View Poll Results: Do you think Rossi will retire after the 2013 season?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 8.70%
  • No

17 73.91%
  • Yes, and Crutchlow will take his spot

4 17.39%

Thread: Rossi and Yamaha

Rossi and Yamaha

With Rossi not doing as well as he suspected and hoped he'd do, do you see him returning to Yamaha after this season?
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Re: Rossi and Yamaha

I hate to say it but yes.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Maybe he should move to a Duc. That'll probably work. I'm sure it's that crappy Yamaha that he's riding that's causing him not to win........

btw I'm not a Rossi fan. After he became a little bich about the Duc I lost all respect for him.
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

**GASP**

How dare you besmirch his holiness, The Doctor! Soon, all of the Rossi knob polishers will be in here to put you back into your place...

for shame, sir... for shame...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    **GASP**

How dare you besmirch his holiness, The Doctor! Soon, all of the Rossi knob polishers will be in here to put you back into your place...

I hope he proves everyone wrong in these upcoming races man cause just how he rode the first race to what he's doing now, something happened for sure.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I love how after what 6 races everyone is counting Rossi out?? He's not doing as bad as everyone might think. Sure his qualifying has been less than stellar but his race results(for the most part) have been decent. I mean he was what?? 4 or 5 seconds behind in Catalunya and kept the front pack in sight. Despite almost being taken out by Bautista again!!

Yeah and whatever you people want to believe, that BS move in Mugello was all Bautista's fault. I don't care what Rossi himself says. Rossi is trying to be courteous and cordial. But everyone knows deep down and not only watching it in real time but loop after loop from all camera angles Bautista blew it and slammed into Rossi. So Rossi had a bad Mugello and went down in Le Mans.

Let's see, Posted a #2 in Losail, 6th in Austin, 4th at Jerez, 12th in Le Mans(due to him falling, but if I remember up until that point he was beating Lorenzo?? and passed him), DNF in Mugello(thanks to Bautista), and 4th in Catalunya.

Pretty respectable results considering the s**t he's had to fight through in qualifying and dealing with people that apparently can't negotiate corners.

Also last I checked, when was the last MotoGP race that was actually exciting?? Oh that's right, Qatar!! when he was fighting his way through the pack to claim second. Other then that, the GP's have been pretty much boring and lackluster due to the latest crop of aliens that apparently are afraid to dogfight(sans Marquez) and are more than happy to just click off lap after lap of the same time. Let's face it, as awesome as Lorenzo and Pedrosa are, they are pretty boring to watch. I'm a huge fan of Lorenzo, but man his riding puts me to sleep, as does Pedrosa's.

And my honest opinion is Pedrosa is holding Marquez up. Marquez is clearly faster than Pedrosa, yet Dani clearly blocks him knowing he's slower than Marquez. If Dani really wanted to get faster, he'd let Marquez by and then follow him to Lorenzo. Might give Dani some inspiration to race a little harder and stop being the road block that he is.

Back to Rossi, I think it's still a very early season. We've only checked off 6 of 18 races. Lots of racing still to be had and yeah I know the batch of tracks we've just gone through are some of Rossi's favs. What can be said that hasn't already?? Does he need to qualify better?? Yes, 100%... Has he had a rash of bad fortune in a couple races?? Oh for sure he has. I think he could alleviate some of his misfortune with the mid pack guys if he'd qualify better.

Is Rossi past his prime?? Yep, though he's still pretty damn fast when you compare his times to the top 3 aliens. I mean, he's usually within less than a second to the top guy. I don't see the Ducati boys up there?? Oh that's right, they can qualify better, yet those POS's they are riding can't seem to finish the race anywhere in the same zipcode as the top riders(Rossi included). And if you don't believe me, check here: http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics

Compare all of the times the Duc's are setting to Rossi's. With the exception of Le Mans, they aren't anywhere close to Rossi, let alone the top 3 fastest guys. And it ain't how to start the race(Dovi does qualify well) but it's how you finish. The Ducati's are consistently sucking hind tit when the race is over. I also believe that had Mugello not been a cluster f**k for Rossi we would have seen him fighting for the podium. He was very fast and had good pace that weekend. Just like in Catalunya, he had good and fast pace too. He just needs to tap into whatever he's missing with the M1 and he'll be up there with the fast 3. This latest test(done last week) is very promising when Rossi has commented that he's found a much better balance with the braking that he's been having issues with the first few races. Who knows, maybe Rossi found his cure for the bike and will be much much faster now.

