Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reet-ride.html

When I saw the full video - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846 my first thought was, why are they surrounding him? Turns out he had hit another biker earlier. And then because he had his wife and kid, he decided to get the hell out of there running over a few on purpose. Things end badly all around.

Re: Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC

On a side note, I wonder how many of those rocket scientists crash into each other during their gay pride ride parade?

Back on topic, I don't blame the guy. This video is a lot like that mother Russia video we saw a month ago. The rider was on the dotted line, then goes into his lane and stabs the brakes for no apparent reason other than to incite conflict and trashy. And he does both. The only thing I would fault the RR guy for is not driving to the nearest police or fire station. But he very well could have been, the video isn't long enough to know for sure. Those bikers are a bunch of morons and to the ones that got hit, they brought that on themselves. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Full video or as full as it gets...

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    On a side note, I wonder how many of those rocket scientists crash into each other during their gay pride ride parade?

Back on topic, I don't blame the guy. This video is a lot like that mother Russia video we saw a month ago. The rider was on the dotted line, then goes into his lane and stabs the brakes for no apparent reason other than to incite conflict and trashy. And he does both. The only thing I would fault the RR guy for is not driving to the nearest police or fire station. But he very well could have been, the video isn't long enough to know for sure. Those bikers are a bunch of morons and to the ones that got hit, they brought that on themselves. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Showing how tough you are in your back protector and tshirt while brake checking a 5000lb SUV is a pretty good recipe for becoming a stain on the road. If 50+ people surrounded my truck and were trying to get in or prevent me from moving, you can bet your ass I am picking my safety over theirs and getting the hell out of there.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Judging by lane positions and general antics, I don't think this group was just riding to afternoon bible study. Brake checking an SUV? Losing proposition.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

100% biker fail...but then again, what do you expect from tha NYC stuntahz crowd?

If this was the "Biker Favorable" version of this GoPro footage, then these guys are sad excuses for human beings, much less riders...

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    If this was the "Biker Favorable" version of this GoPro footage, then these guys are sad excuses for human beings, much less riders...
    I had the same thought. If this was the version the bikers thought helped their case, how bad must the beginning and ending have looked?

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post

Showing how tough you are in your back protector and tshirt while brake checking a 5000lb SUV is a pretty good recipe for becoming a stain on the road. If 50+ people surrounded my truck and were trying to get in or prevent me from moving, you can bet your ass I am picking my safety over theirs and getting the hell out of there.
    I believe that brae check occurred after the incident where he had an accident with a different biker. This was them trying to get him to stop.

I agree with, driving to the police or fire station, calling the cops, doing anything but continuing on this crazy ass drive. The bikers are idiots

I agree with Aaron too.
    Says.. police are investigating but most of them don't have license plates.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1471585

This was all over G+ this morning. Apparently there was an accident with the black Land Rover and a bike BEFORE this video. Still, its a mob.

Good run them over again, I am a rider and have ZERO respect and feel ZERO sympathy for these fucking cockshiners. They do nothing but give the rest of us riders bad reputations and place a stigma on the hobby as a whole. Same way that the riced out, burn out, neon lighted ghetto car tuner guys give a bad name to actual tuner car enthusiasts. Feel the same way about the douches that insist on open carrying AR15s to prove a point when all it does it lead to fear of legitimate CCW holders and encourage increased legislation and police harrasment. I swear, combine shit loads of testosterone and an IQ under 75 and this is what you get.

Based on videos showing group rides like this previously, I think it is safe to say their riding style didn't change to what we see on the video just because their was an accident between a biker and the Range Rover. If anything, they just became more aggressive. We have all seen stunters blocking traffic in order to completely stop the traffic so some ass hat can stunt in the middle of the road or intersection. Without even seeing what happened originally, I think I am pretty safe assuming the biker did something reckless or stupid that led to the initial accident.

Jason
    07 600RR

My first thought was"What did these upstanding urban utes do to piss the guy off?" I'm guessing they were not riding like model citizens to begin with, and running up and jerking someone's car door open is only going to end badly for the guy outside. He's damn lucky the guy didn't just shoot his thug ass through the door.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    My first thought was"What did these upstanding urban utes do to piss the guy off?" I'm guessing they were not riding like model citizens to begin with, and running up and jerking someone's car door open is only going to end badly for the guy outside. He's damn lucky the guy didn't just shoot his thug ass through the door.
    +1 for the use of "utes"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    He's damn lucky the guy didn't just shoot his thug ass through the door.
    They probably counted on him to be a law abiding citizen, which would mean they knew he didn't have a gun.

Gold Member

Well if the story is he hit a rider and took off they should have killed him. But if the story is he hit a rider being a jackass then so be it. Who knows. But it does seem like we missed something for them to be messing with that SUV. One thing is for sure it would have been funny to watch all around.

A little more info about the before and after the video. Bikers are far from innocent. I think this poor bastard was just not aware enough to try to get off the highway, because clearly there is no other traffic other than the bikers. He was somehow unlucky enough to get caught in the middle of them all. I don't care who you are, if my wife and child are in the car and if I feel they are in danger, you better be one bad motherf*&ker if you decide to try to stop me because my F150 is going to pancake anyone that tries to stop me until police arrive.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-attack-suv-after-driver-rams-riders/

Jason
    07 600RR

A lot of speculation going on so I'll clarify what happened in order of events.

1. Bikers doing one of those obnoxious group ride things taking up the entire road.
    2. As seen a bike gets in-front of the SUV and brake checks it, leading to the initial accident.
    3. The SUV stops to deal with the accident but he gets surrounded and people try opening his door and braking the windows so he flees running over the bikes in-front of him.
    4. Bikers catch up later on and one guy runs for his door so he speeds off again hitting another bike.
    5. Once the SUV reaches stopped traffic the biker that got hit last comes up, drops his bike, and smashes the window in.
    6. The driver was hospitalized with lacerations to the face, but his wife and child were uninjured.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Jason
    07 600RR

Yes Townie, all traffic accidents should end with swift capital punishment, well said as always.

This video makes me want to carry a gun. If I was in the driver's situation with my wife and kid you should be damn sure I would have ran over them too. There is no limit to what I would do to protect my family.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Yes Townie, all traffic accidents should end with swift capital punishment, well said as always.

This video makes me want to carry a gun. If I was in the driver's situation with my wife and kid you should be damn sure I would have ran over them too. There is no limit to what I would do to protect my family.
    Oh yes because I said all as in 100%. Go reread you sheltered twat. I said IF HE HAD HIT A BIKE AND TRIED TO RUN. Yes I fucking hate worthless scumbags that pull things like hit and runs. And yes I wish death on cowards. Pulling a hit and run is pathetic. Buuuut I guess its not the case. Go back to your padded room before you hurt yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post

Did you feel safe with me and A-aron on the bishops ride?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Oh yes because I said all as in 100%. Go reread you sheltered twat. I said IF HE HAD HIT A BIKE AND TRIED TO RUN. Yes I fucking hate worthless scumbags that pull things like hit and runs. And yes I wish death on cowards. Pulling a hit and run is pathetic. Buuuut I guess its not the case. Go back to your padded room before you hurt yourself.
    There are circumstances in which a hit and run is not only legal, but also the right decision.