Thread: Bike Stolen Last Night

Bike Stolen Last Night

I am so furious right now. If you see it please let me know. It was stolen near downtown in Colorado Springs.
    Last edited by racingmason23; Mon Nov 26th, 2018 at 05:54 AM.

Re: Bike Stolen Last Night

Any more info, like temp tag number, other mods, LoJack, etc.? Honestly, the chances of seeing it just riding around town are slim, but the more info the better. It was likely picked up by a van or pushed down the street and is now sitting in a garage somewhere.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I sure hope that dealerships security cam will be of help!

Whatever information you have if you don't mind sharing it please do it may help everyone else from getting thier bike stolen.

Glad you got it back, but learn from this and chain down your bike (since it sounds like you have no garage)! These bikes are way too light to think a few guys couldn't easily pick one up.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Glad you got it back. Hope the lot it was found in has some cameras that help identify the assholes that took it.

Sorry your new baby is all fucked up now.

Hopefully the asshole that laid it down came out far worse than your bike. People that steal the things that the rest of us work hard for, deserve a hammer to both hands so hopefully they can't steal anything else with their ruined hands.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

thank god you got it back but that sucks about the damage. Insurance should cover that at least hopefully! Hopefulyl they don't total it or give it a salvage title since it was stolen. I know with most cars if they are stolen they give them a salvage title as there are no guarentees what was done to it when it was stolen as anything could be wrong. All in all tho good news you got it back man!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    thank god you got it back but that sucks about the damage. Insurance should cover that at least hopefully! Hopefulyl they don't total it or give it a salvage title since it was stolen. I know with most cars if they are stolen they give them a salvage title as there are no guarentees what was done to it when it was stolen as anything could be wrong. All in all tho good news you got it back man!
    Really? I think I'd rather it not be found so insurance could get me a new one and not one all messed up that needs to be fixed....probably for same deductible amount

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Really? I think I'd rather it not be found so insurance could get me a new one and not one all messed up that needs to be fixed....probably for same deductible amount
    I'm with you. I would much rather let insurance replace it than get my bike back all messed up.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Sorry I didnt know his situation, I don't know how he feels. Then again its a 2012 and they are probably replaceable, whereas my bike is no longer made and with what I've done to it it's probably worth more to me than what the insurance company would give. SOme companies also don't cover aftermarket parts so that nice exhaust he has they may negate all together. But at least since its recovered if they do total it they have proof of what the exhaust actually is so might ad in for the cost of that as well.

And no I wouldnt want a salvaged title bike myself, buit I work for an insurance company myself an I have seen cars that are stolen and then recovered be considered a salvage title by our damage reps simply because there is no way to show what happened to ist while it was stolen, such as wiring issues or motor issues if the car was abused while stolen.

My bad if I offended anyone

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Sorry I didnt know his situation, I don't know how he feels. Then again its a 2012 and they are probably replaceable, whereas my bike is no longer made and with what I've done to it it's probably worth more to me than what the insurance company would give. SOme companies also don't cover aftermarket parts so that nice exhaust he has they may negate all together. But at least since its recovered if they do total it they have proof of what the exhaust actually is so might ad in for the cost of that as well.

And no I wouldnt want a salvaged title bike myself, buit I work for an insurance company myself an I have seen cars that are stolen and then recovered be considered a salvage title by our damage reps simply because there is no way to show what happened to ist while it was stolen, such as wiring issues or motor issues if the car was abused while stolen.

My bad if I offended anyone
    You didn't offend me at all. Just making conversation and adding my opinion (and you know how opinions are; like assholes everyone has one and some are stinky)

Overall I think it should be the owners decision, but I doubt insurance companies work that way and my bet is if it is found all they will do is fix it. Now if they put a salvaged title on it I would hope there would be some way to fight that to get a new bike because you pay for insurance to cover your on you current ride as it was when taken and really no amount of work will remove a salvage title (in most cases).

Really though man, I feel bad your bike got stolen and I hate thieves so bad! People work hard for their stuff then some losers comes around and takes it because they are too lazy to earn it themselves
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jun 28th, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Fucking assholes.....

As long as you have decent insurance just give it to a shop and let them deal with it, and make sure its 100% right before picking it up. I know you can buy stuff cheaper on ebay but a shop has to guarantee it will be right and ebay stuff usually won't do on a new bike. I too would make sure it doesn't get a rebuilt salvage title when finished.

Moral of the story. Bikes require a garage to own.

That really sucks. My 07 R1 was stolen in 08 from Colorado Springs. They found it a year later in North Carolina.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Moral of the story. Bikes require a garage to own.

That really sucks. My 07 R1 was stolen in 08 from Colorado Springs. They found it a year later in North Carolina.
    ^what he said

the day I bought my bike, I had to make a trail through our landscape garden to get to the back yard where it would be left on the porch in the fenced in yard. Takes a bit of effort doing that, and on days I get lazy and park it on the driveway/front steps just for a few hours even in daylight I get paranoid with people seeing the bikes I own. As long as I have motorcycles, having a garage or secured yard is a must. WAAY too many stolen crotch rockets out there. Plus I can't afford anything over liability insurance...

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

I used to park mine on the back patio, in a garden shed. You had to do a U-turn to get it facing the right way, then a 90 degree turn through the garden gate and onto the driveway. It was a PITA but better than the alternative without a garage.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I used to park mine on the back patio, in a garden shed. You had to do a U-turn to get it facing the right way, then a 90 degree turn through the garden gate and onto the driveway. It was a PITA but better than the alternative without a garage.
    Same here; house has no garage so I converted the tin shed in the back into a storage for the bike. Wasn't the easiest to get into, but was better than worrying.

Other alternative is bike alarm, disk break lock/alarm, or hardened chain

Even tho my bike is parked in the garage, I use a disc brake lock on it when I plan to have it sit for a few days at least. Granted that isnt a 100% stopper of a theif, they'll steal it if they really want it, but it is a deterant for them and cost me $5 off amazon for the lock.