MotoGP will be much better in the long run when Rossi can be faster than he's been. We'll see much more exciting racing and the races will actually be fun to watch.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'm not counting him out but he just doesn't seem to be all there. Who knows if its the bike or him or both... That crash was all bautista's fault for sure. Rossi is doing good though considering the set backs. Hopefully I can watch most of the race this upcoming weekend before starting cornerworking.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I'm not counting him out but he just doesn't seem to be all there. Who knows if its the bike or him or both... That crash was all bautista's fault for sure. Rossi is doing good though considering the set backs. Hopefully I can watch most of the race this upcoming weekend before starting cornerworking.
    Oh I agree completely. I think he's just trying to sort out the bike and get back some of that mojo that he lost in the last two years. Even for the great Rossi it's not going to come back all at once. But like you say, if you really look at his progress, he's doing rather well set back and all. He's really posted some very excellent times and when he gets the chance to race his race and finish it, the guy still has some fireworks left in him.

And everyone thinks Cal should have Rossi's seat but when everything is equal playing field and both on their game. Rossi smokes Cal everytime and I know Yamaha sees that. They saw Rossi smoke Pedrosa and Marquez in the season opener. They know Rossi's potential is there. Rossi knows his potential is there. Like everyone else, we're just waiting for him to tap into it and produce some really great results like in Qatar.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    **GASP**

There are a lot of Rossi fans, and I'm just not sure why. I just don't care for all the high school girl crying that comes from him. If he came out and stated that he's just not riding well anymore, and admits that he needs to improve himself physically and psychologically, I would hope that he'd do better. And if he did win he would win in style. But when he goes and blames everyone and everything except himself, because he is obviously perfect with a significant amount talent that Ped, Lor, and Mar will never ever ever have, and he still sucks...well he just looks like a poophead to me.

I'm also a big fan of the young bloods. Simoncelli, rest in peace, was a blast to watch, on and off the track. Now Marquez is on the track, tearing it up in his own style, and he's exciting. You just don't know what's going to happen.
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

To leave a sure thing and try to win on a different bike takes some massive balls

Rossi's tried it twice now. Once with incredible success. To call him a little bitch for trying to make a rusty piece of shit actually win, now that's a little too far

So much respect for that guy. I'm not going to forget about him after 6 races

you should google "Rossi leaves Honda" and "Rossi's first Yamaha race"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh I agree completely. I think he's just trying to sort out the bike and get back some of that mojo that he lost in the last two years. Even for the great Rossi it's not going to come back all at once. But like you say, if you really look at his progress, he's doing rather well set back and all. He's really posted some very excellent times and when he gets the chance to race his race and finish it, the guy still has some fireworks left in him.

And everyone thinks Cal should have Rossi's seat but when everything is equal playing field and both on their game. Rossi smokes Cal everytime and I know Yamaha sees that. They saw Rossi smoke Pedrosa and Marquez in the season opener. They know Rossi's potential is there. Rossi knows his potential is there. Like everyone else, we're just waiting for him to tap into it and produce some really great results like in Qatar.
    Even at some random interviews in the MotoGP main site Rossi says that they're working on tweaking the bike cause it doesn't feel right just yet, hopefully he will pull through. As far as Crutchlow taking his place I would say it'll be possible in the future but not so soon. Crutchlow has been making awesome progress and making key finishes but like you said, par to par Rossi obviously takes that one. I see Marquez' overconfidence biting him in the ass sooner or later, he has raw talent but you gotta fail/fall enough times before you can succeed to the fullest.... I'll be a Rossi fan forever and to answer the Rossi critics when he was at Ducati. It wasn't his fault the techs did not want to listen to him, how can you not? He's the one riding the bike and feeling everything that's wrong with it and all they could answer him while being mad is "There's nothing wrong with the bike".... uhhhh really? That's why the 9 time champion couldn't do shit with it? Seems to me like there is something wrong there and it wasn't Rossi lol, even Dovi and Hayden say the bikes are utter shit lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

