Thread: Euro Dealer Recommendations?

Euro Dealer Recommendations?

Anyone know of a decent Ducati and Aprilia dealer? Looking for a shop that does not require a 5 gallon bucket of Vaseline when it comes to dealer fee's, shipping and MSRP. I'm not sure one actually exists? I'm getting serious about owning a RSV4 or a Panigale and would like to keep my money somewhat local if possible.

Re: Euro Dealer Recommendations?

I bought my Multistrada at Fay Myers...they moved a little, but not much (actually it was hard to tell - I traded in a bike also, so they could wiggle on that). Their service guys seem to be good - I went to a service clinic they had with Jared, and he seemed like the kind of guy I want working on my bike.

A buddy of mine swears by Erico - I don't have any personal experience there, other than they seem like nice guys when I've talked to them.

My guess is for a Panigale, if you're buying new, you're probably going to have to pay pretty close to MSRP plus, at very least, the destination charge.

Erico / Fays / Colorado Euro - pick your poison.

Bought my triumphs from Foothills BMW (CO Euro), my multistrada from Erico and my Tuono from Fays. They all have their quirks. I've hear both good and bad about all three.

I can echo gregr's post about the service I got for my Duc at Fay's. Very happy with their work. They always helped me out, even when I was in a bind.

Erico came out and picked up the duc from my house when it died (warranty work)... never had a dealer willing to do that before.

Foothills gave me loaners when having work done on my Triumphs. That was nice.

Best bet is to go into all three, figure out who'll work out best for your situation and run with it. You can always try to get the fee raping to a minimum, but it's difficult.

Good luck!

Oh, and the v4r is an absolute beast...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Thanks for the heads up, I see Fay has a 12' Vr4 and a Factory for MSRP plus tax on CL.

Erico all the way. Great service and super friendly and knowledgeable staff. Forget Fay Myers. Absolutely horrible customer service. They fail to return calls, treat motorcycle sales like shady used car sales. I've given them two chances and they blew them both. I wound up buying from other places including Erico.....which I've purchased an Aprilia And two Ducatis....
    2016 Honda Africa Twin
    2015 Ducati Monster 1200s Stripe
    And Freakin' Old

I bought a bike from Fay and Erico, prefer Erico as well.

(on my 01 RSV Mille R) I thought Erico was top notch, I love their shop/showroom/service areas. I also had a positive experience with their service tech as far as options/explanations on service. I thought they were a little expensive but it comes with the territory…I've never had service at Fay, but their prices seem to be the most competitive when it comes to replacement parts/preventative maintenance items. Fay is also more convenient for me...

My buddy just picked up a new factory from FM. He said he got a killer deal but I didn't delve further into it.

Stay away from Northern Euro if you're looking for a deal. They treated me like an idiot for asking for them to drop their $1100 fee's with a cash deal. I'm headed to Erico on Saturday to see how they are.
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

Board Newbie

I've been to all three of the dealers. The first one was FH BMW and I swore I would never again go there. It was four years ago, but I spoke to this older man on the phone about test riding a bike, and he said he highly recommended it for what I was looking at. I arrived thinking, "yeh I'm going to test ride a cool bike!" and talked to him about it and he acted as if he hadn't heard of me on the phone even though he gave his name, and he knew mine. His tone also indicated that he was in no mood or not even close to willing to allow me this test ride. I left there just about steaming.

I've been to Erico and not really wanting to test ride anything (of course that's a lie) as I secretly would love to ride just about anything in a dealers' showroom. I have however purchased a few items of clothing from them and they were always very helpful and nice. I guess of course when you're dropping several hundred, or several thousand, it gives an incentive to be on your best behaviour.

Fay Myers was nice. I was in there several times to purchase parts for a friend's bike which I was doing work on (Yeh, I don't do that much anymore as of now) and the parts countre of course being busy all day everyday they're open it seems was still a good experience. Sales was fine, I dealt with two sales people, one of whom was Chad. He highly recommended after a bit of a chat to see what I was looking for invited me to sit on almost every bike on the showroom floor.

I usually imagine that walking in with realistic expectations is a great way to start. I read reviews on sites like Yelp and most of them can't help but think to myself what were these people really expecting from this? I've also never had anyone work on my bikes for me but that's because I didn't have enough money, or my bikes were really never very complicated. My first thought when I had to change the oil on my dirt bike when I was around 15 was it was a daunting task. Then I did it and though that if someone can't do the incredibly simple task of changing the oil on this bike, then they probably shouldn't own the bike. It really felt similar in a lot of ways to what I think milking a cow to be.