Thread: "Mambulance" / Wambulance / rrrAmbulance

"Mambulance" / Wambulance / rrrAmbulance

Helpful hints to pass emissions? 7.3 Diesal, Non Turbo, Non Powerstroke.
    Zero Shift 2% Opacity
    40 MPH 76% Opacity
    50 MPH 35% Opacity
    60 MPH 04% Opacity

So far we put in new O rings on all injectors; cleaned them really good; our in a new Fuel Rail; New air filter. I have just found these hints also: but what's your experiance?

"""1. Biodiesel Run B80.
    2. Leane the fuel air mixture. Adjusting the fuel injector pump is a chore. It can make the engine gutless though.
    3. Prior to running the biodiesel; run Seafoam or equevalent through the tank.
    4. Changed the fuel filter.
    5. Checked the air filter.
    6. Ran the vehicle at highway speed for 30 minutes immediately prior to the test to get it properly warmed up. """"""
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Re: "Mambulance" / Wambulance / rrrAmbulance

The easiest way to pass emissions is to get a vehicle which is "Colorado Emission Exempt" like mine...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

@Kim-n-Dean,

thanks for answering the question.... #1. Also, thank you for suggestion a reasonable option #2. Also, thank you for providing specifics on your formula to success, so that it could be duplicated.... #3.

@DemonRider,
    Which shop have you taken it to? I would recommend you take it to a dieselshop with a good reputation, like ATS. If this was a gas engine, I could help, but I know very little about Diesel. As far I understand how they measure opacity, the combustion temperature is too low, because the engine is running too rich, which could be anything from low oil-pressure in actuating the injectors, to a contaminated O2 sensor, to something being wrong with the transmission/torque converter... I see that at 40mph it is 76%, the highest, which means that it's probably in a low gear, and the engine is revving pretty high, producing a lot of smoke, maybe a transmission flush would be the fix? Or maybe a brake pad is dragging, causing the engine to work harder, producing more smoke under a heavier than normal strain... However, a pro shop should be able to tell you, and give you a quote which will list everything that needs to be done to fix it...
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Just curious..how long have you owned it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    @Kim-n-Dean,

thanks for answering the question.... #1. Also, thank you for suggestion a reasonable option #2. Also, thank you for providing specifics on your formula to success, so that it could be duplicated.... #3.
    You are very welcome!

@DemonRider,
    Which shop have you taken it to? I would recommend you take it to a dieselshop with a good reputation, like ATS.
    ATS has a horrible reputation. Drive by just about any performance diesel shop and take a look at all the trucks with ATS stickers waiting to be worked on.

Or maybe a brake pad is dragging, causing the engine to work harder,
    If a brake pad were dragging enough to make the engine "work harder", that wheel would be on fire...
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Tue Nov 19th, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    If a brake pad were dragging enough to make the engine "work harder", that wheel would be on fire...
    True. I had one stick as I was coming back from skiing. When I stopped at the bottom of the mountain the whole tire was smoking and the rotor was BRIGHT RED. Glad I stopped before I had driven too far!

Have owned it about a month or so; I'll be putting some work into it including brakes and obviously other things now. The good thing is the block/heads no longer appears to be the issue that we were/are experiencing :-)

I will keep on looking and hopefully I can get it over to a shop just wanna keep cost down as much as possible. I do need to do some Basic stuff in the mean time; DMV don't give you much time to get things done when registering so was trying to do everything in there time line but that's now out the door ......

€~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRider View Post
    Have owned it about a month or so; I'll be putting some work into it including brakes and obviously other things now. The good thing is the block/heads no longer appears to be the issue that we were/are experiencing :-)

I will keep on looking and hopefully I can get it over to a shop just wanna keep cost down as much as possible. I do need to do some Basic stuff in the mean time; DMV don't give you much time to get things done when registering so was trying to do everything in there time line but that's now out the door ......
    I wondered what happened to that rig. I'm pretty sure I left a bag of weed in that thing. If you find it, I would like it back. It was some pretty good shit...
    Kim & Dean

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRider View Post
    Helpful hints to pass emissions? 7.3 Diesal, Non Turbo, Non Powerstroke.
    Zero Shift 2% Opacity
    40 MPH 76% Opacity
    50 MPH 35% Opacity
    60 MPH 04% Opacity

So far we put in new O rings on all injectors; cleaned them really good; our in a new Fuel Rail; New air filter. I have just found these hints also: but what's your experiance?

"""1. Biodiesel Run B80.
    2. Leane the fuel air mixture. Adjusting the fuel injector pump is a chore. It can make the engine gutless though.
    3. Prior to running the biodiesel; run Seafoam or equevalent through the tank.
    4. Changed the fuel filter.
    5. Checked the air filter.
    6. Ran the vehicle at highway speed for 30 minutes immediately prior to the test to get it properly warmed up. """"""
    I ran a 6.0l PowerStroke for 8 years, and while I can't provide three points of recommendations like Spooph requires, I can tell you what I would do beyond what you have already done before taking it to a shop. I've seen/heard this specific truck, so I think this is something you can clean up a little bit.

Compression-ignition efficiency is something you can manipulate through cetane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetane_number). You can increase your diesels efficiency by simply buying "cetane booster" and mixing it with a known-good tank of fuel. Also, these oil-actuated injectors can get bitchy if you have oil that has lost its viscosity, is the wrong weight or is perhaps aggravated by a tired high-pressure oil system. Change the oil; the injectors will love you for it.

As for shops to take it to, I agree with Kim-n-Dean, ATS isn't what they perhaps were rumored to be. I've heard better things about Douglas County Diesel, but if you get down that avenue, I'll be happy to share with you the gentlemen I'll let touch my truck in Ft. Lupton.

Not a complete answer, but some suggestions I felt needed mentioning.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Maybe Dean's bag of weed ended up in the fuel tank somehow.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Just blame everything on the German guy you bought it from... Haha. Shit, I think I might have left a bag of weed in that bitch as well. Awh... I miss those Abasin beach days!!!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Talk to Chris at Factory Trained Auto Repair in Arvada. He's a Ford diesel god, and can get you sorted out. Tell him I referred you. There is one guy at a dealer who touches my truck while under warranty, otherwise it's Chris. I even took the new truck to Chris for some assistance with something.

http://www.factorytrainedautorepair.com/

Also like Tylar said, try some Cetane booster. Ford sells PM-22 at their dealerships, not too expensive. I run Optilube XPD additive with every tank, which boosts Cetane, demulsifies water, anti-gels, and lubricates the fuel system. Also use good fuel. If that shit has been in your tank for a while it's probably oxidized.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    There is one guy at a dealer who touches my truck while under warranty, otherwise it's Chris.
    Would that be Patrick at Courtesy?
    Kim & Dean

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Would that be Patrick at Courtesy?
    It would.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...