Thread: Bike Stolen Last Night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bike Stolen Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Sorry I didnt know his situation, I don't know how he feels. Then again its a 2012 and they are probably replaceable, whereas my bike is no longer made and with what I've done to it it's probably worth more to me than what the insurance company would give. SOme companies also don't cover aftermarket parts so that nice exhaust he has they may negate all together. But at least since its recovered if they do total it they have proof of what the exhaust actually is so might ad in for the cost of that as well.

And no I wouldnt want a salvaged title bike myself, buit I work for an insurance company myself an I have seen cars that are stolen and then recovered be considered a salvage title by our damage reps simply because there is no way to show what happened to ist while it was stolen, such as wiring issues or motor issues if the car was abused while stolen.

My bad if I offended anyone
    You didn't offend me at all. Just making conversation and adding my opinion (and you know how opinions are; like assholes everyone has one and some are stinky)

Overall I think it should be the owners decision, but I doubt insurance companies work that way and my bet is if it is found all they will do is fix it. Now if they put a salvaged title on it I would hope there would be some way to fight that to get a new bike because you pay for insurance to cover your on you current ride as it was when taken and really no amount of work will remove a salvage title (in most cases).

Really though man, I feel bad your bike got stolen and I hate thieves so bad! People work hard for their stuff then some losers comes around and takes it because they are too lazy to earn it themselves
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jun 28th, 2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!