Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSXR 750

Re: GSXR 750

Go faster. B-)

Chocolate Thunder

Your funny Nolan....don't want a ticket.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Just giving you grief!

How do you like it compared to the SV? I'm about to make the switch too. But Im thinkin about the 600 because of price, and power (I don't want insane). If I gear it lower. Maybe I wont get as many tickets and still get better gas mileage and what not. Hows the power of the 750 compared to the 650?

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Take your time learning the characteristic of an in-line 4. It'll have less engine braking than the SV. I got surprised once or twice on corner entry when I went from my SV to the Gixxer
    Good to know, thanks.
    06 GSXR 750

Chocolate Thunder

First thing that came to my head was the power is a rush....like a kid entering a candy store. Next is the 600 and the 750 are the same bikes, but more power. I rode her yesterday in C mode all day long, and I feel the resistance compared to A mode, the C mode felt just like a 600. But below are some pointing tips my other half gave me . Compared to my Sv650, well deff 2 different bikes. No comparison except they are bikes.

Drama(Gladius) is a Vtwin. *The GSXR is a inline 4. *This is a reference to the engine configuration. *The vtwin has more torque off idle while the I4 makes more power when you rev it out. *The vtwin will feel like it slows down more when you shut off the throttle(this is called engine braking). *Inline 4's have engine braking, but at lower RPMs it is not as noticeable. *They will feel like they don't slow down as much when you roll off the throttle. *Something to try: Get on 285 heading into the mountain. *Accelerate hard(get the RPM's up 8-10K) then shut off the throttle and feel the engine braking on the GSXR at higher revs. *Then try the same thing at lower revs. *There will be less slow down at the lower revs on the GSXR. *Just the nature of a I4. *You will probably have to use more brake setting up for a turn. *My riding style changes quite a bit depending on I4 vs. Vtwin. *I use a lot more braking setting up for a turn on my Ninja than my KTM. *The GXSR will make a ton more topend(revved out) power. *It will also rev faster than the Gladius. *Best way to feel the difference is to again crank the throttle hard and feel the I4 winding up. As you know from your test ride it is a rush! *This one will feel the same way. *I think you are going to love the difference. *Next is the chassis and handling.*First big difference is going to be brakes. *The GSXR will have stronger front brakes than the Gladius. *While you are revving it out on the hwy or anywhere, try the brakes out (slight pressure to feel the how they work and then try a harder squeeze) to get a sense for how it will slow down. *Radial mount calipers up front will make the front brakes feel extremely powerful compared to the Gladius. *The GSXR has a much higher spec suspension. *It is going to feel much more settled in the corners. *It *will also turn in faster than the Gladius. *It may not feel like it at first because your Gladius has wide handlebars which give you more leverage to turn the bike. Trust me, the GSXR will turn easier. *The thing is a scalpel. * With good countersteering, the GXSR will be like mental telepathy. *It will slice and dice. *Same basic principles apply that you already do: setup for the turn, look through the turn, countersteer at the apex, blast out of the turn. * Don't just stick to straight roads. *Find some corners and see what this thing can do. *Not sure where there are any good roads right now, but you will want to find some even if that means you have to ride further to try some. **

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    How do you like it compared to the SV? I'm about to make the switch too. But Im thinkin about the 600 because of price, and power (I don't want insane). If I gear it lower. Maybe I wont get as many tickets and still get better gas mileage and what not. Hows the power of the 750 compared to the 650?

Good to know, thanks.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Nice Bike!

Reminds me of my gsxr1000 I had back in Oklahoma, bike was a beast.

Hey thanks! I did a small test drive of a 600. And holy shit. At 6k rpms I was about ready to zoom off into space O.O haha. I just cant decide on a 600 or 750 xD.
    06 GSXR 750

Nice upgrade, hopefully I'll have 2 wheels next summer and start posting some rides lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

On point from your other half..

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Nice upgrade, hopefully I'll have 2 wheels next summer and start posting some rides lol
    what are you planning on getting? I'm hoping to get one by spring, hopefully. Its been miserable.

