Thread: Call of Duty Question

Call of Duty Question

I know there are a few COD gurus on here. I just started to play PC games.
    Finally have a comp that can handle it. I just finished COD 2 (I mistakingly
    purchasd 2 instead of 1) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

What would you recommend my next step be? Go back and do COD1 or
    move on to COD3?

Thanks.
    Last edited by FZRACE97; Mon Oct 28th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    "My God, it's full of stars!"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Call of Duty Question

I recommend you get an Epic Local pass.

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

i never played cod1, started with 2 as well but cod3 was the absolute worst of them all in my opinion. i recommend you just getting cod10 next week.
    ~Scott #119

Gold Member

If you are looking for a good storyline I would suggest modern warfare. That storyline is awesome. Both the black ops are just okay. Will be able to give you some insight to the new one in about a week.

I agree with Townie. Although I like the BO2 online play, I preferred the campaign stories of the Modern Warfare games. I also liked the story line and old weapons in World at War.
    Asphalt - Worlds' fastest tattoo remover

everything after 3 is exactly the same

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    everything after 3 is exactly the same
    How so? I mean it is a first person shooter so yeah... you will be running around shooting people. The guns amdnperks are always changing. They have even changed the dynamics of the games. Also the games that can be played online are changing too. Mw3 brought infected and kill confirmed. Both of those game plays are fun. If you want to play something besides a first person shooter do so but don't expect a first person shooter to be anything more than running around killing people. The games have changed a bunch. Maybe you just didn't take the time to figure it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRACE97 View Post
    I know there are a few COD gurus on here. I just started to play PC games.
    Finally have a comp that can handle it. I just finished COD 2 (I mistakingly
    purchasd 2 instead of 1) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

What would you recommend my next step be? Go back and do COD1 or
    move on to COD3?

Thanks.
    Definitely check out the new Call of Duty: Ghosts

Not sure if/when it will drop for the PC but PS3/4, XBox get it on Nov. 5th

I will give you this, the Campaigns are better in the Modern Warfare trilogy. Black Ops(1,2) campaigns were o.k. but not really enjoyable. Though Black Ops II's campaign is way better than Black Ops 1. I just couldn't get into Black Ops 1 campaign, no matter how many times I played it through. Now I don't have Modern Warfare, just MW2 and MW3 and both of them are awesome in terms of Campaigns. Have to say I like both MW2 and MW3's campaigns equally. Probably like MW3 more as I've played the complete campaign 12 times now.

And if you haven't experienced it already, for sure check out the Multi-player(on-line) part of Call of Duty. That in and of itself is a total blast and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    How so? I mean it is a first person shooter so yeah... you will be running around shooting people. The guns amdnperks are always changing. They have even changed the dynamics of the games. Also the games that can be played online are changing too. Mw3 brought infected and kill confirmed. Both of those game plays are fun. If you want to play something besides a first person shooter do so but don't expect a first person shooter to be anything more than running around killing people. The games have changed a bunch. Maybe you just didn't take the time to figure it all out.
    I'll have to agree with this statement. First person shooters are all the same. Run and Gun or sit and camp. Really only two ways to play them.

Call of Duty's biggest problem in my opinion is map size and choices. Black Ops 2 has given us some really good maps but also maps that are really small. Makes for action packed game play and lots of opportunities to rack up many many kills. However, it also lends itself to lots of Spawn Kills. Which is why I've come to rely so heavily on the "Tac Insert". Sure I get people camping my tac all the time but who cares. Better than getting spawn killed 4 or 5 times in a row. I'm also a bit of a jerk when it comes to using a Tac Insert, as I continually move it around and place it as close to the enemy spawn as possible without actually spawn camping. It's more for strategy to keep as close to the battle as possible and put as close to the enemy as possible. I can't stand spawning all the way across the map, then having to work my way back to where the fight is going down. I'd much rather tac in the middle somewhere, and be as close to the fight when all hell breaks loose.

Which is why I think if we had bigger maps, it would help with less spawn trapping, and more opportunities to actually stay alive for longer periods of time. Sure I get a lot of kills in Black Ops 2, but I also get a lot of deaths. It's my run and gun technique for sure, but it's also something you can't help. Even campers will rack up a ton of deaths, unless you constantly strafe back and forth behind your team as they move forward, capitalizing on their deaths and surprising the enemy who just killed your teammate. I can't do that, don't have the patience. There's a reason I have a 517 score per minute in HC Kill Confirmed. It's because I can't sit still, I'm always on the move, collecting as many tags as possible and kills as possible. As of the other night, I went over 90000 kills in Kill Confirmed but I'm also closing in on 70000 deaths. Lots of Kills and lots of Deaths. My best game ever was in Nuketown, had 61 kills but 28 deaths but almost 50 tags collected. And I'm not a tag whore either. Sure I'll grab my teammates tags if they aren't around, and so the other team can't deny it. But I'd say 85% of my tags collected are my own. Why? for one I do manage to stay alive more than I die, but also with my Tac Insert, I can re-spawn close to where I died or killed an enemy and collect my tag before it gets denied.

Believe me, I've received hate mail from other gamers due to my prolific use of the Tac Insert. Even been reported for hacking and cheating because the enemy isn't smart enough to figure out that I tac insert close to them, so that's the reason I'm always in their face and usually kill the same guy that just killed me, only seconds after he's done it. I've also mastered the art of re-spawning from my tac insert only to nail the douche bag that's camping it in order for them to get a free and easy kill. I've been reported as a hacker because people can't figure out how I can re-spawn and kill them from my tac insert while they are camping it. I've used my Tac Insert some 98000 times and have managed to rack up close to 15000 quick kills off of it. Which means either killing someone who just killed you within 5 seconds or nailing someone who's camping your tac.

I for one am looking forward to the new COD: Ghosts, can't wait to play it. They're bringing back actual Kill Streaks but the pick 10 system for your character load out is making it over from Black Ops II, which I think is the best of both worlds. Finally get to set my guy up for the way I play, and also will be able to go back to using Support or Assault Kill Streaks. Didn't really like this Poinstreak system in Black Ops II, yeah it's nice to earn your kill streaks off of Poinstreaks. But at the same time, I felt that there were times I'd get a Hellfire Missile off of just running around with my UAV up, which gives you +10 points cause your teammates use it to help them and picking up free tags just hanging out on the map. With actual Kill Streaks like Assault Killstreaks, you earned them from killing enemies, and they chained together to get you other ones.

On MW3, I'd run Predator, Attack Helo, and Reaper. I'd work for the Predator, drop it on someone almost always got two kills from it, which earned my Attack Helo. Call in the Helo, and let it do it's thing, well it would always get me a couple kills and that would earn me my Reaper. I'd say 90% of the time, my Helo would get my two kills for me, before I could find the enemy to get them with gun kills. MW3's maps were bigger though. But I never camped to get my high Kill Streaks. I'd call in the Helo, let it do it's thing and run around trying to earn more kills. Plus it was always nice to through up an Attack Helo, it just made the other team work to take it out. Then if you got a Reaper or AC130, it was time to stick it in and break it off... LOL!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Black ops 2 lost me. Not sure why or how. Just got bored with it fast. Just sitting down to play battlefield 4. Will give a little update on it tomorrow.

One thing I have to give black ops 2 is the load out. It was fantastic to be able to run so much stuff. Mixing up perks like that was a great idea. Not sure if I just hyped the game up in my head or what but it never really took. So this go around I'm not watching videos on ghost or looking at it at all. Just going to let it all be a surprise when I first play it. But I do hope they bring back infected. I've been hooked on that for a few months now. Such an awesome quick game.

Call of Duty 1...the original that took the crown from Medal of Honor. Still a fantastic gaming experience, and I don't think the graphics aged too terribly bad either. If you enjoyed 2, then I believe you'll like 1 AT LEAST as much (I didn't enjoy 2 all that much so....).

