Thread: Organized Track Day or Rider School at HPR?

Organized Track Day or Rider School at HPR?

Looking for more than an "open lap" day at HPR.... Something more organized into rider groups based on ability/speed with a bit more oversight.

Its been YEARS since I roadraced let alone been on the track, by choice. Just seeing bikes going around the track makes me want to race again..

But I've recently gotten the itch to at least go fast legally/safely as opposed to blasting the canyons... With that said, I'd rather do it in a much more controlled environment lapping environment.

Anything like that exist? Or any "schools" coming to HPR?

TIA
    2016 Honda Africa Twin
    2015 Ducati Monster 1200s Stripe
    And Freakin' Old

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Organized Track Day or Rider School at HPR?

This is the type of program I used to run with Chicane. During the period when I started doing the days (which started as CSC track days and eventually became a business for me) the standard of care in Colorado was pretty low. There were a couple locations where you used to be able to leave your lapping fee in a coffee can at the track office, sign the waiver and go ride. In some cases there wasn't even a staff member there much less an ambulance or corner crew.

So, I started Chicane. We ran full service trackdays, partnered with some great shops, had instructors and control riders on hand and in many cases even provided lunch.

Here is what I can say for sure. Glenn and Mike at HPR have greatly raised the standard of how an open lapping day is run in Colorado. They have corner crew and an ambulance on site at each and every day they run. While the track doesn't provide lunch, they have gotten a decent lunch vendor out there so there is some food available. I'm very pleased with how the days are run and have no issues with riding at HPR during their events.

These days I am offering private coaching for riders wanting to get on (or back on) the track or riders looking to improve their skills. I'm primarily using the open lapping days at HPR as the venue because the days are extremely well run. I'm using video pretty heavily and am working on being able to put some kind of data logging onto student bikes so that we can SEE what is happening very clearly. I charge a reasonable rate and to date every student I've worked with has been able to clearly quantify an improvement in their riding. If you're interested in working this way, please let me know and we can discuss your goals and determine if I can assist you in reaching them.

Hope to see you at the track soon!

Scott

Thank you for the info! Yeah, I remember those days at Second Creek...Show up, sign-in, leave a check, and at some point you'd see Bob. I'm not knocking that at all it was good times.

Sounds good! I sincerely appreciate the info!
    2016 Honda Africa Twin
    2015 Ducati Monster 1200s Stripe
    And Freakin' Old

Lapping days at HPR are very well run. I can't remember a time when an incident wasn't a single bike. If people get too aggressive they will get a talking to. Sometimes if there is enough bikes, they split into 2 groups.
    I have taken my wife out several times and she is slow and nervous but she has a great time.

Lapping days are the way to go, fun and most importantly at your own pace track fun.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )