If this helps on the SxS/ATV topic, my wife works at the DMV. I posted this on my quad forum recently to make people aware of what has already changed and what's to come.........

Hi all, you may have heard that anyone buying an ATV from a dealer July 1, 2014 or later must now also title their machine. That's $7.20 and proof of ownership of your pride and joy (i.e. gets stolen), so that's not all bad. Well, Department of Motor Vehicle registration on your machine is not far down the road either. My wife works for the DMV and when they recently had their State meeting on Senate Bill 13-280 (must title your machine, mentioned above) it was told that registration is forthcoming. Meaning, annually, you will be buying your $25.25 OHV sticker AND your annual "vehicle-like" registration on your machine, regardless of how old your machine is. Just like our vehicles, the newer and bigger, the more expensive your registration fee. What is not yet resolved is whether or not we'll be able to get an actual plate and ride on the roads if we add a street legal kit. The word is, legislation didn't think of that part...only the money part...go figure. There are some obvious pros and cons to this deal, depending how you look at it, so whatdya think? On one hand, the cost sucks. On the other hand, to be able to ride on county roads to connect to trails and not worry about, that's a perk.

Here's SB 13-280 on the titling:
SB 13-280

Some more good news, also as of July 1, 2014. Let's say you go buy a quad from a guy today then decide you want to title it. When you go down to the DMV to get your title, they are going to make you pay State sales tax on your purchase price. But if you bought your machine before July 1st, no sales tax.