Thread: Buell XB9SX - Custom - Black + Silver

RECOVERED! Buell XB9SX - Custom - Black + Silver

Stolen downtown from in front of my work Sunday night. Literally right on a downtown street in front of a busy hotel. Sadly as popular as Buell motors are for one off custom hipster bobbers I am pretty sure she is in pieces already. Be on the lookout locally for somebody trying to sell Buell parts.

Pics....while somewhat out of date can be found here. http://www.pbase.com/michael_hill/2005_buell_xb9sx

Pretty much every piece of bodywork from the front to the back was custom. Most pieces were painted flat black. Frame pucks are painted silver to match the frame. Tail assembly was flat black.
    Last edited by Michael_Hill; Fri Jan 24th, 2014 at 10:16 PM.

Re: Buell XB9SX - Custom - Black + Silver

Bummer man.... Hope she turns up.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

RECOVERED!!

Musta done something right for somebody to have this kind of luck. Now 2 for 2 in finding my stolen bikes.

DPD called me Friday to tell me it was found in the 2500 block of Williams street last Friday. They reported it as driveable.....but then wouldn't let me into the impound to see after they told me they would. From looking through the fence its at least in one piece on a kickstand...and no damage from what I can see at a distance. Since Allstate owns it now technically I have to spend another day at the auction trying to get it back like I did my scooter. Hopefully no assholes bid it up crazy. I mean...any dealer who owns bikes would TOTALLY understand a dude trying to get his wheels back right?

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Great news, good luck!

Wow that's great news for you! 2 for 2! Time for a bike lock or alarm of some sort man. So basically since it was stollen Allstate paid you for the bike and they have the title, but now that it's recovered you can buy the title back from them if you want? I was curious how that would go if they would allow you to buy it back or not since they already paid you for the bike.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

ATTENTION those insured with Allstate. They fuck ya! Without even returning my calls...they immediately sold it Copart. I had a conversation with Allstate just after it was found and I was told an insurance adjustor would call me in reference to trying to buy the bike back. Such a shitty deal! Previously they had sent bikes to Klode....which as a previous owner of a vehicle you are allowed to come in and bid on only your previous property. Copart does not allow non dealers to bid. I called several bike shops I know people at and they did not deal with Copart auctions because of their high fees. Thankfully I found a work around.

I had disc lock on it. From the sounds of it they probably just had two dudes lift it into the back of a trailer....must have figured the lock out later. No idea if they screwed with the locked gas cap or ignition....but I am guessing so. It had sliders and frame pucks...so even if they dropped it at some point it shouldn't be too bad off.

So does "work around" mean you bought it back or no?
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Maybe found a dealer friend to buy it back?

With mine allstate did allow me to back up the process and buy it back. I think this was because the recovery happened the day after I gave them my title and I was able to stop them from processing it. Otherwise I would have had to try and buy it back through colpart too.