Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike Stolen Last Night

Board Newbie

Bike Stolen Last Night

I am so furious right now. I woke up got dressed and went outside and my bike is gone. Its a red 2012 Ninja 600r. Two brothers racing shorty pipe. If you see it please let me know. I have insurance but I literally just bought this bike and it has 280 miles on it. It was stolen near downtown in Colorado Springs.
    Last edited by racingmason23; Thu Jun 27th, 2013 at 07:02 PM.

Re: Bike Stolen Last Night

Any more info, like temp tag number, other mods, LoJack, etc.? Honestly, the chances of seeing it just riding around town are slim, but the more info the better. It was likely picked up by a van or pushed down the street and is now sitting in a garage somewhere.

Board Newbie

I just put the Colorado plates on it late last week. I don't remember the tag numbers and the registration was in a Ziploc baggie under my seat. The two brothers exhaust is aluminum and is the shorty version its extremely loud and is easy to be seen and heard. The only real identifying characteristic is the front fairing had a small crack by the left hand mirror mount. No LO-JACK.
    Last edited by racingmason23; Mon Jun 24th, 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I sure hope that dealerships security cam will be of help!

Board Newbie

Went down there and it doesnt face that direction. Insurance filed and police said slim to none it will be found. The sad thing is that inuave had it for less than a month and it had 300 miles on it. I hope my insurance pays well.

Board Newbie

Bike was found today and impounded. Not sure if it was van jacked or what. It apparently has a broken mirror and the ignition was broke and bike was hot wired. It was not far from my place and was at its location since monday am. There is more to the story but I don't want to post it online.

Whatever information you have if you don't mind sharing it please do it may help everyone else from getting thier bike stolen.

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Whatever information you have if you don't mind sharing it please do it may help everyone else from getting thier bike stolen.
    Well it was not far from my place in a high traffic parking lot. There are cameras and I am obtaining the video tomorrow and hopefully it shows something. I believe it is someone from my complex. It was there since the morning it stolen but the manager thought it was an employee. I will post pics of the ignition tomorrow after I pick it up.

Board Newbie

Picked up the bike and the ignition was pry bared and the top triple clamp was broke. The bike was extremely dirty on the right side and scraped up real bad and I was able to pull rocks out of the fairing so it was definitely laid down on the right side. Im glad it was found but am upset that the perpetrator is still out and about. Ill post picks tonight when I get home.

Glad you got it back, but learn from this and chain down your bike (since it sounds like you have no garage)! These bikes are way too light to think a few guys couldn't easily pick one up.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Glad you got it back. Hope the lot it was found in has some cameras that help identify the assholes that took it.

Sorry your new baby is all fucked up now.

Hopefully the asshole that laid it down came out far worse than your bike. People that steal the things that the rest of us work hard for, deserve a hammer to both hands so hopefully they can't steal anything else with their ruined hands.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

thank god you got it back but that sucks about the damage. Insurance should cover that at least hopefully! Hopefulyl they don't total it or give it a salvage title since it was stolen. I know with most cars if they are stolen they give them a salvage title as there are no guarentees what was done to it when it was stolen as anything could be wrong. All in all tho good news you got it back man!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    thank god you got it back but that sucks about the damage. Insurance should cover that at least hopefully! Hopefulyl they don't total it or give it a salvage title since it was stolen. I know with most cars if they are stolen they give them a salvage title as there are no guarentees what was done to it when it was stolen as anything could be wrong. All in all tho good news you got it back man!
    Really? I think I'd rather it not be found so insurance could get me a new one and not one all messed up that needs to be fixed....probably for same deductible amount

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Really? I think I'd rather it not be found so insurance could get me a new one and not one all messed up that needs to be fixed....probably for same deductible amount
    I'm with you. I would much rather let insurance replace it than get my bike back all messed up.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Sorry I didnt know his situation, I don't know how he feels. Then again its a 2012 and they are probably replaceable, whereas my bike is no longer made and with what I've done to it it's probably worth more to me than what the insurance company would give. SOme companies also don't cover aftermarket parts so that nice exhaust he has they may negate all together. But at least since its recovered if they do total it they have proof of what the exhaust actually is so might ad in for the cost of that as well.

And no I wouldnt want a salvaged title bike myself, buit I work for an insurance company myself an I have seen cars that are stolen and then recovered be considered a salvage title by our damage reps simply because there is no way to show what happened to ist while it was stolen, such as wiring issues or motor issues if the car was abused while stolen.

