Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ink Master

Ink Master

Anyone watch the series premier of Ink Master last night or plans to follow this season? Dang the judges are harsh and some of this work is amazing!
    Here are the first set to judge (they are all cover-ups) http://www.spike.com/shows/ink-maste.../baby-got-back

This was tattoo of the night

I just got a 8 hour tattoo finished last Friday....got it at Phantom 8 by Brain Adams...I highly recommend him!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Ink Master

Where the hell is the top finger coming from?!?! The whole hand looks weird.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Where the hell is the top finger coming from?!?! The whole hand looks weird.
    That is exactly what they said too, so was kind of odd they choose that as tattoo of the night. Guess they ignored that part, but some others almost seemed better.

Katie and I watched the over tattoo competition show. We'll check this one next week.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Katie and I watched the over tattoo competition show. We'll check this one next week.
    The show after it is cool too "Tattoo Nightmares". Great cover up artists!

They were harsh cuz most of them looked like crap! I still don't understand the volunteer canvases...a tattoo from some I've never meet in as little as time as possible?? Where do I sign?!!

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    They were harsh cuz most of them looked like crap! I still don't understand the volunteer canvases...a tattoo from some I've never meet in as little as time as possible?? Where do I sign?!!
    I don't think they had one positive thing to say on anyone...unless I missed it. I understand their jobs are to critic though, but I didn't think they were all bad. I liked the buff eagle, the Japanese dragon, and that red dragon. Even Tatu Babies was awesome minus that weird finger. I am looking forward to this season. I think I'll keep a eye on Jime and Joey as I think they will make it far.

Yeah I always wonder how they get these canvases. I bet they are just cheap people that want a free tattoo and don't care about the risks. I get into this with people a lot when they ask me how much I pay a hour for my artist and they think it is too much, but to me tattoos are one thing I won't go cheap on and look for great artists.

You got any tattoos Mxer?

You have to either A) be broke as hell or B) be gagging to be on TV to accept a free tattoo from a stranger.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    You have to either A) be broke as hell or B) be gagging to be on TV to accept a free tattoo from a stranger.
    I have a funny story on that. Young 18 year old girl who I talk to at work comes up to me to get advice about tattoos since she knows I have a lot of them. Anyways she tells me her friend is learning and will do a complete back tattoo for $100 (her first ever tattoo), so she asks my opinion. I tell her that there are a lot of things to take a chance to be frugal on, but tattoos are not one of them since they are for life and you mess it up, it is very hard to fix or get removed. I tell her not to do it and to save up her money instead. She goes on to say she doesn’t make as much as me so she can’t afford to pay what I do ($100-$150 a hour) so she thinks it is a great deal. Again I tell her to save up her money then as she is only 18 and has plenty of time. She of course does not listen to me and goes to her friend. Then she sends me this pic asking if she should let the guy finish as she doesn’t like the spine he did. I take a look at that spine and it looks like it was drawn by a 12 year old. I told he to run and go somewhere else…. unfortunately she got laid off so I never got to see the end result but I hope she went to a different artist

Here is what she sent me (she would kill me if she knew I posted this, but highly doubt she is on a sportbike site…let’s hope she doesn't use google pic match feature)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps9d08e2e8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I have a funny story on that. Young 18 year old girl who I talk to at work comes up to me to get advice about tattoos since she knows I have a lot of them. Anyways she tells me her friend is learning and will do a complete back tattoo for $100 (her first ever tattoo), so she asks my opinion. I tell her that there are a lot of things to take a chance to be frugal on, but tattoos are not one of them since they are for life and you mess it up, it is very hard to fix or get removed. I tell her not to do it and to save up her money instead. She goes on to say she doesn’t make as much as me so she can’t afford to pay what I do ($100-$150 a hour) so she thinks it is a great deal. Again I tell her to save up her money then as she is only 18 and has plenty of time. She of course does not listen to me and goes to her friend. Then she sends me this pic asking if she should let the guy finish as she doesn’t like the spine he did. I take a look at that spine and it looks like it was drawn by a 12 year old. I told he to run and go somewhere else…. unfortunately she got laid off so I never got to see the end result but I hope she went to a different artist

Here is what she sent me (she would kill me if she knew I posted this, but highly doubt she is on a sportbike site…let’s hope she doesn't use google pic match feature)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps9d08e2e8.jpg
    I can't draw stick figures and I think that sucks. I am 100% convinced stupid people were put on earth so the rest of us don't have to learn from our own mistakes. Just see what stupid people do, and then learn from their mistakes.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

I can't draw stick figures and I think that sucks. I am 100% convinced stupid people were put on earth so the rest of us don't have to learn from our own mistakes. Just see what stupid people do, and then learn from their mistakes.
    Such a pretty girl too and a back with that crap on it for life....wish she would have listened to me. Even if it was done good, I don't get the pattern he designed as the two sides just seems way too different...tribal flames...with bird and butterfly wings on others side with a horn on the top? I don't get it

The couple episodes of Tattoo Nightmares I have seen, they have done some incredible fixes. I would love to see them work on this poor girl.

Jason
    07 600RR

The couple episodes of Tattoo Nightmares I have seen, they have done some incredible fixes. I would love to see them work on this poor girl.
    I just watched the new season of that on Tuesday. Busted up laughing at the guy that was told by his tattoo artist "I like putting penises in my tattoos" and the guy says "whatever you do, do not put a penis in my tattoo". So guy gets flames up his arms, but the "negative" part of tattoo (don't know how to explain it other than outside outlining) was straight up penises all around his arm and he didn't notice for days because you had to see it at the correct angle. Wish I could find a pic of that. entire show is filled with idiots, but artists are amazing! I call the girl tattoo artist on that shows "female 2Pac".

Y, I watched the show this morning. It's pretty interesting. I think they were really nagative because they wanted the "victims" to see all the mistakes the artists made so they could easily pick a loser. It's hilarious to see the stupid made up names half the artists have. I'll probably watch the rest of the season. Tattoo nightmares is pretty rad too, just to see all the awful tattoos some people get (but the work is usually amazing also).
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't think they had one positive thing to say on anyone...unless I missed it. I understand their jobs are to critic though, but I didn't think they were all bad. I liked the buff eagle, the Japanese dragon, and that red dragon. Even Tatu Babies was awesome minus that weird finger. I am looking forward to this season. I think I'll keep a eye on Jime and Joey as I think they will make it far.

Yeah I always wonder how they get these canvases. I bet they are just cheap people that want a free tattoo and don't care about the risks. I get into this with people a lot when they ask me how much I pay a hour for my artist and they think it is too much, but to me tattoos are one thing I won't go cheap on and look for great artists.

You got any tattoos Mxer?
    No, I just enjoy the show, it's pretty entertaining. I feel as though I would be too regretful to get a tattoo!

That's pretty bad when the best tattoo has a broken finger! That's wouldn't fly last season.
    Last edited by mxer; Thu Jul 18th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

No, I just enjoy the show, it's pretty entertaining. I feel as though I would be too regretful to get a tattoo!

That's pretty bad when the best tattoo has a broken finger! That's wouldn't fly last season.
    Yeah some people think that and they are probably right as when I get old maybe I will hate them. I stick to designs though so hopefully those won't get as old as say a 49ers logo.

Well that girl that did that finger almost won last year. Think she was top 3 of them all. She is back because people were able to vote one person back and she won....plus she is sexy to me.

This is her:

This weeks pics up now. http://www.spike.com/shows/ink-maste...lls-for-grills

This one won for best of week (anatomical was the topic).

^ that one was pretty amazing and the black spinal was cool too. That bald chick needs to go, though. She is the worst!
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post
    ^ that one was pretty amazing and the black spinal was cool too. That bald chick needs to go, though. She is the worst!
    Yeah I am sure she will go next as she has been in bottom two both weeks. Although that treble clef from last night voted the worst was pretty bad. Glad that guy is gone as he was annoying and his ego was way bigger than his talent. I was disappointed in that Chris guy tattoo.....good work, but ribs poking out were odd and hard to tell what they were.

Still laughing at the stupid lady who wanted a tattoo on her arm pit

Eliminated (doesn't look anatomical to me at all; more like a stripped treble cleff)

Tatu Baby royally sucked last season. She almost got kicked off about 3 times then all the sudden pulled amazing tattoos out of her ass at the end.

Tatu Baby royally sucked last season. She almost got kicked off about 3 times then all the sudden pulled amazing tattoos out of her ass at the end.
    I agree...think that Yoda one she did was where she really stepped it up. Although I do wonder if she was voted back because of her work or because of how she looks...probably a bit of both

Anyone even following this show? Was on last night and they did a "Phoenix Bird" tattoo.

Guess a winner was not given and no worst tattoo since one person could not get their client to agree and never got tattooed.

Here is this week's (you can vote on them) http://www.spike.com/shows/ink-maste...ttoos-and-lace

EDIT: Oh yeah and they had 4 hours to design and do the entire tattoo, so that need to be considered too

I liked this one the best

I found this one the worst (even though guy is suppose to be one of the best). Looks like a angy cockatoo parrot and not a phoenix
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jul 31st, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Anyone even following this show? Was on last night and they did a "Phoenix Bird" tattoo.
    Not following the show but I am following your topic.

If I was a St. Louis Cardinals fan, that 2 tattoo might be pretty sick, but as a Phoenix it is pretty weak.

Jason
    07 600RR

Not following the show but I am following your topic.

If I was a St. Louis Cardinals fan, that 2 tattoo might be pretty sick, but as a Phoenix it is pretty weak.
    Nice! You check out the links of the other tattoos? You can even go on that link and see last years tattoos. I am amazed how far tattoos have come in the last 20 years and what they can do now. I have about 20 hours of ink time under my belt and so hard to not get more; just spent about $450 on my last one :P

Funny thing is that guy got all hurt about them saying it didn’t look like a Phoenix, but I have to agree….Cardinal is a good description; well giant one as guess that is a human in its claws He is the guy that came in with a big ego thinking he is the best so was kind of nice to see him knocked down a few notches. Oh yeah and they had 4 hours to design and do the entire tattoo, so that need to be considered too….which is amazing they can get that much done under that pressure.

I was actually hoping one of them did a pure fire one like this
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jul 31st, 2013 at 09:42 AM.