Thread: Peeps, I need a sunmer job.

Member Yearly Supporter rifleshooter's Avatar

Peeps, I need a sunmer job.

Hey, folks, I'm looking for work for this summer. You guys know I'm a teacher and a geologist, and I'm trying to find employment teaching young minds about the Earth systems that we use and live on and under. I probably won't find a teaching gig until August, as a lot of educators don't give their notice until right before school starts.

Until then, I've got to get some cashflow coming my way or I'll be in some trouble. If you know of any temp work from Ft. Collins to the Tech Center, kindly let me know.

I'm good with retail (I'm very experienced), I have great mechanical aptitiude, I can talk coherently to customers, and I'm not afraid of physical labor. I know how to get work done in desktop publishing, I have customer service/call center experience, I know Excel and Word extensively, and can code for the web. I sold cars and motorcycles about ten years back. I can run construction equipment, used to fly helicopters in your Navy, and drive courier for a couple of years in the early 90's.

In short, if it needs done, either I can do it or hook you up with the guy or gal who can.
    Last edited by rifleshooter; Wed May 29th, 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Re: Peeps, I need a sunmer job.

It may be only temporary stuff, but I know the guys at 1800gotjunk are always looking for people. I'll be applying with them soon.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Peeps, I need a sunmer job.

PM me your addy and I'll email you, so you can reply with your resume. We're going to be hiring an L0 Support Engineering Admin, and you seem to have the analytical and "service" skills that we could probably put to good use. It could even turn into a full on Support Engineer position down the road if you showed the aptitude for learning the platforms and products. Off the bat though, I think you could make a case for yourself for where we're probably heading with this role. Lemme know.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed May 29th, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson