Thread: Anyone bought leathers from performance cycle? something about a track class..??

Anyone bought leathers from performance cycle? something about a track class..??

I went to Performance Cycle for the first time a few weeks ago, and while I was there I figured I'd try on some leathers. I was just trying them on, but the girl mentioned something about if you buy racing leathers there, you get a voucher for free track lessons something or another?
    Can anybody confirm or elaborate what I'm talking about?
    I'm really interested, I wouldn't mind getting advanced cornering techniques and learning to launch (stuff like that she mentioned), and track time.
    And if you do know, what class exactly is it, how much does it generally cost, and how far ahead do you think I would have to schedule (my work schedule sucks and is really up in the air so I never really know for sure when I'll have time off)

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Re: Anyone bought leathers from performance cycle? something about a track class..??

If you buy a leather suit from Performance Cycle, you will receive a voucher for the MRA Super Street class which is a $100 value.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Re: Anyone bought leathers from performance cycle? something about a track class..??

Thanks. /end thread

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

We only have 2 rounds left for the season, so get on it!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Thanks, I'm going to be really busy with work for the foreseeable future though. Also, reading into all the MRA bike regulations I don't know if I'm down to buy another bike for track, not to mention a truck to carry the bike to and from the track... I'd love to get advanced cornering lessons like on a track or wherever, but am not too interested in going 100% into track racing. Maybe someday when I have a house with space to park multiple vehicles and such

For superstreet all you have to do is put tape over your lights and mirrors

and make sure nothing is leaking

Yea superstreet is more of an introduction than 100% track racing. There is some classroom time, you get time with an instructor who can give you tips while on the track, and then at the end is a "race".

As technojoe said its very minimal prep - coolant replaced with water, tape up lights, remove mirrors, disable lights. Need suit, back protector, boots, gloves, helmet.

I actually got a member here to give me a ride to the track, you can always post up and hope someone else has room for you.

Sweet, that sounds great. I still need leathers first. I'm doubtful I'll get to make it to any this season as the oil field is staying really busy right now, but if I do happen to have some time off I will. But definitely some time next year.
    When are the two sessions left this year?

5. August 24th, 2013 @ High Plains Raceway
    6. September 14th, 2013 @ Pikes Peak International Raceway

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...0-SUPERSTREET!

Hell if leathers is the only thing holding you back, I think members here will lend them out with the expectation that you get it cleaned when returning it. Obviously if you crash then pay for the repairs too. What size are you?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

August 24 @ HPR and September 14th @ PPIR

Ninja'd by the n00b! Ouch!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Huh thats pretty freakin cool

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Chris - Are you going to be out there next round for SS ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChangBang View Post
    5. August 24th, 2013 @ High Plains Raceway
    6. September 14th, 2013 @ Pikes Peak International Raceway

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...0-SUPERSTREET!

Hell if leathers is the only thing holding you back, I think members here will lend them out with the expectation that you get it cleaned when returning it. Obviously if you crash then pay for the repairs too. What size are you?

Don't think so. Some things came up and I wasn't able to go to a track day. I think a track day or two will help me get more familiar with the track, so during a superstreet I can get more out of the instructor.

Are you?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

.. You should do eet!