Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC

Re: Range Rover runs over bikers in NYC

I'm kinda impressed with the climbing capabilities of the land rover, I wouldn't have ran straight thru them, I would have donuts. I don't see what all the uproar is about, seems to me karma was served hot, and if the form of a mall cruiser.
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We saw a video less than 6 1/2 minutes long. That would be an astonishing response time to a static call of the highest priority. This is not only a dynamic call (Traveling), but it is also not the highest in priority. ...t.

Quite frankly, I would've been shocked if any agency would have had Officers on scene during the video we watched. And if they did, it would've been purely by luck.

The police knew and the riders knew that they knew. The NYPD did what they could by setting up roadblocks, etc..

Kelly said it was similar to an event that was held last year with dozens of bikers, who call themselves “Hollywood Stunts,” converging on Times Square.

“This is a major stunt event where motorcyclists from various locations come together. Their ultimate goal is to get into Times Square, which they did last year,” Kelly said, “Quite frankly it wasn’t on anybody’s radar screen last year. We were aware of it this year.”

In order to prevent the group from heading into Midtown this year, police set up checkpoints throughout the city. Kelly said during that effort, 15 arrests were made, 68 summonses were issues and 55 motorcycles were confiscated.
    Last edited by Snowman; Wed Oct 2nd, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    I, and most people I know realize that if they become involved in an altercation, and they're carrying, there's going to be at LEAST 1 gun in the mix. The realization that it may not be the ONLY one certainly damps the enthusiasm for a good ol' fist fight. Most CCW holders I know will go to great lengths to de-escalate or avoid a confrontation. This situation was something else entirely. A MOB of idiots that had already shown their disregard for law and the safety of others were DIRECTLY threatening the driver of the SUV and his family with physical violence, and indeed caused him significant harm. At that point, he was pretty much justified to do whatever was necessary to end the threat (or at least he would be in Colorado, I dunno about the law in NYC).
    Jim, my point was that if everyone was carrying and the SUV driver shot some one at his window, the mob (who already showed a propensity to string him up for a traffic accident) would have shot everyone in the SUV. The reason I think this is precisely the reason you indicate - the mob had already shown disregard and were directly threatening the driver and his family. If you shoot one (or 6) person(s) in a mob of one hundred armed dipshits, you should expect to get shot back. My point was not about CCW, not about gun control, not about right or wrong of anyone in the situation. It was a direct response to the thought that if everyone was carrying IN THIS SITUATION and the SUV driver decided to either shoot or show, the mob would not have been "chill" about it at all and the SUV family would all have been shot.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

ranges driver side mirror was already punched out at like :24 seconds...so obviously something went down for them to hit his mirror....unless he drives around with a broken mirror, doubt it though....
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    Jim, my point was that if everyone was carrying and the SUV driver shot some one at his window, the mob (who already showed a propensity to string him up for a traffic accident) would have shot everyone in the SUV. The reason I think this is precisely the reason you indicate - the mob had already shown disregard and were directly threatening the driver and his family. If you shoot one (or 6) person(s) in a mob of one hundred armed dipshits, you should expect to get shot back. My point was not about CCW, not about gun control, not about right or wrong of anyone in the situation. It was a direct response to the thought that if everyone was carrying IN THIS SITUATION and the SUV driver decided to either shoot or show, the mob would not have been "chill" about it at all and the SUV family would all have been shot.
    I think my point was "IF" everyone had guns, there would be a huge predisposition against aggession toward others. Cause you know, eryone has gunz and you might get yo ass shot! I know for me, seeing open carry is always a sobering sight no matter how many times I see it day-to-day.

this would make a good ad for range rovers....the climbing abilities on display were impressive

too soon?
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)

Who wants to make a "response" video, showing proper group riding technique, respect and safety towards all on the road, and polite gestures towards 4-wheel vehicles, or is my sense of humor too warped?
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Who wants to make a "response" video, showing proper group riding technique, respect and safety towards all on the road, and polite gestures towards 4-wheel vehicles, or is my sense of humor too warped?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvB2mYD38Qk

haha, no doubt Grim! Thinking more bikes though, in traffic, not a parade, ya know?
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Gold Member

Okay now will somekne post another response to how to ride in a group without being a throttle junkie and wearing proper gear?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Okay now will somekne post another response to how to ride in a group without being a throttle junkie and wearing proper gear?

