Thread: First Black Canyon ride of 2013 - Sunday May 26

First Black Canyon ride of 2013 - Sunday May 26

If you're familiar with the annual Fire Cracker 500 then you know this ride.

The route is 500 miles and should take around 12 hours to complete with a small group.

The meeting spot is the Shell / Circle K gas station located next to the Safeway at South Academy (by Fort Carson) in Colorado Springs.

Interested? PM me or text 719-201-9383

Clovis
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Re: First Black Canyon ride of 2013 - Sunday May 26

I am interested. Finally a south ride!

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Sorry Clovis, I was there yesterday.
    I have to fly out to work 1st thing in the morning, so I had to cut my ride down to one day.
    Slabbed to Ft Fun, up to Walden, down to I70 thru Kremmling, over to Leadvillle, over Independance and back on the traditional route thru Bighorn Canyon.
    Weather was perfect, roads were great.
    Wierd tree blanket things on the Aspen side of Independance.
    785 miles, 12.5 hours.
    You'all have a great time!
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

I can't wait to see some. That is a beautiful ride.

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

I figured it was something like that Bash after I didn't hear back from you Friday night.

I ended up running Black Canyon solo. Mrs. Clovis was supposed to come with me but decided not to this morning. I don't think she wanted to get out of bed at 6am. So I slept in a bit and didn't leave until 10:30.

Got back home at 9:15 -- Trip ODO says 623 miles.

Roads and weather were perfect. No very much traffic for being memorial day weekend. Very light police enforcement, I came across two cops where they had just pulled someone else over.

No pictures as I was trying to get out of the mountains by dark. I do have some gopro footage, maybe I'll edit that into a video later.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Thanks for the ride direction Clovis!, I ended up going, I left around 8am and got back home 6pm. The video below does not do it justice, 92 is probably one of the best roads/scenery that I've ever seen. Just so happens to be a G-1 road. Sorry I couldn't join you guys but it's probably better that way, I like my clean driving/riding record too much!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-6QZgPXFwb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/-6QZgPXFwb4