As a Rossi fan, I'd never thought I'd even say this, but really --- who cares??? MotoGP has become the worst kind of racing there is... if anyone can even call it "racing."

Every time I turn it on, I'm reminded why I don't care about it anymore. It's turned into an utter shit show.

I'd rather watch Chopped on the Food Network. At least that show has a semblance of competition, which makes it quasi-entertaining.

A) Rossi wont retire yet, they signed him for two years
    B) WSBK is much more entertaining to watch as far as racing is concerned
    C) Marquez and Crutchlow are the only two rides that i enjoy watching in motogp
    D) I think Rossi isnt done fighting for the podium this season....however next season he will produce better results
    E) And to whoever said Rossi whines to much im curious to hear how they felt about stoner lol
    F) Did i mention WSBK is more fun to watch??
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)

^^^^+1. and the season is loooong. simmer down. its like when after two races everyones like oooh pedrosa is so done for he sucks.

also, rossi to his own suzuki team in 2015. im callin it now :P

wsbk and moto2 racing action >

Quote Originally Posted by ticktock4792 View Post
    A) Rossi wont retire yet, they signed him for two years
    B) WSBK is much more entertaining to watch as far as racing is concerned
    C) Marquez and Crutchlow are the only two rides that i enjoy watching in motogp
    D) I think Rossi isnt done fighting for the podium this season....however next season he will produce better results
    E) And to whoever said Rossi whines to much im curious to hear how they felt about stoner lol
    F) Did i mention WSBK is more fun to watch??

I completely agree with B, C, and F.

But i'd have to say that I started watching the BSB's last year because of how boring motogp has been. BSB has a huge grid, lots of talent, and there's always a good race to be had.

Senior Member Moderator

I'm fairly new to watching MotoGP and I didn't much care for Rossi, initially. I didn't understand the hero worship and sneered at all the fanboys sporting #46 on their gear. However, the more I learn about his history in the sport, the more I understand the respect he has earned. He wasn't simply a winner, he had fun doing it, especially winning, with all his victory lap antics. I missed out on those days, and in many respects, without him winning, people get to look forward to robotic, sterile, and industrialized celebrations. Watching Rossi during his heyday, he looked like he truly loved what he was doing; much like many of us would likely feel if we had the chance to ride at that level. He made it entertaining. As far as his speed is concerned, considering the Simoncelli incident and his numerous injuries, I'd have sworn off riding altogether. He's not the same, and I don't see how he could be.

During Catalunya I did find myself wishing that Rossi could catch the leaders and breathe some fire on Jorge, Dani, and Marq. I was also wishing Marquez could find a way past Pedrosa and battle it out with Lorenzo. Either way, I can't wait for Assen!

Where's the "who cares, I just like to watch good racing" option?!?!?
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Well looks like Rossi and the team worked out a lot of the kinks at Aragon this past weekend during their tests there and he said the bike is handling much better and performing better overall so we'll see how that stacks up saturday! ANDIAMO VALE!... Gonna have to watch the race later on that day though and not live as usual cause it starts at 7am local time on Saturday and the track will be hot by then and we'll be flagging it up, boo! lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Hotel haz wifi? We can watch qualifiers sat night and snuggle

Yea wifi there for sure, we can watch qualifiers but I dk about the snuggle part. I only use that when I do laundry ... The practice is on thursday, qualifiers friday and the race on saturday. No races sunday for MotoGP
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

yeah I'm thinking Rossi will be back for next year
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"