Chocolate Thunder

Esther you are born for a R1...nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by biikChiQ View Post
    what are you planning on getting? I'm hoping to get one by spring, hopefully. Its been miserable.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Good pointers and while true, that’s a lot more info than you need to carry in your head while riding. Go to a big open lot, do some braking drills and just go ride! Get used the bike’s characteristics and just take it easy and ramp up slowly (sounds like that’s what you’re doing anyway). A modern sportbike is very easy to ride and an experienced rider can go from a twin, to a Gixxer, to a dual-sport very easily.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Chocolate Thunder

Thanks John, i did that all saturday. I probably looked like an idiot ridng back and forth on the same parking lot. I rode saturday in the mountains with one-ops and lets just say I was getting passed by harley riders, thanks to his dad for staying with me. A lot more drills and find some open mountain roads next summer. I am not ready for skin grafts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Good pointers and while true, that’s a lot more info than you need to carry in your head while riding. Go to a big open lot, do some braking drills and just go ride! Get used the bike’s characteristics and just take it easy and ramp up slowly (sounds like that’s what you’re doing anyway). A modern sportbike is very easy to ride and an experienced rider can go from a twin, to a Gixxer, to a dual-sport very easily.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

You'd look like much more of an idiot locking up the back brake coming to a red light and dropping your new bike, so I'd say some practice is actually smart! And again, better to be getting passed by Harley's than riding beyond your confidence and off the pavement, because then they're passing you, and passing judgement.

Chocolate Thunder

You are 150% correct Aaron. Parking lots are my new best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    You'd look like much more of an idiot locking up the back brake coming to a red light and dropping your new bike, so I'd say some practice is actually smart! And again, better to be getting passed by Harley's than riding beyond your confidence and off the pavement, because then they're passing you, and passing judgement.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

You need new rubber I'd put on some power cups or pures but have heard some good things about these q3's
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...-120-70-180-55
    Reguard less of which tire getting to learn one with flat centers is counter productive a bit
    Last edited by One-ops; Mon Oct 28th, 2013 at 10:41 PM.

Here's the tank pads I was telling you about.
    http://techspec-usa.com/magento/inde...750-08-10.html

As for the Q3's, read Drano's comment on the thread One-ops posted. The ride we went on together Kerry, I had PR3's on my BMW also, and my next set of tires will be PR3's again. I've seen Drano drag hard parts on his SV650 with them, and I've damn near put a knee down with them (Stupid me always tucks my knee!). Although I don't get 10,000 miles out of them, only about 7,000, that's still a lot better than the 2, maybe 3,000 I'd get out of Q3's. Never felt them step out on me, and was confident even on the Devil's Spine, which was a very fast-paced ride. Personally, judging off what I saw on our ride together, I'd go for the PR3's or a similar dual compound S/T tire. Race tract aside, I've only seen a couple CSC members who could probably use the Q3's with the way they ride on the street (Read as Sal, and, um, Sal).

Than again, I prefer the ultimate in grip regardless of how often I replace tires. Q3's have more grip than most would need under normal circumstances during street riding. But on the occasions when going a little hot in a corner i know i can just trail brake and crank over, and all the grip i need is there. Also add a couple track days per set makes them the tire of choice.
    Aprilia RSV Mille R

Chocolate Thunder

Well the Q3, s have been ordered. Thanks.......

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Congrats on the new bike Kerry! Great bike! I'd like to add something about tires. If you come across some water or debris in a corner a ST tire will probably provide better traction than a full-on sport tire. Something to think about. I don't think you will ever need more traction than a good ST tire provides unless you are on a racetrack and are racing or riding at a full on race pace.

Who is this Sal? He sounds like someone I want to ride with.

Quote Originally Posted by IT WASN'T ME! View Post
    Congrats on the new bike Kerry! Great bike! I'd like to add something about tires. If you come across some water or debris in a corner a ST tire will probably provide better traction than a full-on sport tire. Something to think about. I don't think you will ever need more traction than a good ST tire provides unless you are on a racetrack and are racing or riding at a full on race pace.
    I'm going to have to disagree with this a little bit. I've rocked Supercorsa's for years on my sportbikes through Spring, Summer and Fall. Never had issues and always had tons of grip. Did a lot of track days with them as well. I will say that when I did get a new bike and it had the stock or better than stock tires on it, I was always let down by the lack of grip and non-confidence inspiring feeling I would get from the tires.

