Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Not Guilty

Senior Member Moderator

Re: Not Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Oh yes and Zimmerman being the perfect calm cool collective person he is never swung on a cop either? Noooooo. Look man I would have been 100% in Zimmerman corner if he had witnessed a crime. Fact is he didn't. Not one. Like what was said earlier when does your rights end and another persons begin? And chasing doesn't mean running. But I'm also highly suspect as to how a person catches up to another person who is running without doing so themselves. Bro neither of these fuck bags are good people. Zimmerman is a wannabe cop with a hot head. Martin was a hormonal teen who like to smoke weed and get in a bit of trouble. It was the perfect storm shit to happen. I hold Zimmerman to a higher standard because first of all he was the concealed permit holder. Second he was the adult in the situation. So no I have no respect for him. And I'm sorry but big old 6 foot 175 pound martin wasn't much of a threat. That little fuck bag would have been down by anyone with a little experience in self defense. This neighborhood watchman captain was simply out done by a kid. But its cool. His life will never be normal again.
    From everything I've learned about Zimmerman over the past few weeks, he actually is a good person. He was charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, while he was drunk, when he was 20 in 2005. Oh, and that charge was reduced to "Resisting without violence". From all accounts it seems like Zimmerman made an effort to turn his life around and be a contributing member of society. He wasn't a vigilante. When his community decided to start a watch, they trusted Zimmerman enough to put him in charge of it. Yet again, none of this screams "wannabe cop" to me. You can choose to believe what you want to believe, but based on the character evidence, Zimmerman was only trying to keep his neighborhood safe. Martin was a lowlife, violent punk. He didn't deserve to die, and had he chosen to get out of the situation instead of escalating it he would likely still be alive.
    Last edited by Drano; Thu Jul 25th, 2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: punctuation

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    From everything I've learned about Zimmerman over the past few weeks, he actually is a good person. He was charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, while he was drunk, when he was 20 in 2005. Oh, and that charge was reduced to "Resisting without violence". From all accounts it seems like Zimmerman made an effort to turn his life around and be a contributing member of society. He wasn't a vigilante. When his community decided to start a watch, they trusted Zimmerman enough to put him in charge of it. Yet again, none of this screams "wannabe cop" to me. You can choose to believe what you want to believe, but based on the character evidence, Zimmerman was only trying to keep his neighborhood safe. Martin was a lowlife, violent punk. He didn't deserve to die, and had he chosen to get out of the situation instead of escalating it he would likely still be alive.
    The moment he left his truck he stopped watching and became a vigilante. I like how you have no problem with one man trumping on another's rights. We have the right to walk down the street without worrying about people stalking us because we don't look like we fit in. Martin had committed no crime. He just looked out of place.

As far as the cop thing. You really missed the part about behind denied by Virginia? Some reason I can't paste a link. Probably my phone.

Look man did Zimmerman get his ass kicked? Yeah. I would say he did. Was martin a prick? Yeah I would say he was. But I'm sorry man I leave the better decisions up the grown ass man. The man who carried a gun. When you carry you have to hold yourself to a different standard. Zimmerman was found not guilty and that's how it worked. But his poor choice to fuck with some random kid one rainy night has ruined his life. And was it worth it? A person is dead. Him and his family are now targets. And for what? Because some dumbshit thought another looked out of place. Yeah he's an outstanding human being. He made choices without thinking. Now he gets to live with it for the rest of his life.

Senior Member Moderator

Vigilante
    A member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate); broadly : a self-appointed doer of justice
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vigilante

Zimmerman was not out looking to be an executor of justice. At no point prior to the shooting did he take the law into his own hands. Zimmerman kept his distance and stayed in contact with the police. It is not against the law to keep an eye out for criminal activity. If you want to talk about rights, perhaps it would help if you have actually studied them. He did not command Martin to stop, nor did he apprehend or detain him. Zimmerman did nothing in clear violation of Martin's rights, therefore it cannot be presumed that he violated anything. He followed somebody who he suspected was up to no good, end of story.

Stalking:
    A course of conduct directed at a specific person that involves repeated (two or more occasions) visual or physical proximity, nonconsensual communication, or verbal, written, or implied threats, or a combination thereof, that would cause a reasonable person fear.
    http://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/stalking/

Zimmerman had just as many rights to be on that street as Martin did. The only person in this entire scenario who decided to take justice into their own hands was Martin. Facts outweigh opinions. http://www.dlas.org/questions-zimmerman-verdict/

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vigilante

Zimmerman was not out looking to be an executor of justice. At no point prior to the shooting did he take the law into his own hands. Zimmerman kept his distance and stayed in contact with the police. It is not against the law to keep an eye out for criminal activity. If you want to talk about rights, perhaps it would help if you have actually studied them. He did not command Martin to stop, nor did he apprehend or detain him. Zimmerman did nothing in clear violation of Martin's rights, therefore it cannot be presumed that he violated anything. He followed somebody who he suspected was up to no good, end of story.

http://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/stalking/

Zimmerman had just as many rights to be on that street as Martin did. The only person in this entire scenario who decided to take justice into their own hands was Martin. Facts outweigh opinions. http://www.dlas.org/questions-zimmerman-verdict/
    And that is where we disagree. And that's fine. But really?? He kept his distance so well he got punched in the face. I will always say he never should have got of the truck and should have listened to the dispatcher. Martin isn't the only who will swing on someone who is following them for no reason.