.......and don't forget following the rules of the road. Yes I hav cross the dbl yellow . Guilty. But I yet to ride city sidewalks or cutting thru a biz ness corner just avoid stop lights....

Or have i??? But not caught, So it did not happened..

~Scott #119

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    .......and don't forget following the rules of the road. Yes I hav cross the dbl yellow . Guilty. But I yet to ride city sidewalks or cutting thru a biz ness corner just avoid stop lights....

Or have i??? But not caught, So it did not happened..
    Ohhhh I got it on video. Just been waiting for the perfect chance to blackmail you.

Ohhhh I got it on video. Just been waiting for the perfect chance to blackmail you.

NOooooooooo!!!!!!! Don't give that shit to Aaron.......haha

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Check and mate.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Well just to stir the pot with some more what ifs. the argument could be made that people as a whole would be more inclined to be a little more polite and less willing to "attack" random people knowing that everyone is armed.

i'm still interested as to why the dude brake checked him in the beginning of the video and what went down prior to the video rolling.

I can almost guarantee the pack came up on the Rover. Pretty sure the Rover got nervous and tried to get over and either speed up and out of the way or slow down to let them pass. Doing so probably cut one of the riders off making said rider get angry and do the typical kick the door or punch the mirror routine, or caused the rider to go down and one of his buddies decided to take action, which caused all the other riders to follow suit. If that's the case which from many past experiences is, mob mentality takes over and everyone wants to be Mr. Badass and assault the vehicle. So if it were me as the driver, especially with my wife and daughter in the vehicle. ya that right thing to do is stop. But after already having my vehicle assaulted and seeing that many angry dudes, fuck that shit i'm out. No i wouldn't purposely ride over any riders. but i would do whatever i could to get out of there and somewhere safe. case and point the driver got his ass beat once the group were able to get him stopped. if had the chance, you don't think the same thing would have happened the first time they had him stopped right before he ran the bikes and rider over?!?!? Bullshit!

oh well.... i feel bad for all who got injured. pretty stupid way for things to go down.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Well just to stir the pot with some more what ifs. the argument could be made that people as a whole would be more inclined to be a little more polite and less willing to "attack" random people knowing that everyone is armed.
    I agree that is one possible outcome of everyone being armed.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Interview with one of the bikers that witnessed this. I don't care how sincere and sad this guy seems, I'll take logic and what's been shown so far, to side with the SUV. Think of your own parents driving down the road and this mob is all around, then one of them brake-checks? My Mom would be freaking out scared! Fuck 'em, ride like adults instead of a big gang scaring families and this wouldn't have happened.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/...rage-brawl.cnn
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I would venture to say 99% of people who commit a crime feel remorseful after being caught or finding out it didn't end the way they had planned.

Good thing those bikers didn't run into THIS guy:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...own-newday.cnn

Summary: Dude was driving like a maniac, including passing on the median, sees another driver taking video of him. Gets pissed about that so he pulls up next to him, rolls down window and shoots gun at guy with phone. Arrested, thankfully.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Lawyers will be having a field day (read the whole thing): http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t4

Eh, guy in the hospital needs to just die. He's a waste. As are most of the clowns riding in that group. Gives all us a bad name. And I'm done with this.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

What a douche bag (the "biker"). I like how she shows him a blurry photo of two of the bikers, specifically one that had a shinny hitler helmet and busted out the guys window.

Do you know them?

"Naww, never seen 'dim befow"

The guy in the SUV could have very easily been me. We have a SUV, I have a wife and we just found out yesterday the baby is going to be a girl.

I would have done the same thing, use of deadly force is authorized.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"