Thread: Women's Gear in Denver

Women's Gear in Denver

My daughter and I made a giant loop around the Denver metro area today looking for a motorcycle jacket for her. I've got to say, in most shops, the women's section seems like an afterthought. Each store had one or two brands and one or two styles. The European brands, Alpine Stars, Dainese, and Rev'it seem to fit her the best. The American brands, even in sizes small and extra small were still too big, even if they were too short. We hit almost every shop, but I want to give a giant thanks to Erico Motorsports and Fay Meyers for having more than just one or two choices. We ended up with a Dainese from Fay Meyers, and the counter help in the parts department was really good. Thanks.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

'03 Honda vtr1000f Super Hawk
    '07 Honda XR650L

Re: Women's Gear in Denver

Thats great that you got what you were looking for. Not sure after another one, but I bought a alpinestar size small jacket that I liked, bought it and it was too small and I could not return it. If you're interested in it let me know. Brand new other than it's been in my closet, I believe I still have the tags for it too. I'm 5'6" ~135lbs and it's too tight on me - Yellow & black pretty basic leather jacket.

Yeah my wife had issues finding a jacket that would fit she is tall and everything was short in the arms. You are right shops seem to have small selection for women's sport riding gear. Fay Meyers helped her out ordered a jacket that they don't stock let her try it before she bought it, fit well so she got it made by Poker run.

Quote Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
    Thats great that you got what you were looking for. Not sure after another one, but I bought a alpinestar size small jacket that I liked, bought it and it was too small and I could not return it. If you're interested in it let me know. Brand new other than it's been in my closet, I believe I still have the tags for it too. I'm 5'6" ~135lbs and it's too tight on me - Yellow & black pretty basic leather jacket.
    What are you looking to get out of the jacket and where are you located? She might be interested.

'07 Honda XR650L

I think it 'retailed' for $350, I wanna say I paid $200, maybe $225 on clearance and if I got $175 or $150 I would be happy. I live at University and Dry Creek and I work at Peoria & Arapahoe Road. The sleeve length from armpit to cuff is a little over 16".

mods - if this is posted in the wrong area (IE, not the classifieds, please let me know and I will re-post it).

Quote Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
    I think it 'retailed' for $350, I wanna say I paid $200, maybe $225 on clearance and if I got $175 or $150 I would be happy. I live at University and Dry Creek and I work at Peoria & Arapahoe Road. The sleeve length from armpit to cuff is a little over 16".

Thanks, 3point5, thats a nice jacket. It would probably fit her, but she's all tapped out for now on the $$$. Hopefully, someone else will grab it up from you. GLWS!

Thanks again.

'07 Honda XR650L

Board Newbie

I also liked Erico. I haven't purchased any clothing from Fay Myers, yet, but might in the future.

Both seem to have a ratio of clothing which is comparable to the ratio of genders riding.