I've been to all three of the dealers. The first one was FH BMW and I swore I would never again go there. It was four years ago, but I spoke to this older man on the phone about test riding a bike, and he said he highly recommended it for what I was looking at. I arrived thinking, "yeh I'm going to test ride a cool bike!" and talked to him about it and he acted as if he hadn't heard of me on the phone even though he gave his name, and he knew mine. His tone also indicated that he was in no mood or not even close to willing to allow me this test ride. I left there just about steaming.

I've been to Erico and not really wanting to test ride anything (of course that's a lie) as I secretly would love to ride just about anything in a dealers' showroom. I have however purchased a few items of clothing from them and they were always very helpful and nice. I guess of course when you're dropping several hundred, or several thousand, it gives an incentive to be on your best behaviour.

Fay Myers was nice. I was in there several times to purchase parts for a friend's bike which I was doing work on (Yeh, I don't do that much anymore as of now) and the parts countre of course being busy all day everyday they're open it seems was still a good experience. Sales was fine, I dealt with two sales people, one of whom was Chad. He highly recommended after a bit of a chat to see what I was looking for invited me to sit on almost every bike on the showroom floor.

I usually imagine that walking in with realistic expectations is a great way to start. I read reviews on sites like Yelp and most of them can't help but think to myself what were these people really expecting from this? I've also never had anyone work on my bikes for me but that's because I didn't have enough money, or my bikes were really never very complicated. My first thought when I had to change the oil on my dirt bike when I was around 15 was it was a daunting task. Then I did it and though that if someone can't do the incredibly simple task of changing the oil on this bike, then they probably shouldn't own the bike. It really felt similar in a lot of ways to what I think milking a cow to be.