Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well there's your problem

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Well there's your problem

Microburst in Broomfield yesterday tossedthe bike right over, of course it landed on the side that I just finished replacing everything on from when I bought it (low sided before I owned it).

So, recommendations on levers? I found some nice blue ones on eBay but I'd appreciate suggestions.

Re: Well there's your problem

Bummer....
    I picked up some eBay levers for the Hyper. Something like $25. And they're pretty damn good quality.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

In my experience Ebay levers are hit and miss so just make sure they work properly when you install them. A lot of them don't hit the brake light switch, or worse, they'll apply consistent pressure to the master cylinder which will overheat, lock up the front, and you'll be back where you started.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Just looked up what a microburst is. WTF, never riding to work again

Gold Member

Okay Ummmm. Wait. If wind blew your bike over why is it in the middle of what looks like a drive? Also why isn't your kickstand down? Also why would anyone park their bike in a rain runoff?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Okay Ummmm. Wait. If wind blew your bike over why is it in the middle of what looks like a drive? Also why isn't your kickstand down? Also why would anyone park their bike in a rain runoff?
    It got blown into the runoff/drive, it was parked here:

My kickstand is down, you can see it in that pic, do you need me to highlight that for you also?

Gold Member

Blaahahaha. My bad. For future parking you should back into that spot keeping the low side of the grade on your kickstand side.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Blaahahaha. My bad. For future parking you should back into that spot keeping the low side of the grade on your kickstand side.
    I am now, I hadn't really anticipated enough wind to blow over a 500lbs bike

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Winner, thanks!

I've had eBay ones on the SV, Pazzos on the gixxers and now FP on the Triple. IMO they all improve the brake feel.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    Winner, thanks!

My tactical levers broke after a crash and they replaced all the internals with the newly designed parts they are coming out with, for free. Great guys to work with. Even got a new color for the adjusters!

Last edited by Mother Goose; Fri Aug 16th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I like the custom lever you have on it now.
    Aprilia RSV Mille R

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    It got blown into the runoff/drive, it was parked here:

My kickstand is down, you can see it in that pic, do you need me to highlight that for you also?
    Skills....

Gold Member

skills?? lol!!

So insurance has totaled the bike because of scratches. I have two options:
    1. They pay me and take the bike
    2. They pay me less (minus salvage value) and I keep the bike. It gets a title "rebranded as regular"

I'm going for option two pretty much regardless, that said, is a rebranded title going to cause me issues if I choose to sell it down the road? The best I can find is that regular is the same as it is now and it's not a salvage title.

I would never buy a bike with a "branded title". If you're going to keep it f...o...r...e...v....e....r and ride it till the wheels fall off, then take the bike. But, if you like to swap & trade bikes every couple of years then take the $$ and move on.
    2011 KTM 690 Enduro (w/ SuMo Setup)
    2008 Honda CBR600RR Graffiti
    2002 DRZ400E

I've never heard of this "rebranded as regular". Any more info?

Who has the title now? You, or a bank? If you own the bike free and clear and you have the title then I don't see how they can have any effect on it's status? If the title is currently in the banks name then the bank will get it retitled as salvage, and they may or may not continue to accept it as sufficient collateral for the loan.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

.. Option 3 - you get on eBay and find a replacement tank, skip the title issues, and keep riding.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    .. Option 3 - you get on eBay and find a replacement tank, skip the title issues, and keep riding.
    Claim was opened, can't cancel it sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    This would probably be my choice. What do you mean you can't cancel the claim? That's BS. You have to agree to one of the 2 options they have offered. If you don't agree to either, then nothing happens, claim effectively is canceled. They may give you grief about continuing to insure a "totalled" bike, but all you should have to do is show it to them after you have repaired it and tell them to pound sand. My guess is this will be the cheapest option. You can probably fix it yourself for about what your deductible would be and not have to suffer the reduced value from any title issues. Speaking of which, I've never heard of a "rebranded as regular" title. As far as I've ever known, there's a "normal" title and a salvage title, which will significantly effect re-sale value. If the bike is old enough though and there's no lienholder, it probably won't have any modified title. I had a similar situation with a Dodge Durango. Minor fender bender, only damage to fender, bumper and hood, no frame or radiator damage, etc. Insurance totaled it, cut me a check for the value less deductible and I fixed it for less than half what they gave me. I just couldn't insure it with full coverage anymore because they already paid it out. But the title was never touched.
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    76 Toyota Landcruiser Rockcrawler
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Quote Originally Posted by teamextreme View Post
    This would probably be my choice. What do you mean you can't cancel the claim? That's BS. You have to agree to one of the 2 options they have offered. If you don't agree to either, then nothing happens, claim effectively is canceled. They may give you grief about continuing to insure a "totalled" bike, but all you should have to do is show it to them after you have repaired it and tell them to pound sand. My guess is this will be the cheapest option. You can probably fix it yourself for about what your deductible would be and not have to suffer the reduced value from any title issues. Speaking of which, I've never heard of a "rebranded as regular" title. As far as I've ever known, there's a "normal" title and a salvage title, which will significantly effect re-sale value. If the bike is old enough though and there's no lienholder, it probably won't have any modified title. I had a similar situation with a Dodge Durango. Minor fender bender, only damage to fender, bumper and hood, no frame or radiator damage, etc. Insurance totaled it, cut me a check for the value less deductible and I fixed it for less than half what they gave me. I just couldn't insure it with full coverage anymore because they already paid it out. But the title was never touched.
    My 4Runner was totaled by a hit and run. State Farm paid me the negotiated value, I bought it back and had it fixed. The title was never affected, and they continued to provide full coverage after I submitted the completed repair orders to our agent.