Thread: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty: Ghosts

O.k. quick thread on what I believe is the baddest Call of Duty game to ever drop for the franchise. I've only had it just for a couple hours and without a doubt, Ghosts blows Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3 away. Haven't ventured into the Campaign very far. Was dying to try out the Multiplayer. Though I always give a nod to the Campaign first, then go from there. What I can say, is Multiplayer does take a little to get used to. Load outs are way cool and the guns are pretty good(ones I've used so far), and hey they brought the .44 magnum back!!!(thank you Activision). Maps are gigantic(at least they seem to be), and I'm sure once I learn them more they will shrink. Though just going by what I've experienced so far, the maps are indeed larger than what both MW3 and Black Ops 2 had to offer. Haven't played all the maps yet and there are a few that are typical smaller style maps. All in All, a bad ass game and well worth the wait. Hey and another thing!! NO LAG!! at least none that I've experienced for the last hour or so of gaming.

Activision

Treyarch
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

About 20 minutes into the campaign mode. So far so good! Time for bed though...

Picked up BF4 the other day but lost interest 10 minutes in.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Picked up BF4 the other day but lost interest 10 minutes in.
    I've been really torn about whether to get COD or BF4. I've played all the CODs up to the this point and it's easy to just stick with what I know, but I'm curious about the BF series. I played the beta for 3 way back when I sucked pretty bad at it but I only played for maybe an hour.
    I've heard the campaign in BF4 isn't anything to brag about though which kind of bums me out. I always enjoy a campaign to cool down from multiplayer rage quits. Were you on campaign or multiplayer?

(In an ideal world I would have both games but my wallet doesn't agree with me)

I'd like to add that I wasn't impressed with Black Ops 2. I've always liked the MW side of the series better. Not sure if it has to do with weapon choice or what but the only thing I could really get into on the non-MW half of the series was zombies. And even then I just want to play lots of multiplayer
    Last edited by Rockerbabe88; Wed Nov 6th, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Nicole
    Street: 08 Suzuki SV650S
    08 Kawi Ninja 500 *SOLD*
    Track: 03 Yamaha R6

MRA corner worker

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerbabe88 View Post
    I've been really torn about whether to get COD or BF4. I've played all the CODs up to the this point and it's easy to just stick with what I know, but I'm curious about the BF series. I played the beta for 3 way back when I sucked pretty bad at it but I only played for maybe an hour.
    I've heard the campaign in BF4 isn't anything to brag about though which kind of bums me out. I always enjoy a campaign to cool down from multiplayer rage quits. Were you on campaign or multiplayer?

(In an ideal world I would have both games but my wallet doesn't agree with me)

I'd like to add that I wasn't impressed with Black Ops 2. I've always liked the MW side of the series better. Not sure if it has to do with weapon choice or what but the only thing I could really get into on the non-MW half of the series was zombies. And even then I just want to play lots of multiplayer
    That's the only reason I'll ever buy another Treyarch Call of Duty will be for the Zombies. It's the only thing they seem to get right. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people that buy/bought Black Ops 2 just for the Zombies it offered. They don't even bother with the multiplayer side of things. Honestly, Zombies are the only thing that do save Treyarch. I'll hand it to them, I loved their zombie maps they offered. Mob of the Dead and Origins were just flat awesome. Tranzit, Die Rise and Buried were mediocre at best. Though of the three, Buried stood out as the best, but no where in the same class as Mob of the Dead or Origins. Lots of people trade in their Treyarch Call of Duty games, I don't as I like to go back from time to time(while the Activision game is out) and play zombies to unwind from the typical multiplayer BS.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I bought BO2 primarily for the zombies. I still play BO1 zombies but it's limited to the first map since that's all anyone still plays.

My experience with BF4 so far is only on the campaign. I typically do the campaign first before going to multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Infinity Ward

Treyarch
    Fixed it for you. Activision is the publisher for Call of Duty from both developers. Infinity Ward makes the Modern Warfare series which is awesome and Treyarch makes the garbage that is Black Ops. Though I love their Combat Training mode because I can actually kill bots and not get my ass kicked by 13 year olds.