Now obviously, I haven't had a bunch of experience with all the brands of street tires, but I have had the chance to sample Dunlop D207's, 208's 228's and Bridgestone(can't remember the model but it was for sure a street tire, lots of tread pattern). And without a doubt all of those tires I mentioned drove me nuts when I rode on them. Only reason I did ride them, was didn't want to just throw away a good set of tires, so when I'd get a new bike I'd burn up the stock tires they came with. Of all the stock/OEM type tires I used, I'll give the Bridgestones the highest marks(they were on my Hayabusa) and they did a good job, and had what I would call O.K. grip levels.

Now with my R1, my 02 GSX-R1000 and now my current 03 GSX-R1000, I always felt more confident and right at home on a set of Supercorsa's. And here's where I'm sure I'll catch some flack. I also ran "Race Take-Offs" primarily. Only ever had one set of new Supercorsa's, all of the other sets I've used in the past were race take-offs. Most of the Supercorsa's I got had plenty of life left in them, and I still would manage to get about 3000 street miles and usually two track days out of a set before it was time to change.

So with that being said, to the OP... I know she's a newer rider and stepping up to a GSX-R750 from a 650. So it's going to be a change for sure. But I would recommend that once she gets some miles and experience, to look into Supercorsa's or tires that are equal. Doesn't mean she has to run them, but check them out. I personally love the level of grip I get from them. Then again, and I'll admit it when I'm in the mountains. I do push the limits to a degree. I'm very honest about it, LOL!!! I couldn't care less about the scenery, I'm there for one reason and that's to drag my knee around every corner. So for me, I like having the extra grip a DOT tire...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Chocolate Thunder

I need to fix my above...I didnt order the Q3,s, I ordered the knee grips that One-ops suggested. I think he was referring to my tires because the guy who owned the bike really only rode it in a straight line, I can feel the flatness of the center of the back tire. I do appreciate all advice and you all are looking out for me and i am looking for the tire that will get me through about 4000 miles during next season and as well will grip the road. I say so now, but i am not going to the track. So i have to do some research from the 3 options posted on here, but do know that knew tires do need to be ordered. So please continue, with suggestions. Uggg what to order.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with this a little bit. I've rocked Supercorsa's for years on my sportbikes through Spring, Summer and Fall. Never had issues and always had tons of grip. Did a lot of track days with them as well. I will say that when I did get a new bike and it had the stock or better than stock tires on it, I was always let down by the lack of grip and non-confidence inspiring feeling I would get from the tires.

Now obviously, I haven't had a bunch of experience with all the brands of street tires, but I have had the chance to sample Dunlop D207's, 208's 228's and Bridgestone(can't remember the model but it was for sure a street tire, lots of tread pattern). And without a doubt all of those tires I mentioned drove me nuts when I rode on them. Only reason I did ride them, was didn't want to just throw away a good set of tires, so when I'd get a new bike I'd burn up the stock tires they came with. Of all the stock/OEM type tires I used, I'll give the Bridgestones the highest marks(they were on my Hayabusa) and they did a good job, and had what I would call O.K. grip levels.

Now with my R1, my 02 GSX-R1000 and now my current 03 GSX-R1000, I always felt more confident and right at home on a set of Supercorsa's. And here's where I'm sure I'll catch some flack. I also ran "Race Take-Offs" primarily. Only ever had one set of new Supercorsa's, all of the other sets I've used in the past were race take-offs. Most of the Supercorsa's I got had plenty of life left in them, and I still would manage to get about 3000 street miles and usually two track days out of a set before it was time to change.

So with that being said, to the OP... I know she's a newer rider and stepping up to a GSX-R750 from a 650. So it's going to be a change for sure. But I would recommend that once she gets some miles and experience, to look into Supercorsa's or tires that are equal. Doesn't mean she has to run them, but check them out. I personally love the level of grip I get from them. Then again, and I'll admit it when I'm in the mountains. I do push the limits to a degree. I'm very honest about it, LOL!!! I couldn't care less about the scenery, I'm there for one reason and that's to drag my knee around every corner. So for me, I like having the extra grip a DOT tire...

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750