I can't say much to the modern games...Activision bled the franchise dry in my opinion. I prefer a greatly crafted story as to a multiplayer experience. I realize I'm in the minority. I also realize I'm smarter than most people. =P
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

Great insight from different players. Being a noob I dont have a clue
    what Black Knight is talking about. I have only played single player mode.
    I enjow following my team, following instructions, setting charges and shooting
    special guns like anti-airgraft cannons etc. I like to progress through the game
    completing 1 or 2 missions at a time, playing not more than an hour per session.
    I dont care about points or stats and enjoy the satisfaction of cmpleting a camgaign
    and looking forward to whats next.

What are perks?

So, I have COD4 MW on the way and looking forward to going after terrorists
    and using modern weaponry.

Gold Member

Perks up until black ops 2 are something with online play. They are basically bonuses that help you like reload faster or see enemy equipment like claymores. Basically what knight was talking about is a camper is someone who sits back from the fight and waits for guys to come to him. Usually hiding in a corner and looked at as coward. Run and gun is just that. Charging the objective. With what you said I think you would enjoy battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRACE97 View Post
    Great insight from different players. Being a noob I dont have a clue
    what Black Knight is talking about. I have only played single player mode.
    I enjow following my team, following instructions, setting charges and shooting
    special guns like anti-airgraft cannons etc. I like to progress through the game
    completing 1 or 2 missions at a time, playing not more than an hour per session.
    I dont care about points or stats and enjoy the satisfaction of cmpleting a camgaign
    and looking forward to whats next.

What are perks?

So, I have COD4 MW on the way and looking forward to going after terrorists
    and using modern weaponry.
    check out online multiplayer mode. You'll like what it has to offer and plenty of game modes to choose from. Perks are what Townie said. Found mainly in the multiplayer side of Call of Duty. Do some solo run through first so you can experience the maps and how they work. Then jump into a lobby and prepare for all hell to break loose as soon as you go into a match
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

So battlefield 4.... the campaign was okay. Nothing like playing mw2 buuuut I guess the whole invasion of the untitled States thing was tough to compete with. Anyways the gameplay is cool. They have now changed the controls to be more like cod and this caught me off guard. I've been playing 3 all week just to get used to the controls again. Nope. Lol. The online play is a blast!! And I mean that!! Nothing like shooting a rocket at a tank and ducking behind a wall just to have the tank blow your cover literally to pieces. Plus watching buildings completely collapse from explosions is fun. One level is in a prison and has a guard shack in the middle. Yeah you can bring down that whole part of the map. The sniping in this game is epic!! Actually having to take into account bullet drop you really have to pay attention to range. I've had a couple epic sniper battles so far and love every second. The maps are just giant!! Hitting people sometimes can be a giant pain. Also they have really brought in water warfare. That's right battle on water. I also like how the environment changes. A few times I have been on a boat when a large storm comes in and the waves are just crazy.

Now for the downside. So I guess either they forgot or are having issues depending on where you read info. NO PARTY SYSTEM. Yeah I couldn't believe that. Looking to figure out how make a party and its just not there. A game based on team play and you can't party up. Blah! Also you can only build classes while in a game. Its crazy talk! There is no way to customize your classes without actually being in a game. Just retarded. With being able to add camp to vehicles along with everything else this is just gay. Also I have noticed that I can be pouring rounds into a guy running and its just hit marker after hit marker. This is frustrating when the guy shoots a rocket and kills you. This just seems to be the story with all games.

All in all its a great game. I truly hope they get the party thing figured out. Also let you build classes at the menu. If they do this I may be done with cod. Maybe. Lol

So should I uninstall COD 2 before installing COD 4 MW?
    I tried playing online and every time I went to a server in began downloading a bunch of stuff. Where did all the information that was downloaded go?
    BTW I did not like playing online much I got shot way to quickly and I did not even know who I was shooting at.

Gold Member

Yeah the getting your ass kicked deal is just part of learning the game. Not sure about your PC question because I don't do PC. Guess it just depends on your memory. And those downloads are just updates.

FYI, I wouldn't play online any game older than Modern Warfare 3. They quit patching games and that's when bugs, glitches and hackers take over. When you think about it. MW 3 will soon become extinct now that it's 3rd rung down. Only the new or newer games get patches i.e.MW3 and Black Ops 2.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"