Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoiler-Jerez MotoGP

Re: Spoiler-Jerez MotoGP

I am glad Marquez was not penalized, while that was not the best move it is still racing. As for the riding style in general just give him some time to mature. Those of you who follow motocross will see this, I see a big similarity to Justin "Bam-Bam" Barcia. A very fast and talented rider, in his early pro years he very justifiably earned his nickname. Now, a few years into his career he has calmed down and can win in the premier class.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant that to keep his composure as there is nothing else he could've done as the officials didn't do anything about it anyways. It was still a careless move regardless and like someone mentioned Marquez needs to cool his jets before something bad really does happen. He's a great rider and has skill no doubt but if he keeps thinking he is hot shit I'm sure it'll bite him in the ass eventually. Guess it comes with the territory being a rookie and what not
    From VR,

“I saw the last corner just one time, so I don’t know exactly. But it looks like, is the last corner on the last lap. Marquez tries very hard, it looks like Jorge leaves space on the inside, Marc tried to go in, they touch, and you know it’s normal that Jorge is upset, especially now after the race, but this is racing. It’s the last lap, it’s the last corner, and sometimes the guy behind try very hard, and it finish like this.”

From Bradley, Monster tech 3

“Racing incident. If you’re going to leave the door open like that and invite someone through, at the end of the day, if you’ve come from 125 and Moto2, you learn that if a gap’s shown to you like that, you take it. I mean we go for tiny gaps, so when it’s that wide, you don’t hesitate.”
    “I don’t think Moto2 is necessarily breeding a more aggressive type of rider, I think let’s be honest, Jorge has been a world champion for a number of years from 250s, he’s not had to race. When he catches someone, he passes them, he leaves them. Or he rides around on his own and disappears into the distance. You lose that last little bit of aggressiveness. Let’s be honest, his last serious race, you’re probably looking at 2005, Motegi? Where like it was tooth and nail, back and forth with De Angelis and Pedrosa and those boys. So that’s what we’re probably looking at. But at the end of the day, Marquez was looking a little bit lairy all race, was nearly in the back of him a few times.”
    “At the end of the day, if you don’t want someone to pass, you cover you’re inside line. That’s like the first rule of last corner. You’re the one that takes the inside, if he wants to go round the outside, that’s up to him.”

I'm not saying it wasn't aggressive, all I'm saying is that he took a calculated risk and got out on top. If Lorenzo doesn't want this to happen again, cover the racing line. This is racing after all. Nuff said.

Hah.. look what I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=GzKTWsoIx18

Lorenzo:
    Olive overtook me, we got to the last corner side-by-side. I was on the inside, he was on the outside, he touched me and fell. I'm sorry for him, but, this is racing.
    Umm, it looks like you ran into to the back of him, Jorge.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

^lol.... I saw that a few days ago......but dude was was like 9yrs I old If I recall correctly. I wonder what Joan Olive is up to these days.

Just watched the race (btw piratebay has the torrent)......

Marquez be like - "Scuse me, winner coming through"

Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

They don't call the event a "race", because the intent is to exhibit smoothness and leave the best line for the competitors you're when passing! When you're both charging as fast as you possibly can to get to "the spot" first, paths will blur and bumping will happen. Clean is a relative term, when the battle can be won & lost in miniscule distances and fractions of seconds, all while fighting for the paycheck and glory the other guy is trying to take from you.

The truth is, Marquez did interrupted Jorge's line by occupying the space first, but he absolutely did not crash into Lorenzo because somehow Lorenzo was already there ; Marquez TOOK the space from him! And because he did it, he won that particular race with his adversary, and marches forward in the competition with the advantage that his aggression afforded him. That kind of last lap (much less last corner) pass, for a better spot on the podium rings-up affirmative, 10-times-out-of-10.

Cal Crutchlow and others understand.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed May 8th, 2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Spelling and clarity of thought...
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

im with colin edwards, looks like good ol motorcycle racing to me. if i wanted to watch boring, clean, safe passes at the world championship level id go watch formula 1.

You have to admire Marquez's ambition. He just doesn't know his limits yet and it's a spectacular show to witness. Theres beauty in Lorenzo's flowing lines, but it doesn't build the excitement that Marquez brings to the track. Motogp hasn't been this exciting to me (my own personal opinion) for a couple years.
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    They don't call the event a "race", because the intent is to exhibit smoothness and leave the best line for the competitors you're when passing! When you're both charging as fast as you possibly can to get to "the spot" first, paths will blur and bumping will happen. Clean is a relative term, when the battle can be won & lost in miniscule distances and fractions of seconds, all while fighting for the paycheck and glory the other guy is trying to take from you.

The truth is, Marquez did interrupted Jorge's line by occupying the space first, but he absolutely did not crash into Lorenzo because somehow Lorenzo was already there ; Marquez TOOK the space from him! And because he did it, he won that particular race with his adversary, and marches forward in the competition with the advantage that his aggression afforded him. That kind of last lap (much less last corner) pass, for a better spot on the podium rings-up affirmative, 10-times-out-of-10.

Cal Crutchlow and others understand.
    A guy coming up the inside of you can ALWAYS punt you out of the way. Simple physics (like a Pitt maneuver). Lorenzo took his normal racing line, the same line Pedrosa did seconds before. Marquez deliberately late-apexed it, and ran straight into him. I've seen him do it before. Look at it frame by frame. If you look at where Marquez ended up (almost off track), even AFTER he hit Lorenzo, it's clear he would have gone off track if he hadn't used Lorenzo as a bumper to absorb energy. There's hard racing, and then there's bullshit. Sorry, I gotta call bullshit on this one.
    Last edited by CYCLE_MONKEY; Fri May 10th, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)