This is going to be a semi long post, so cliffs notes are at the bottom.

So I bought a set of FP Racing tactical levers from Motomummy back at the end of 2009. I've never heard of them before, but they were made in the good ol USA and if Motomummy is selling them, you know they aren't crap. I loved the feel of them as soon as I put them on the bike. The little chamfer on the edges fit perfectly when my fingers were on them, just felt like a solid lever, MUCH better than the stock ones. I went with the stealth black levers and adjusters w/ an engraving.

Fast forward to June 8th of this year. I end up lowsiding on the right side in one of my races, then the bike hit the dirt and rolled over on the left side, making the lever fold like it's supposed to. Usually it's supposed to be able to snap back into place because of the detent that they put in the lever. It was going back, but it would fold down easily. I raced with it like that the next day, and for the next round with no problems, but wanted to get it fixed, just in case I accidentally hit it during a race and have to flip it back up.

So I called them up on July 3rd to see what could be done, since they have a lifetime warranty on the levers. I talked to Mike over at FP Racing and he said to go ahead and send them in and they will fix whatever is wrong with them. He also said to go ahead and send in my brake lever as well, just so they can revamp it and see if there's anything wrong with them. I sent them out that next Tuesday and they received them on Thursday evening of that week (July 11th).

I got a call from Mike on Saturday afternoon telling me they are wrapping up the levers and will be ready to ship out on Monday morning. He also informed me that they are putting on some of the new parts from the next generation tactical levers that they will be releasing soon. They were going to just put on the new adjusters in black, like they were before, but I opted for the pink ones. I have pink on my bike for my girlfriend, so might as well put some more on the bike, right?..... RIGHT?!

So I got a call this morning from Mike telling me that my levers are ready to go and that he wanted to confirm my shipping address. I was ready to give them my card number to pay for the return shipping, but he told me that they are sending them back for free. These were the first set they've gotten back from the first gen and learned a lot about fitting the new updated parts in them, and about a little fading on the black anodizing on the perches. He said that my levers will be here either Wednesday or Thursday, just in time for the next round!

I can't say enough about the product and the customer service over at FP Racing. You don't get very good customer service at a lot of shops or companies these days, but these guys went above and beyond my expectations. I can't wait to get them in and reinstall them this week.

Here's a picture Mike sent me this morning of the levers ready to go.

CliffsNotes:
Bought FP Racing tactical levers in 2009.
Crashed last month and folded one of the levers.
Called up FP Racing and they said to send them in since they have a lifetime warranty.
Sent both levers in and they put in the new updated pieces from the newest generation of their tactical levers.
I opted for new pink adjusters.
Their product and customer service (Mike & Larry) kick ass.
Levers were sent out, and finished in less than a week, they should be at my door on Wednesday.
If you're thinking of getting new levers, buy their levers. Don't think about it, just buy it.