firearms is run by a bunch of retards!!

But...but...but...Bushmaster has such a cool name!

huh huh, he said bush, huh huh...

I prefer "lick master"!!

It's not a bad rifle at all. Their people suck, though.

I wanted to get another DPMS .308 and there's a minimum one year wait on orders so, I thought I would try the Super Light AR.
    Kim & Dean

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    But...but...but...Bushmaster has such a cool name!
    Well, if you like bush. Me, I like 'em clean-shaven......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Guessing you don't want to pay the gunbroker markup to get one sooner Dean? Not sure what model you're after, but prices aren't quite as obscene (still inflated though) since the AWB got shelved for the time being.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Guessing you don't want to pay the gunbroker markup to get one sooner Dean? Not sure what model you're after, but prices aren't quite as obscene (still inflated though) since the AWB got shelved for the time being.
    Price was totally in-line. No one has the one I want and the FFL said it was a year wait, currently.
    Kim & Dean

Bushmaster (and DPMS, Olympic, etc.) have always been considered the low-end pricing scale for AR's. I've heard great things about Bushmaster & DPMS/PantherArms. My roomie has the DPMS and loves it. This is one the first times I've heard bad about Bush though, interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Price was totally in-line. No one has the one I want and the FFL said it was a year wait, currently.
    Someone will get one and sell it on there before then.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I emailed them my serial number and asked for an accurate parts list and they tell me they use the XM-15 parts list.

As a matter of fact, my C15's parts are interchangeable with any AR-15.
    I'm confused on why you are mad at them? They told you to use the XM-15 parts list and you stated that your C15 is interchangeable with any AR?

AR's are common platform guns. A forward assist is a forward assist is a forward assist? You can take a ejection port cover off any AR and put it on another? Most AR's don't come with parts list at all because all the parts are the same. If you need a new BCG you just go buy a AR BCG.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite675 View Post
    I'm confused on why you are mad at them? They told you to use the XM-15 parts list and you stated that your C15 is interchangeable with any AR?

AR's are common platform guns. A forward assist is a forward assist is a forward assist? You can take a ejection port cover off any AR and put it on another? Most AR's don't come with parts list at all because all the parts are the same. If you need a new BCG you just go buy a AR BCG.

So, you didn't read the entire original post? Just like Bushmaster didn't read, nor comprehend, that my C15 is carbon fiber. The XM-15 is aluminum. Therefore, they can not be the same part numbers for the upper and lower.

This isn't rocket science...
    Kim & Dean

Wouldn't the only part that is CF be the lower receiver? All of the other parts are interchangeable I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Wouldn't the only part that is CF be the lower receiver? All of the other parts are interchangeable I would think.
    Upper and lower are carbon fiber. All parts are interchangeable as I have the new version of the C15. I'm just trying to get part numbers for my upper and lower.
    Kim & Dean

So, you didn't read the entire original post? Just like Bushmaster didn't read, nor comprehend, that my C15 is carbon fiber. The XM-15 is aluminum. Therefore, they can not be the same part numbers for the upper and lower.

This isn't rocket science...
    Really?

Okay so the upper and lower (stripped frame) are carbon EVERY other part is the same. Pretty simple.
    Do you think you are going to need the part number for the stripped upper or lower?

You bought a budget AR rifle and you want a manual written just for that particular rifle when only 2 parts are different? Okay.....

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Really?

Okay so the upper and lower (stripped frame) are carbon EVERY other part is the same. Pretty simple.
    Do you think you are going to need the part number for the stripped upper or lower?

You bought a budget AR rifle and you want a manual written just for that particular rifle when only 2 parts are different? Okay.....

Yeah, really! It's more the fact that they, like you, don't understand that I'm simply asking for the correct part numbers for my carbon fiber upper and lower. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Is it a big deal to want an accurate parts list for a rifle I just purchased? I guess so!!
    Kim & Dean

Yeah, really! It's more the fact that they, like you, don't understand that I'm simply asking for the correct part numbers for my carbon fiber upper and lower. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Is it a big deal to want an accurate parts list for a rifle I just purchased? I guess so!!

They answered your question, your just not accepting it.

You asked for a parts list/manual for your gun. They told you they do not make a special one for the carbon model since only 2 parts are different. Pretty simple. They can't give a parts list/manual to you because it does not exist.

I'm sure if you need a replacement stripped carbon upper or lower you can call the warranty department and they will get you the right part.
    // MRA #888 //

They answered your question, your just not accepting it.

You asked for a parts list/manual for your gun. They told you they do not make a special one for the carbon model since only 2 parts are different. Pretty simple. They can't give a parts list/manual to you because it does not exist.

I'm sure if you need a replacement stripped carbon upper or lower you can call the warranty department and they will get you the right part.
    Now you're rewording things. I started by asking for an accurate manual. They couldn't grasp the concept.Then I tried to just get part numbers for the carbon fiber. I was still told to go by the XM-15 parts list. So, I called them... After twenty minutes of circle jerking on the phone with them about using XM-15 part number, they coughed up a part number for the carbon fiber upper. My frustration lies in the fact that it was so hard to get a part number. And by the way, that part number was wrong. I later got the CORRECT info from a reliable local source.

And, who gives a shit if I never need the part numbers. That's not the point.

What about the person who buys their first AR style and it's a Carbon 15 and depends on the manual for proper use and dis-assembly? All the manufacturers are very adamant about reading the manual!

Here's where my genius comes out... Bushmaster can simply delete the eight pages of Carbon 15 specific diagrams, parts lists, dis-assembly instructions, and even a section on the differences between C15 and XM-15. Simply add an asterisk next to the XM-15 upper and lower parts numbers and add the C15 numbers. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kim & Dean

What about the person who buys their first AR style and it's a Carbon 15 and depends on the manual for proper use and dis-assembly? All the manufacturers are very adamant about reading the manual!

Here's where my genius comes out... Bushmaster can simply delete the eight pages of Carbon 15 specific diagrams, parts lists, dis-assembly instructions, and even a section on the differences between C15 and XM-15. Simply add an asterisk next to the XM-15 upper and lower parts numbers and add the C15 numbers. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is obviously your first AR.

First of all they did give you the XM manual for use and dis-assembly. There is nothing different from your rifle and the XM other then the material that the upper and lower are made out of. It shoots, assembles, breaks down just like every other AR on the market.

You can take every part out of your gun and put it in the XM (or any other AR for that matter). You could also attach your carbon upper to a XM aluminum lower and vice versa. I could pull all the parts out of one of my AR's and they would drop right in your gun. They are interchangeable.

Why change a manual when there is nothing different in the operation of the gun? If you need one of those 2 specific carbon parts it's just a phone call away. Everything else is generic. Again, this is a budget AR. They are not going to put money into updating a manual that 99.99% of the people don't need.

// MRA #888 //

Maybe there is no different parts number..... you just need to ask for the carbon fiber version. AR is an AR is an AR.

Maybe there is no different parts number..... you just need to ask for the carbon fiber version. AR is an AR is an AR.
    Except for the Colts that used a different diameter on the takedown pins...
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Assault weapons should be banned, if for no other reason, then to prevent tragic threads like this from taking place.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Sat May 4th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Was excited when I read carbon fiber upper and lower.

Disappointed when I looked it up and they are carbon composite and not made out of ballerific carbon weave
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

This is obviously your first AR.

First of all they did give you the XM manual for use and dis-assembly. There is nothing different from your rifle and the XM other then the material that the upper and lower are made out of. It shoots, assembles, breaks down just like every other AR on the market.

You can take every part out of your gun and put it in the XM (or any other AR for that matter). You could also attach your carbon upper to a XM aluminum lower and vice versa. I could pull all the parts out of one of my AR's and they would drop right in your gun. They are interchangeable.

Why change a manual when there is nothing different in the operation of the gun? If you need one of those 2 specific carbon parts it's just a phone call away. Everything else is generic. Again, this is a budget AR. They are not going to put money into updating a manual that 99.99% of the people don't need.

I'm far from a first time user, but I'll play that role if it makes your posts hold more water. Also download the manual so you know what you are talking about!

So, the example of a first time user did nothing for you. The expectation that manuals should be correct blows over your head like a gopher fart on sunny summer day. Wow!! I'm beginning to think you are posting just to argue. I'm glad that you side with Bushmaster and think that a correct manual and parts list is absurd!! I'm equally glad that you think multiple emails and phone calls are required to obtain a correct part number. Have you even looked at the current C15 manual? Multiple pages of information that don't even apply. Why are you so adamant in promoting misinformation? Why am I the bad guy because I expect people to be correct?

Alright, fuck it!! You are a complete moron that obviously has problems with the English language. Now, let's really have some fun with this thread!!

Hurry up and respond because I'm packing a bowl and pouring a drink and jumping in the hot tub. Really don't want to get out to see if the retard fest is still continuing... Well... we all know that's a lie!!

Dude, seriously, are you reading and comprehending any of this??
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Sat May 4th, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Kim & Dean

So, you're saying that I should use the part number for the aluminum version and then point out that I need the carbon fiber version? Yeah, that makes sense...

I did run into something similar when I went to Batteries Plus for a battery. He handed me a battery that was one letter off in the part number and it didn't fit. He even said to me. "wow I had no idea that one letter off would make such a difference."
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Sat May 4th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Assault weapons should be banned, if for no other reason, then to prevent tragic threads like this from taking place.
    And... as for you, you mother fu****

Call me, the shrooms are just starting to kick in.....
    Kim & Dean