I'm working out in Utah right now and have been in the market for a GSXR 750 for a while. Found this which wouldn't be too far out of the way on the way back if I have the time. $3500 OBO, been on the market for a while but perhaps it's because it's so far away for most people.
http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/3975921336.html

I wouldn't mind dealing with the damage (as long as it doesn't affect rideability so pending a test ride) since I could pick the fairing scheme. I was wondering how much it would cost to paint the gas tank, does anybody have any local experience and recommendations/stay-aways for the job? And price?
http://www.ifairings.com/2006-2007-s...heme-fairings/ These are the fairings I'm really interested in. Like the color scheme, not to mention Rizlas are rolling papers, who doesn't wanna rock something like that ?

I've heard you can install fairings yourself, but they always recommend professional install. Anybody know about how much that usually costs, do they do any heat molding or would you suggest DIY if you have the time/patience? Also, how much does it cost to have the gas tank painted and do you have any local recommendations/stay-away-froms for local shops?

please let me know what you think about all this. I'm pretty new to bikes so I'm no expert. Since the bike is way out in western CO I wouldn't bring it to a mechanic, just buy it if it drives well. I know checking the triple tree is critical, but if it was really slight frame damage like a slight bend I probably wouldn't notice so my way is to drive it up to like 30MPH and let go of the handlebars and make sure it drives straight.. take a few corners

Any tips for a check? Please let me know what areas I should be really vigilant in checking a bike in this condition. Also, what do you think about price? It's been listed at 3500 OBO for a while. I hate lowballing unless it's really not a good price, so what do you think of the value?

I know I just asked a lot of questions in one thread, hopefully I get some good advice and +karma for all who take the time to read and answer questions