Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Guilty

Not Guilty

Im sure anyone thats was following the Zimmerman case already heard.

Townie. If you ever figure out where we are you owe me $100

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Re: Not Guilty

It's a dream come true for Jackson and Sharpton.

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    It's a dream come true for Jackson and Sharpton.
    start circus now...

Lame...but even if he won, the guy has spent over a year of his life fighting this and probably all his savings. Plus he will always be one of the most hated men in the US by many.....

If only the guy knew how to fight rather than have to resort to a gun to protect himself from a skinny teenager!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

The prosecution didn't prove their case and the jury did the right thing. What's lame about the decision?

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    The prosecution didn't prove their case and the jury did the right thing. What's lame about the decision?
    I think you can put it together...if not turn on the news and see why some people disagree

Whats lame is how it ever went to trial in the first place.
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Quote Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
    Correct.

Its funny how a country full of people (that were not there) can come up with what happened in their minds and then get mad when the verdict doesnt match the scenario they made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Correct.

Its funny how a country full of people (that were not there) can come up with what happened in their minds and then get mad when the verdict doesnt match the scenario they made up.
    Don't shoot me bro Since that is how you guys work

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I think you can put it together...if not turn on the news and see why some people disagree
    Unless you sit through all of the proceedings that occurred, either in the court or watched the channels that televised the entire hearing, you are basing your opinion on only snippets of data that are slanted one way or the other.

Have you ever sat on a jury during a criminal case? Until I had earlier this year, I found myself siding with one side or the other in cases like this based on my natural tendencies. After sitting on the jury and listening to hours of testimony from several witnesses, I have a much greater respect for our legal system and and find myself less prone to make a decision on guilt or innocence without knowing the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Unless you sit through all of the proceedings that occurred, either in the court or watched the channels that televised the entire hearing, you are basing your opinion on only snippets of data that are slanted one way or the other.

Have you ever sat on a jury during a criminal case? Until I had earlier this year, I found myself siding with one side or the other in cases like this based on my natural tendencies. After sitting on the jury and listening to hours of testimony from several witnesses, I have a much greater respect for our legal system and and find myself less prone to make a decision on guilt or innocence without knowing the entire story.
    True...but do you understand people have different opinions! I am entitled to mine

You weren't on the jury either so your viewpoint is about as good as mine....outside looking in

I for one do not have as much faith in our judicial system...it's why we have prisons overrun by drug offenders while murders and rapists get let go early!
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jul 15th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.

If you rrreeeaalllyy want me to I can get ol Townie on here........

He can have your spot

Senior Member Yearly Supporter FZ1Guy's Avatar

Ridin' and Lovin' Life
    2007 Yamaha FZ1

He can have your spot
    Why so you two can pretend like you don't love each other?

Well, there certainly is a trend in those news stories as to who shares that "opinion"

And you know what they say about opnions, right?
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Well, there certainly is a trend in those news stories as to who shares that "opinion"

And you know what they say about opnions, right?
    Are you trying to say that black people's opinions do not count as much? I see it just as people's opinions....

But yes, I agree about opinions, but that is what I mean...people can have different ones...doesn't always mean they are correct though (both ways)

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

True...but do you understand people have different opinions! I am entitled to mine

You weren't on the jury either so your viewpoint is about as good as mine....outside looking in
    Well, there is a little difference: his opinion is supported by the jury's decision.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Well, there is a little difference: his opinion is supported by the jury's decision.
    Tell that to the hundreds of people that are wrongly sent to prison and are exonerated

Extrapolating from the 281 known DNA exonerations in the US since the late 1980s, aconservative estimate is that 1 percent of the US prison population, approximately 20,000 people, are falsely convicted.
    In fact, since the late 1980s there have been as many as 850 exonerations nationwide, according to University of Michigan law professor Samuel Gross, a leading researcher in the field. Many of them float under the radar, Gross says, unlike the highly publicized DNA exonerations.
    The following map shows the 825 known exonerations in the United States since 1989, using data gathered by Mother Jones with assistance from the ‪Center on Wrongful Convictions, The Innocence Project,‬ and Samuel Gross
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ple-us-prisons

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Tell that to the hundreds of people that are wrongly sent to prison and are exonerated
    So, what's your solution? If the jury system can't be trusted, what should we do that is better?
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    So, what's your solution? If the jury system can't be trusted, what should we do that is better?
    No solution as we have to go by what the law states.....doesn't mean I can't feel it was the wrong decision. Just saying that juries are not always correct!

The ironic part of this is most of the people that are commenting on this thread on how "justice works" were the same people complaining when the new gun laws went into effect! Wasn't that a similar situation where we have to go with what the government decides. Yet we had a lot of people stating how it was unfair and how wrong it was (and actually supporting police officers that were not going to obey the new gun laws)

IRONY!!!!!
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jul 15th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Alan Dershowitz explains how the prosecutor withheld information to get the affidavit signed:

Angela Cory fired the IT guy that noticed she was withholding information about the case from the defense:
    http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...y-director-who

Beyond the tragedy of two stupid people meeting, both making a series of bad decisions that ended with one of them dead, what I find really sad is the ignorant people rioting all in the name of Trayvon and social injustice. They really are just rioting because they are idiots and are looking for a chance to riot. Hell, people in Oakland will riot because it is a Tuesday and they don't have anything better to do.

And this is just plain funny. A stupid ass teen showing how hard he is took his anger to Twitter and ended up in jail. What a dumbass. Everyone knows, only the hardest OGs post threats on Twitter.
    http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22...eat-on-twitter

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]