Thread: Black Forest Fire

Black Forest Fire

"6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

Re: Black Forest Fire

That is scary, my thoughts go out anyone in that area. I read that 8 homes have already been lost. I will be keeping my eye on this, it is only about 25 miles SSW from my place. While me area is not a forest, the forested areas come as close as a mile and half west of me

Some pretty intense shit that's for sure. I'm only about 4 or 5 miles from the lower edge of Black Forest. KRDO News 13 had live aerial footage of homes burning. Crazy to see them going up in real time.

Here's one from my house in Stetson Hills

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Here's another one of earlier when it was really cranking up. I was up off of North Union by Powers

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Sorry to see this again down that way. I hope they get it under control soon!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

The high winds and heat are going to make it very difficult to battle.

Just snapped another one real quick as sun was setting. My Droid doesn't like taking night pics. But this is best as I can get. Shows the glow from my house.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

My army national guard unit is sending 45 Soldiers with a possible follow on force...more to follow.
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

As I was heading home today I could see the smoke plume from northern Parker. Once I got down to Franktown it was very visible but too dark to take a picture

Geez!!! been up since 3:45AM and the wind has shifted. Was woke up due to the fact I can't breathe. Smoke is pretty bad in Stetson Hills..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

350 homes lost so far. Very sad. Hope everyone is safe!
    Please let us know if you need anything. The Dirty Southies is a cool and reliable gang, and always willing to help!

Jesus, that total jumped up fast. The last thing I heard was 92 or so.

If anyone needs some bike storage I've got a garage in Aurora. I don't have a truck or trailer, but if you can get it here I'll store it.

OMG....I didn't know it got that many...how sad
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!