My bad if I offended anyone
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Sorry I didnt know his situation, I don't know how he feels. Then again its a 2012 and they are probably replaceable, whereas my bike is no longer made and with what I've done to it it's probably worth more to me than what the insurance company would give. SOme companies also don't cover aftermarket parts so that nice exhaust he has they may negate all together. But at least since its recovered if they do total it they have proof of what the exhaust actually is so might ad in for the cost of that as well.

And no I wouldnt want a salvaged title bike myself, buit I work for an insurance company myself an I have seen cars that are stolen and then recovered be considered a salvage title by our damage reps simply because there is no way to show what happened to ist while it was stolen, such as wiring issues or motor issues if the car was abused while stolen.

My bad if I offended anyone
    You didn't offend me at all. Just making conversation and adding my opinion (and you know how opinions are; like assholes everyone has one and some are stinky)

Overall I think it should be the owners decision, but I doubt insurance companies work that way and my bet is if it is found all they will do is fix it. Now if they put a salvaged title on it I would hope there would be some way to fight that to get a new bike because you pay for insurance to cover your on you current ride as it was when taken and really no amount of work will remove a salvage title (in most cases).

Really though man, I feel bad your bike got stolen and I hate thieves so bad! People work hard for their stuff then some losers comes around and takes it because they are too lazy to earn it themselves
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jun 28th, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yes I was just hoping it wouldn't get found because I am sure it will be a big fight to get it fixed as the labor will be what kills it. I'm sure the dealer will want to replace the whole wiring harness instead of buy a used on off eBay and repair the cut wires. The main harness alone is almost $600 and on eBay they are going for $19 used. I will know more on Tuesday when the adjuster views it and makes his decision.

The fairings are not bad a few light scratches on them and no cracks, and a scuffed up bar end. The mirror was broke off but all in all no where near what I thought it was going to be in. It was laid down on sand / gravel and didn't even scuff up the exhaust . I walked my complex and found where they got it out, there was a cut in the fence and a trail down to the road where it was found. Looks like they tried to ride it down the hill in the dark with no lights and failed miserably. I am not sure if they got it started or not because the gas tank was full to the top of the lock prior to it being stolen and it is still at the same level. I am thinking they shorted it trying to hot wire it and they just gave up and left it when the realized where they were.

You can see where the rested the pry bar on the steering damper as its all blackened from sliding it on there.

Last edited by racingmason23; Sat Jun 29th, 2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Fixed Pictures

Fucking assholes.....

As long as you have decent insurance just give it to a shop and let them deal with it, and make sure its 100% right before picking it up. I know you can buy stuff cheaper on ebay but a shop has to guarantee it will be right and ebay stuff usually won't do on a new bike. I too would make sure it doesn't get a rebuilt salvage title when finished.

Moral of the story. Bikes require a garage to own.

That really sucks. My 07 R1 was stolen in 08 from Colorado Springs. They found it a year later in North Carolina.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Moral of the story. Bikes require a garage to own.

That really sucks. My 07 R1 was stolen in 08 from Colorado Springs. They found it a year later in North Carolina.
    ^what he said

the day I bought my bike, I had to make a trail through our landscape garden to get to the back yard where it would be left on the porch in the fenced in yard. Takes a bit of effort doing that, and on days I get lazy and park it on the driveway/front steps just for a few hours even in daylight I get paranoid with people seeing the bikes I own. As long as I have motorcycles, having a garage or secured yard is a must. WAAY too many stolen crotch rockets out there. Plus I can't afford anything over liability insurance...

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Gold Member Yearly Supporter asp_125's Avatar

I used to park mine on the back patio, in a garden shed. You had to do a U-turn to get it facing the right way, then a 90 degree turn through the garden gate and onto the driveway. It was a PITA but better than the alternative without a garage.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:06 Thruxton 900 "Crumpet" \ 08 Spyder RS "Big Bird" \ 12 Street TripleR
    Sold List:97 Kawi Ninja500R, 03 Suzuki SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 Honda CB350/4, 03 BMW F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250 "Gumby"
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I used to park mine on the back patio, in a garden shed. You had to do a U-turn to get it facing the right way, then a 90 degree turn through the garden gate and onto the driveway. It was a PITA but better than the alternative without a garage.
    Same here; house has no garage so I converted the tin shed in the back into a storage for the bike. Wasn't the easiest to get into, but was better than worrying.

Other alternative is bike alarm, disk break lock/alarm, or hardened chain