Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New track proposal for Denver

Re: New track proposal for Denver

I enjoyed this comment in the Post article:

Also, to calm concerns from the Adams County Sheriff's Office, club rules will specify that membership could be revoked for anyone caught speeding on Imboden Road.
    I believe after driving/riding the track speed limit violations actually decrease

i missed that. it's actually kind of a good idea. They stress not speeding through byers. I'm sure residents appreciate it when we don't come blasting through town

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    i missed that. it's actually kind of a good idea. They stress not speeding through byers. I'm sure residents appreciate it when we don't come blasting through town
    After a day at HPR I'm so drained that I drive like a grandpa.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Huh.. being engineered by the same company that designed COTAS.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Fumet5uNo View Post
    I just like green trees, grass, stuff Colorado isn't known for , but I'm a picky SOB
    Yea we all do, hahaa. Being a native though I've given up on that. I'll move to Florida someday.

East of the foothills, Colorado is just a big ugly brown flat dirt field. That's just the way it is. Just so happens that's the only place you can afford to build a track too. You're not gonna get a track that looks like Cali or Hawaii with palm trees and pretty flowers, lol.

I've heard nothing but praise for HPR, for it's layout/design, mild elevation changes, etc. The NASA roadrace guys all love the shit out of it!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

This is like the 6th attempt to put a track out by DIA. With the economy still tanked, I don't see this happening with investor money. If they are will to front the cost for themselves then maybe. But I wouldn't hold out hope with developers just wanting to build once they can sell houses again.

MRA Racer No.427

Seeing that HPR was built with funding help from CAMA (MRA SCCA RMVR etc) I don't see any local sanctioning body throwing money at this new venture. I wish them luck, I'll believe it when I see it.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Seeing that HPR was built with funding help from CAMA (MRA SCCA RMVR etc) I don't see any local sanctioning body throwing money at this new venture. I wish them luck, I'll believe it when I see it.
    I would say that it was more than just funding help.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    I believe that the original site plan was for where the old Mead track rests (in peace) now.
    Fact.
    Why cant that track be reopened? I liked going up there.

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Fact.
    Why cant that track be reopened? I liked going up there.
    The degraded surface was almost un-rideable when we last raced there in 2005 and the lack of run-off in some turns was very unsafe. Bikes were a lot slower when that place was built. Even if the current ownership was willing to reopen it, we would not go there with it's current condition.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Fumet5uNo View Post
    Larry h miller group launched the idea for it to be built here but got shot down, sucks would have added hella revanue to Colorado . I'm not a fan of high plains is there is nothing to it it's pavement in a field nothing but weeds
    Weeds??

Taken about an hour ago:

The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

I don't see how the Denver area could support another track
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Damn Glenn, that looks better than my yard! You wanna stop by with your mower and weed whacker later?
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Damn Glenn, that looks better than my yard! You wanna stop by with your mower and weed whacker later?
    You said "whacker"

And you'll have to talk to Mr. Applesauce, he's in charge of the groundskeeping around here.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Board Newbie

Having come from California and ridden most the tracks there, I have to agree that HPR is no Laguna, but it is a great track. Like it was said above, I think we are lucky to have 3 tracks in the area and I'm happy to live in northern Colorado Springs where I'm centrally located between the three..

Also, I'd like to throw in the fact the many of the tracks in CA are in the middle no-where.. Thunderhill is way up north 2 hours from San Fran, Buttonwillow is really out there... 2 hours north of LA.. Willow Springs is only a little closer to LA, Chuck is in Timbuktu over 3 hours from both LA and San Diego..

So I guess my point is that when you look at the number and quality of tracks in CA compared to their population centers and the number and quality of tracks here in CO compared to our population centers, we are very lucky..

Just my 2 cents...

Plus how much are td's at those tracks and sears point?

I love HPR but I wouldn't complain about another track option.

PMP
    PPIR
    Pikes Peak Hill Climb

Board Newbie

Plus how much are td's at those tracks and sears point?
    Another good point!! I laugh when I hear people complain about $150 dollar trackdays here..

Thunderhill averaged around $200
    Buttonwillow was cheaper where you could sometimes get 2 days for $300
    Laguna was $300 a day
    Sears Point was about $250

Yeah thats what I've heard! We have it pretty good to only to td's but race too not much travel to our 3 tracks.
    Not sure how true it is but I've also heard the bigger tracks dont run td's/open lapping you can only go when the track has been rented by someone doing so.

Board Newbie

Yeah thats what I've heard! We have it pretty good to only to td's but race too not much travel to our 3 tracks.
    Not sure how true it is but I've also heard the bigger tracks dont run td's/open lapping you can only go when the track has been rented by someone doing so.
    That is the case, the tracks themselves very rarely(like never) have open lapping days, so the only time you can get on the track is when one of the major trackday providers hosts events..

whatever happened to the big baller dual track idea that had houses with pit garages and shit? they built the vault or something in denver for rich guys to smoke cigars and store cars but never got around to the track. motorsports club or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    whatever happened to the big baller dual track idea that had houses with pit garages and shit? they built the vault or something in denver for rich guys to smoke cigars and store cars but never got around to the track. motorsports club or something.
    I think you are referring to Genoa While the website is still active there has not been an update since 6/3/09

HPR riding experience is better then Buttonwillow , Willow Springs , Street's of Willow ,Pahrump ,Las Vegas Speedway and Infineon(Sears Point) .