Senior Member Moderator

Gold Member

Are you trying to give me more ammo? He walked around his truck with his hand in his waste band like he had a gun and he still felt getting out of the truck was a good idea? Look I don't believe Zimmerman account of what happened before the fight. I just don't. People are liars. But I noticed you skipped over me saying a wannabe cop on a power trip.

call me A.D.D..... we're still talking about this?

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    call me A.D.D..... we're still talking about this?
    Welcome to a forum. Some topics can stay on topic. Its two very divided sides to a bad day. People talk.

I have to say it......I agree with Townie#1

(and what Ralph said too, verdict was because there was not enough evidence and being found "not guilty" doesn't always mean you are innocent.....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I have to say it......I agree with Townie#1

(and what Ralph said too, verdict was because there was not enough evidence and being found "not guilty" doesn't always mean you are innocent.....

Not enough evidence? What if that was ALL the evidence (facts). I mean sure, if they had found a not from Zimmerman saying he was going to do it...

I just dont understand this. Like people are saying there was more evidence that wasnt found? Or that Zimmerman covered some up?

I say no way. All the facts were on the table. Everything was spelled out and in the end it all added up to NOT GUILTY.

Essentially people are saying they are not happy with the outcome but if there was more evidence he would be guilty? Doesnt make any sense.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Not enough evidence? What if that was ALL the evidence (facts). I mean sure, if they had found a not from Zimmerman saying he was going to do it...

I just dont understand this. Like people are saying there was more evidence that wasnt found? Or that Zimmerman covered some up?

I say no way. All the facts were on the table. Everything was spelled out and in the end it all added up to NOT GUILTY.

Essentially people are saying they are not happy with the outcome but if there was more evidence he would be guilty? Doesnt make any sense.
    I've already went over this before.....what were facts? There we like two facts proven; Zimmerman shot from under Treyvon and there were wounds to Zimmerman’s back of head. What other FACTS were there???? Facts would be a video showing the entire altercation exactly as it happened instead of a story of two people (one who is dead and couldn’t state their side)

So yes I do believe if there were a video proving exactly what happened then it may have been enough for a conviction depending how it really went down (or maybe it would have cleared Zimmerman faster, yet there were little facts). As Townie said, and I have said before, I am not sure it went down as Zimmerman said and people lie….especially to save themselves.

So basically everything you say you don’t get on what I say on this, I feel exactly the same way with you and wonder why you find it so hard to believe this may not have went down exactly like Zimmerman said. Do you feel people don’t lie and that is it??? Again there were not enough factual evidence to prove what he said was untrue…therefore a not guilty verdict (has to be proven without any reasonable doubt). We also need to remember that the prosecution was probably some low paid public defender and money does make a huge difference on how a case it presented. If there were two of the best lawyers like OJ Simpson had maybe things would have went different. Again, to me it was all hearsay of what happened…..

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Do you feel people don’t lie and that is it??? Again there were not enough factual evidence to prove what he said was untrue…therefore a not guilty verdict (has to be proven without any reasonable doubt). We also need to remember that the prosecution was probably some low paid public defender and money does make a huge difference on how a case it presented. If there were two of the best lawyers like OJ Simpson had maybe things would have went different. Again, to me it was all hearsay of what happened…..
    Give people the benefit of the doubt.
    The prosector was Assistant State Attorney John Guy.
    The defense could have a public defender, if the accused could not provide their own.

I do not see what the continuous issue is really about.
    Nate, what's really bothering you?
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Give people the benefit of the doubt.
    The prosector was Assistant State Attorney John Guy.
    The defense could have a public defender, if the accused could not provide their own.

I do not see what the continuous issue is really about.
    Nate, what's really bothering you?
    Give people the benefit of the doubt....yeah right! Our world is not based on that anymore and 99% of people lie at some point in their life (the pope may be the 1% that does not). Even if I gave the benefit of the doubt, wouldn't that work both way and I should give Treyvon the same benefit

So state attorney John Guy over Johnnie Cochran, Robert Kardashian, and F. Lee Bailey. I'll take the later anyday! And was never saying John Guy is not good, but there is a reason rich people hire their own attorneys over state appointed ones. I understand Zimmerman didn't have a high profile lawyer either, just saying in general.

Nothing bothering me other than replying to Ezzzzy's post. This is a forum to discuss topics.....already dead enough around here. I am just one person that doesn't seem afraid to voice his opinion.....that is all it is a opinion

Gold Member

Hmmm nine pages of passion and no flame.