Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Need advise on renting out my motorcycle to other people

Re: Need advise on renting out my motorcycle to other people

This is what you really want isn't it. It has a cup holder for your beer.

Last edited by DRKATO1; Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Bulldog its been a pleasure talking with you but i've got a Physical therapy appointment with my daughter.
    I'll check back tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DRKATO1 View Post
    This is what you really want isn't it. It has a cup holder for your beer.

Sheesh at least throw in your dirtbike

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Dirt bike traded in for the CBR long time ago.
    The RC is a friends that hit head on with a car and broke both his legs. He very lucky to be alive. was at Golden gate canyon.
    I still have the wreaked RC in my garage he doesn't want to see it anymore.
    Last edited by DRKATO1; Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

Dirt bike traded in for the CBR long time ago.
    The RC is a friends that hit head on with a car and broke both his legs. He very lucky to be alive. was at Golden gate canyon.
    I still have the wreaked RC in my garage he doesn't want to see it anymore.
    Fine, so how much for the pedal bike then??? Just kidding, but I'd wheelie that thing hardcore with a beer in it's holder!

It's amazing what the new cars record during an accedent when airbags deploy.

After a couple of beers I tend to ramble and miss spell words.

Actually, you don't need them to deploy on some. You can have a deployment or non-deployment event where the ACM still records the pre-crash data.

I agree that the health insurance companies run the medical industry in this country. Doesn't your policy have a "Max Out of Pocket" benefit? I have United and my max out of pocket for in network is $2500, out of network it is $5000.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I agree that the health insurance companies run the medical industry in this country. Doesn't your policy have a "Max Out of Pocket" benefit? I have United and my max out of pocket for in network is $2500, out of network it is $5000.
    it's the result of government attempts at regulating the industry.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

can't remember max out of pocket but my yearly deductable is $2500.00

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Actually, you don't need them to deploy on some. You can have a deployment or non-deployment event where the ACM still records the pre-crash data.
    It was a sad day when i showed the customer he was doing 150+ mph when his engine blew up and the service writer told him it wasn't covered.

It was a sad day when i showed the customer he was doing 150+ mph when his engine blew up and the service writer told him it wasn't covered.
    That IS a sad day!

can't remember max out of pocket but my yearly deductable is $2500.00
    I work in this industry (sad to say), but you should be able to call your insurance provider to see what it is. Basically he is saying that if you meet that out of pocket that is as much as they can hit you for since you have valid insurance; well insurance companies are crooked so they will try to deny services so they get around this, but there is a max. At that point you have to appeal the payment and usually if you fight them enough they will pay. You should also look into setting up a flex spending account too because then medical expenses are not taxed and can save you a lot of money if the surgery is huge. Normally though you should only have to pay that $2500 deductible if you stay in network so the surgery is probably going to be covered more than you think if it is not a pre-existing condition that your insurance has flagged you with or non-covered!

Last you may want to see if your daughter would qualify for Medicare if this is a life disability. Most people think Medicare is only for people over 65 years old, but it is also for disability and ESRD (end stage renal disorder; kidney failure). May be worth applying...
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jul 3rd, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I work in this industry (sad to say), but you should be able to call your insurance provider to see what it is. Basically he is saying that if you meet that out of pocket that is as much as they can hit you for since you have valid insurance; well insurance companies are crooked so they will try to deny services so they get around this, but there is a max. At that point you have to appeal the payment and usually if you fight them enough they will pay. You should also look into setting up a flex spending account too because then medical expenses are not taxed and can save you a lot of money if the surgery is huge. Normally though you should only have to pay that $2500 deductible if you stay in network so the surgery is probably going to be covered more than you think if it is not a pre-existing condition that your insurance has flagged you with or non-covered!
    Maybe the rest of us need a new policy then cuz most of the folks I know have to pay their out of pocket deductible BEFORE the 80/20 kicks in. So you pay $2500 and then 20% of the overinflated list price of the hospital procedure (not 20% of the significantly reduced negotiated rate the insurance company actually pays). It's becoming more and more common to be able to obtain a cash quote for a surgery that will cost you less than running the same procedure through insurance.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

I've never been responsible for the diff between the charge and the negotiated rate with United...wasn't with Aetna either. I think negotiated prices are one of the biggest benefits of being insured, at least it has been for me. My knee surgeries have been running about $300 after my deductible of $400 has been met, and I meet the deductible with a Flex Spending Account via work.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Thanks for the info everybody, i'm taking it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Maybe the rest of us need a new policy then cuz most of the folks I know have to pay their out of pocket deductible BEFORE the 80/20 kicks in. So you pay $2500 and then 20% of the overinflated list price of the hospital procedure (not 20% of the significantly reduced negotiated rate the insurance company actually pays). It's becoming more and more common to be able to obtain a cash quote for a surgery that will cost you less than running the same procedure through insurance.
    Yup, every plan is different and some really suck! There are even plans with no deductibles where people pay zero for surgeries! All depends on what your employer and you want to pay for monthly! Shit you can even get two or three insurance and guarantee you never pay when a emergency comes up.

84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

So, I've been thinking about this for a long time as well! Actually, more along the ideas of a community garage, so that more people would have access to more bikes, but haven't had the time to check into it.

Things to check on:
    Call an insurance company and find out what the rates would be for a LLC, and run it as a business.... Add this rate to your monthly payment for the bike. Add that amount to maintenance costs. Add 30% on top of that and you have your rental rate.

Things to do:
    Register an LLC. That way, if you get sued, the company can go bankrupt (during a lawsuit or some such) and isolate you to some extent from your personal assets.
    Contact a lawyer (Law Tigers?) and consult with a lawyer to draw up an enforceable contract and talk to them about what would be the best way to go about this.

Be under no delusions, you are starting a small company, and if you don't treat it that way, a lot of the horrible things all the other folks are saying.

Keep us posted. If'n you can make this work, I might have a motorcycle to put into the "pool", so to speak... This could be a really cool/good thing for you and possibly the CSC?
    Last edited by Spooph; Wed Jul 10th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

spooph thanks for the the great positive ideas,and the feed back. LLC= $50.00 what a no brainer that was.

Any body want to rent one of the most impressive Hondas ever mass produced let me know at info@rentrc51.com.
    The 1000RR is rented for while.
    RC51 is avialable on a limited basis.

Last edited by DRKATO1; Wed Jul 10th, 2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: ADDED PICS

Board Newbie

Hey there is this website now called www.riders-share.com where you can list and rent out your motorcycle. Check it out!

Any body want to rent one of the most impressive Hondas ever mass produced let me know at info@rentrc51.com.
    The 1000RR is rented for while.
    RC51 is avialable on a limited basis.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Bump it!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson