Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

Did this guy have zero clue what a Phoenix is, or was he on an acid trip watching cartoons when he came up with this?

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Did this guy have zero clue what a Phoenix is, or was he on an acid trip watching cartoons when he came up with this?
    Well to be fair the client wanted a "new school" Phoenix, so that is why it is all cartoony....sometimes it sucks because they are stuck with what a client wants and could do a better job if the artist could do what they wanted. Kind of stupid to me as these people know they are going on a judging tattoo show and I doubt they pay for these tattoos so I don't get why they are so picky. If you are that picky don't go on a show and just pay for your tattoo.

That tattoo was actually criticized for those weird green embers being so out of place and not recognizable

You can see them better on this angle
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Well to be fair the client wanted a "new school" Phoenix, so that is why it is all cartoony....sometimes it sucks because they are stuck with what a client wants and could do a better job if the artist could do what they wanted. Kind of stupid to me as these people know they are going on a judging tattoo show and I doubt they pay for these tattoos so I don't get why they are so picky. If you are that picky don't go on a show and just pay for your tattoo.

That tattoo was actually criticized for those weird green embers being so out of place and not recognizable
    That's the weird part about the concept of this show. They are judging an artist's work based on a theme, but the artist can only do so much to convince the person getting the tattoo what they should get so the artist can do their best work while fitting the theme.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    That's the weird part about the concept of this show. They are judging an artist's work based on a theme, but the artist can only do so much to convince the person getting the tattoo what they should get so the artist can do their best work while fitting the theme.
    It is exactly why the guy got let go last night; his client wanted a simple Phoenix, but they were being judged on "textture" and not a lot you can do if it is simple as they need to get pretty intricate to get that effect. Basically they argued and she didn't get tattoed and there was nothing to judge so he lost. Granted he could have dealt with it better, but I don't get these people acting like they didn't know they were coming on a show and understand it is about the artist too.

Notice if you click on James "Danger" Harvey it is a drawing only. Guess that must have been what he wanted to do because that is not what the client wanted.

Notice if you click on James "Danger" Harvey it is a drawing only. Guess that must have been what he wanted to do because that is not what the client wanted.
    I saw that but didn't put it together that he was the one who didn't do a tattoo.

Jason
    07 600RR

So you got any tats JKol?

So you got any tats JKol?
    No, I have a tough time deciding what to eat for dinner most nights. Deciding what I want on me for the rest of my life is nearly impossible.

A friend of mine is very into tattoos and is always putting pics on Facebook. I can certainly appreciate the artistry especially in something more than barbed wire arm band, but just never thought of anything I would love to get. For example this sleeve is very impressive, just not for me.

My friends latest tattoos

Jason
    07 600RR

Gold Member

Someone should start a let's see your ink thread.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Someone should start a let's see your ink thread.
    I vote you start it.

Jason
    07 600RR

I've always wanted a sleeve, but I work in a corporate atmosphere and would hate to have to wear long sleeves everyday. Plus they are so expensive and with he size of my arms I am sure it would be like a few thousand. I have a buddy in Thailand right now and he is getting the traditional Thai tattoo with a long stick and a nail (he went for a Muay Thai week class)

I friend of mine has an entire Phoenix back piece. It is sick!
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Pretty boring episode this week but next week looks sweet with tattooing those hideous scars. Hopefully they do stuff akin to this

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    Pretty boring episode this week but next week looks sweet with tattooing those hideous scars. Hopefully they do stuff akin to this
    Well guess it depends on how into tattooing you are...I was pretty amazed at the line work they had to accomplish on the Celtic since that is so hard to get right. Yeah next week does seem wild with them having to do scars; never seen that on a tattoo show. Really sounds kind of nasty from what they showed Should be interesting to see what they can do.

So did you agree with the best tattoo of the night? I didn't and thought there were two better than it.

Challenge: Celtic Tattoos (line work)

Tattoo of night (I don't agree, but guess they based it all off of line work; granted the guy did a simple design and used nearly 5 hours just on the lines. Plus I don't really care for the guy and most the people on the show seem to dislike him too)

My vote for best (one of two, but going on line work and Celtic I'd choose the first one)

Worst and voted off

Finally watched last nights episode... These artist aren't that fantastic. Only like one or two of them could do straight lines on the barcode tattoos. The lines on my golden gate bridge peice of my arm sleeve has straighter lines.

Dont get ,e wrong they're good. I've just seen way better work from even local Denver artist.

I like the other tattoo show contest.
    Last edited by Matty; Wed Aug 7th, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

Well guess it depends on how into tattooing you are...I was pretty amazed at the line work they had to accomplish on the Celtic since that is so hard to get right. Yeah next week does seem wild with them having to do scars; never seen that on a tattoo show. Really sounds kind of nasty from what they showed Should be interesting to see what they can do.

So did you agree with the best tattoo of the night? I didn't and thought there were two better than it.
    The winning tattoo's design may have not been the greatest design, but based purely on line work which was the challenge, it's the best. That star has 5 symmetrical points and they look completely identical compared to the just the 2 of the second place. Plus it was on a rib cage.

These artists are shaky at best. The first season had at least 2 really good ones, this one has just 1.

The other show Best Ink on the Oxygen channel had this chick http://teresasharpeart.com/she kicked as and was super cute too.
    Last edited by mxer; Wed Aug 7th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Finally watched last nights episode... These artist aren't that fantastic. Only like one or two of them could do straight lines on the barcode tattoos. The lines on my golden gate bridge peice of my arm sleeve has straighter lines.

I like the other tattoo show contest.
    Well we have to remember they had 90 minutes and that was AFTER putting together a tattoo gun (from scratch). Just something to consider because a new tattoo gun, limited time, and being on a show may influence their actual work they do in their shops when they have unlimited time. My bet is most of them could do straight lines in a shop setting and the bad one we saw were because they rushed (not finishing is worse than a bad tattoo on that show...well unless you are Tatu Baby)

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    The winning tattoo's design may have not be the greatest, but based purely on line work which was the challenge, it's the best. That star has 5 symmetrical points and they look completely identical compared to the just the 2 of the second place. Plus it was on a rib cage.
    True, and that is why he won last night. To me the tattoo just looks a bit odd as I don't care for the design.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 7th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.