Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can anyone explain why......

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Re: can anyone explain why......

Tank grips on my "order soon" list

FWIW I have tried Stomp grip on two different bikes and don't care for them. I don't get as far off the bike as some though.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

And remember to ride on the balls of your feet as well as pushing down on your foot peg with the inside foot.

Have you read A Twist of the Wrist II or seen the DVD?

make sure you're rolling the throttle on smoothly, evenly, an consistently throughout the remainder of the turn. If you're off the gas, it loads the front suspension, making steering "heavy."
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

Board Newbie

I use these and find that they really help lock in my knee and inner thigh. Almost a stock look to them too. Very impressed.

http://www.techspec-usa.com/

However, I tend to weight my outside peg in a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    FWIW I have tried Stomp grip on two different bikes and don't care for them. I don't get as far off the bike as some though.
    I to did not like the stomp but love the snake skin have you tried that? I don't ride street much but I rode a bike not to long ago with out any pads and it was much harder to grip the tank I didn't like it, although still doable just a little differant feeling and had to think about it unsure type feeling. Also had jeans on to so thats a big feeling change as well from the suit.

The knee/thigh to tank is awsome Ricky taught we this some years ago. My legs still hurt pretty good the next day after a good day of riding.
    Forsure have good rubber and the forks and shock gone through. My frt felt kinda like this after a couple years of owning my bike and being 100% stock besides tires and some stuff I really didn't need. First it was the tire it didn't look to bad but seemed to get harder as it wore was the 208 dunlops that came stock the front would feel so bad and just slide and vibrate kinda scary feeling it only took a couple times of that before I got freshies. I didn't think I needed anything done to the forks but you do and the sooner the better. Do it make it yours work with settings and it will pay off I can promise you this.Continue to work on your riding as well be in no hurry to step to far and it comes together. You'll find yourself braking harder banging downshifts and carry way more entry speed and not even be thinking about it.
    Last edited by One-ops; Wed Jul 31st, 2013 at 07:11 PM.

As well as using your legs and body weight to shoft your bike aim where you want to go with your shoulders just as mich (if not more so) and look way ahead. You probably already know that but it never hurts to look as far ahead as you possibly can and constantly remind yourself to do it (I tend to have a harder time doing this on the street than the track but its equally important). It really helps you stay loose and confident going into a turn because there's nothing ahead that you haven't already digested and accounted for in your control input if you follow what I mean.
    Nicole
    Street: 08 Suzuki SV650S
    08 Kawi Ninja 500 *SOLD*
    Track: 03 Yamaha R6

MRA corner worker