Activision is working their way towards being the next EA which is a bummer. They bleed franchises to death which is sad.

I haven't played Ghosts yet, I think I'll wait till xbone releases to pick it up.

Gold Member

I enjoyed black ops 2 but far too much lag. Even mw3 wasn't that bad. I've jumped ship from cod. I mean come on guys. Its getting old. Battlefield 4 brought me everything I wanted. No more corner campers. Real sniping. And I mean real!! Actually having to adjust the scope for distance. Three times the thought. Oh and let's not forget if you beat the shit out of a building you can bring it down. Well not all of them but a lot. Hell one map has a rooftop that is about the same size as nuke town. That's just a roof. And if you can't get the enemies off it you can bring the skyscraper down. I have always been much more of a sniper anyways and this game is dope. Farthest I have killed is 450 meters. I'm still on the shit rifles. Can't wait to unlock some of the others. I will get ghosts but cod is no longer my game of choice. Dice has won me over. Sorry cod. The campaign isn't terrible. Sure its not mW but its still fun and there missions I have gone back and redone because they were fun. Also they switched a lot of the controls from bf3 to be a little more like cod. Biggest plus is its a very team based game. Scout class can target enemy vehicals and soldiers running around for everyone to see. Not to mention every game is like ground war but with no lag. I've noticed the look of the game isn't as good as cod but I think its either because this is just a quick release for the new consoles Coming out. Also not sure about ghosts but bf4 comes with a promo code that if you buy it now you get a free copy for ps4. Talk about taking care of your people. Biggest downside is that there is no party system so linking up with friends isn't very easy but its also not that hard. You can pick the servers you want so all you do is find one with room in it. If they fix the party system with the first patch I will gladly give the game an 8 out of ten.

PS I do look forward to checking out the cod game just as soon as I get enough blowing shit up.

I was told Battlefield was the prettier of the games especially in the pc version (which is probably what I'll end up getting) for the price of a console upgrade I can pimp out my computer quite a bit.

I really just want both. Something easy and familiar like cod that I'm already good at. But the more cool things I hear about bf4 the more I want to switch. Maybe I'll just suck it up with and go buy it during my midday break

Yeah, PC all the way.

Why lock yourself into a machine for 5-7 years? Or why let your XBOXONE monitor you all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerbabe88 View Post
    I was told Battlefield was the prettier of the games especially in the pc version (which is probably what I'll end up getting) for the price of a console upgrade I can pimp out my computer quite a bit.

I really just want both. Something easy and familiar like cod that I'm already good at. But the more cool things I hear about bf4 the more I want to switch. Maybe I'll just suck it up with and go buy it during my midday break
    FWIW, I love the new graphics on the PS3 version. Can't imagine the PS4's will be that much more groundbreaking compared to the PS3. For me, I'm letting them work all of the issues and bugs out of the first generation of PS4's before I commit to buy one. Probably around this time next year, when the next Call of Duty gets set to drop, then I'll take the plunge and buy a PS4. By then, most bugs/glitches will be worked out, with plenty of patches for the software.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    FWIW, I love the new graphics on the PS3 version. Can't imagine the PS4's will be that much more groundbreaking compared to the PS3. For me, I'm letting them work all of the issues and bugs out of the first generation of PS4's before I commit to buy one. Probably around this time next year, when the next Call of Duty gets set to drop, then I'll take the plunge and buy a PS4. By then, most bugs/glitches will be worked out, with plenty of patches for the software.
    Doing the same. And waiting for the price to drop like it always does. All the new games I care about came out for ps3 so I have no need for the 4 until next year like you said. Probably won't get ghosts for a few months. I truly am enjoying battlefield 4. It has its downfalls just like all games but some of the games are just a blast. There's one where there is a bomb and either team can pick it up and the goal is to blow up three objectives. Game doesn't end until all three are blown. Had a game last about an hour. It was a long intense game. So what are the new cod maps? I won't lie I am curious just not wanting to dive into another game.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Doing the same. And waiting for the price to drop like it always does. All the new games I care about came out for ps3 so I have no need for the 4 until next year like you said. Probably won't get ghosts for a few months. I truly am enjoying battlefield 4. It has its downfalls just like all games but some of the games are just a blast. There's one where there is a bomb and either team can pick it up and the goal is to blow up three objectives. Game doesn't end until all three are blown. Had a game last about an hour. It was a long intense game. So what are the new cod maps? I won't lie I am curious just not wanting to dive into another game.
    Yeah see, I wished Call of Duty would have brought over a little bit more from Black Ops 2 in terms of game rules. Hardcore Kill Confirmed only goes to 65 again, not 100 like Black Ops 2. The games are over rather quickly. My team(clan) has gotten creamed quick and we've also destroyed other teams quick. We just had a game tonight that was 65-14, last about 4 minutes. I mean we broke this other team off bad. But the games where I've gotten my teeth kicked in don't last very long either. Do our best to put up a fight but once you get a deficit mounted against you, it's hard to overcome it, unless the other team just quits playing.

I will say this, Ghosts is everything I was hoping for and more. With the exception being that jacked up Spawns. I'm hoping for a quick patch soon to sort out the terrible spawn system. I've spawn killed people 6 or 7 times in a row, just pushing their spawn position. By the same token, I've gotten spawn raped just re-spawning. I don't even get to move and I'm already dead. Some of the maps the spawn are really done well. "Siege" is a very large map, and the spawns are for the most part good in that you don't/can't get shot as soon as you spawn in. Another map "Stormfront" is a very large map, but the spawns are horrible. At one point, you'll be spawned out in the middle of the street between both buildings were the fighting is taking place. Might as well just kiss your ass goodbye when you spawn there, because it's not long(a split second if you're lucky) that a "spawn camper" sees you and you're dead.

As far as maps go Townie, it's very hard to explain. These maps are so unlike what I've seen before from Black Ops 1, MW3 and BO2. For sure BO1 had the biggest maps of the previous games. MW3's had a lot better texture and were planned out more and BO2's maps were just pointless at times, in that there really wasn't an objective or direction the map flowed. It was just here's the map, now run around it.

Ghosts maps are a combination of both MW3 and BO1 in terms of size and texture. Though, maps like Chasm, Stonehaven, Stormfront, Siege are huge and way bigger than anything on BO1. I mean honestly man, some of these maps if you take a straight line across them, will take you a good 2 or 3 minutes to get across. Which in terms of Call of Duty maps, that's huge. No more Dome or Nuketown sized maps, where within 7 seconds of spawning into the game, it's a shit storm. No some of these maps are very big and very sprawling type maps. They just cover so much more ground. Chasm Map takes place between what looks like 3 buildings that have been blown to shit, only to have the back sides of them exposed to a huge hole in the earth and you can basically climb up multiple levels/floors because all of them are collapsed in on each other. You can even run through one of the Restrooms and hide in between the stalls on the toilets(I should know, I got shot by some guy camping on a toilet waiting for someone to run through there.. it's close to one of the main spawns).

The only tiny map is Strikezone. But it's a "give it hell" map. Shooting never stops and in the process there is always a briefcase that floats in the air if someone carrying it dies. If you can snag it, then complete the "field orders" within it. You get a care package. Well on Strikezone, it's the only map you can call in the "Odin Strike", which is basically a ICBM from the Odin satellite from the Campaign and it comes in and nukes the entire map. Which, then in turn rearranges everything and the maps changes it's topography. Old corridors are closed off and new ones emerge. It also "EMP's" the enemy for a short time after you call it in. There are "Reaper" care packages on every map. Strikezone is the only map, that the "Reaper" care package gives you the K.E.M. Strike(Odin Strike). The Odin Strike works on the same principle as the MOAB from MW3, kills the other team and yours remains unharmed. Not like the "tactical nuke" from MW2 that ended the game. Even though the Odin Strike is a full nuke.

Other maps, Flooded, Overlord, Tremor(which has an active earthquake that tremors from time to time during the game), Whiteout and Prison Break are very big medium to smaller large sized maps.

Strikezone, Octane and Freight are the only three maps that I would classify as small. But don't think in terms of small like Dome or Nuketown. Think, Shooting Range/Studio sized small. Which if it were older Call of Duty games, Shooting Range would be a rather normal, maybe even small-medium sized map.

I'm serious man, these maps are huge....

Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer Maps
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I agree with the black night

but Extinction is 100% better then Zombies
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    I agree with the black night

but Extinction is 100% better then Zombies
    Haven't had a chance to check out Extinction mode yet. Better than Zombies? For sure I'll have to give it a try then...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah but I didn't have the cash for PS3 way back when it came out so I'm on Xbox. And I got the last MW on Xbox instead of PC just to give it a go on console, but there's something about shooters that is just so awesome on PC. Accuracy on the PC is far superior. I love sniping but I'm only meh at it on console shooters.

Broke down and got BF4 and it's pretty...but my computer can't handle the 64 person multiplayer.
    So now I'm waiting for all my new computer parts and after all this upgrade I'm sure I can run it on Ultra no problem. I'm super stoked. I'm essentially rebuilding my whole computer. Only thing that is staying the same is the HD, mobo, and my graphic card (which I'm getting another of to run SLI)

Even on low graphic settings the campaign is super pretty and I like the gameplay.
    Nicole
    Street: 08 Suzuki SV650S
    08 Kawi Ninja 500 *SOLD*
    Track: 03 Yamaha R6

MRA corner worker

i was disappointed in the campaign story. my favorite campaigns are still mw2, blops1, mw1 in order.

my biggest gripes are the maps being too big and the removal of ground war. map design is pretty sweet though, i enjoy them minus the overall size. titanfall and strikezone are tits being so small. especially when strikezone gets nuked and you play in the ruins/wasteland

not many of my friends play BF4 so i will probably just give it a whirl after black friday when its $30.
    ~Scott #119

I've long been in the COD camp, but I jumped ship and got BF4 for the PC instead. Graphics (on ultra everything) are absolutely stunning. Gameplay is balanced and spawn point are a non-issue.

That being said, they need to patch, b a d. I have trouble getting into a server and maintaining a good connection. Lag is sometimes an issue. I have CenturyLink 40D/5U... latency should be a non-issue (and is a non-issue for all other games).

Sum it up... love BF4... bad logistics (for PC anyways).
    2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    i was disappointed in the campaign story. my favorite campaigns are still mw2, blops1, mw1 in order.

my biggest gripes are the maps being too big and the removal of ground war. map design is pretty sweet though, i enjoy them minus the overall size. titanfall and strikezone are tits being so small. especially when strikezone gets nuked and you play in the ruins/wasteland

not many of my friends play BF4 so i will probably just give it a whirl after black friday when its $30.
    Wow! I'm surprised you don't like Ghosts Campaign. I absolutely love it, for me it's the best I've played so far. I'm not all the way through it but the 7 or 8 missions I've done are great. Love the storyline and graphics. Also you get to see how the maps from Multiplayer have made it over. Which is something I wished Black Ops 2 would have done more and that was bring maps into Multiplayer that were or would be based on settings from Campaign.

That being said, I enjoy this Campaign even more than MW2 and MW3. Never liked Black Ops 1 Campaign, and in fact really liked Black Ops 2 Campaign a lot more than BO1. Maybe it was the storyline of being the son of Alex Mason and using all the cool new futuristic weapons and what not. I liked the flashbacks to Alex Mason but that was it as far as going back. I will say this much, I really did enjoy the Horse riding mission with the Afghans.

But as far as the whole "Ghosts" theme is and storyline is playing out, I'm just eating it up. Love how it's transpired and what cause Ghosts to become Ghosts. I think even though it's a bit cliche, having a rogue Ghost as the main antagonist, is great and adds to the excitement of getting to the next mission. And who wouldn't love to have a Dog(Riley) that is so bad ass, he rips out the enemies throats on command.

That's what I plan on doing as well for Black Friday, snagging Battlefield 4 and at least playing the Campaign. Not really interested in the Multiplayer part, as I'm dedicated to Call of Duty for that aspect.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

That's a good idea. Maybe I'll swipe up COD for console for black Friday