Thread: Pueblo Friday trackday. 1/2 price

Pueblo Friday trackday. 1/2 price

There is a bike/car day on Friday and it is 2 for 1. I am looking for some one to split the $100 winter price with. I will be running my car.

Re: Pueblo Friday trackday. 1/2 price

I can do Saturday but not Friday

Some day you might even get there, until then keep talking about it.

Bueller,

Do PMI still require you to have the "safety" certification class(that was brought about around 2007 if I remember correctly), in order to get on the track??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Not really sure what is required, but they state the class is for people with no track experience. My race license covers me but I don't know what else they accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Not really sure what is required, but they state the class is for people with no track experience. My race license covers me but I don't know what else they accept.
    O.k. sounds good. I'll just have to call down there and do some digging. I've got plenty of track experience. My friend Eli and I used to run with the racers in the racer sessions all the time when we went. We know about proper track etiquette and so forth. We aren't noobs, so was just interested in what PMI requires now. I remember it was after the 2006 year that they started requiring the Safety Course they offered or if you had the MRA license that qualified as well. It's the main reason I never went back to the track. Would love to do the MRA class(just never have the time) but I didn't feel I needed to shell out $150 for a "Safety Class" just to be taught info I already know. Would much rather put the $150 towards an MRA license.

I mean even if I could talk to someone who runs the track and show up and do a few laps to show them I'm not a greenhorn on that track.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    O.k. sounds good. I'll just have to call down there and do some digging. I've got plenty of track experience. My friend Eli and I used to run with the racers in the racer sessions all the time when we went. We know about proper track etiquette and so forth. We aren't noobs, so was just interested in what PMI requires now. I remember it was after the 2006 year that they started requiring the Safety Course they offered or if you had the MRA license that qualified as well. It's the main reason I never went back to the track. Would love to do the MRA class(just never have the time) but I didn't feel I needed to shell out $150 for a "Safety Class" just to be taught info I already know. Would much rather put the $150 towards an MRA license.

I mean even if I could talk to someone who runs the track and show up and do a few laps to show them I'm not a greenhorn on that track.
    interesting. I helped run a large number of these classes during that time and never charged anything above what the person paid for a track fee for it. The people heading it up were trying to make track days considerably safer in Colorado in the wake of a number of very serious accidents around that time, mostly due to unsupervised tracks and untrained riders. Everyone I know who was teaching was volunteering their time to do so. I wonder where the 150 fee you're quoting came from?

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    interesting. I helped run a large number of these classes during that time and never charged anything above what the person paid for a track fee for it. The people heading it up were trying to make track days considerably safer in Colorado in the wake of a number of very serious accidents around that time, mostly due to unsupervised tracks and untrained riders. Everyone I know who was teaching was volunteering their time to do so. I wonder where the 150 fee you're quoting came from?
    yeah that's what I got told the cost would be and never really had any interest after that. Can't say for sure who it was as it's been so long ago and not even sure it was someone in charge of anything. So I just quit going and have never been back. Yeah I remember the causes of concern in that time period so I understood the need for greater safety and training.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

What I found on the PMI site:
    All drivers and riders must demonstrate one of the following:
    - Written proof of a sanctioned race body membership (SCCA, NASA, MRA, RMVR, BMWCCA, PCA etc.)
    - Written proof of test n tune, open lapping or DE participation clearing you for open passing
    - Attend a track safety orientation class – provided by PMP once a month
    - Be listed on the track maintained “white list” of approved drivers and riders

For those looking to do this on the cheap, I used to be an SCCA member and it was not very expensive. Also, it says written proof of test and tune. Not sure why that would count, considering it's drag racing, but I've got plenty of times lips someone can have if they'd like. Maybe it'll work?

I went with no proof of track experience. They do ask though, just tell the truth. They're EXTREMELY laid back at PMP which is good for the experienced trackers, but maybe not for the newbies that need direction. I didn't take their safety course so I can't speak much for it. I've been to many track days though. They'll know if you were lying on your first lap out....

I really hope nobody tries to skip out on the 1 one time safety course. I think it'll help anyone coming in from street riding, any level. You'll feel way more confident and want so much more track time after your first day. It's cheaper now than it will be any other time of year so just dew eeet
    Last edited by rockerphotographer; Thu Nov 28th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.

This safety class looks to be an introduction to track riding which is an essential for the new to the track rider/driver. If you have an experienced friend or mentor that will work with you that is great but if not take the class. The life you save might be your own.

Lapping days are often referred to as test and tune, and I highly doubt time slips are going to carry any weight toward road course experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    This safety class looks to be an introduction to track riding which is an essential for the new to the track rider/driver. If you have an experienced friend or mentor that will work with you that is great but if not take the class. The life you save might be your own.

Lapping days are often referred to as test and tune, and I highly doubt time slips are going to carry any weight toward road course experience.
    O.k. cool, thanks for all the info guys. I'll just have to talk to those in charge when I make it down there for a track day. I don't have proof of track days, but was at PMI from 2005 through 2006 and even managed a day at the now closed La Junta track back in 2006. Last time I was at the track, was when Earlene and company ran the track...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Was that r6 Eli ?

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Was that r6 Eli ?
    gsxr-r1000 black/silver
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Oh ok. Used ride Pmp with guy named Eli back in the day but he had a blue r6 with a tail with flames on it or something like that.

Bueller,
    have you found a buddy yet?
    Also, are there just 2 sessions (bikes, cars) or 3 sessions (bikes, cars, cars) like willyB? I've never done combined track days at pueblo.
    I'm on the fence at the moment, trying to figure out if I can pull this off.
    -marsh
    2007 Buell XB9 Ligntning - Street
    2009 Ninja 250 - track
    MRA Cornerworker since 2009

Marsh, Bueller is going to HPR but I'll be going to PMP and still need a partner. I'm not sure how they do it, but I doubt there will be very many people there, and certainly not very many bikes. I'll be in my Jeep, the bike is away for the winter.

Yep HPR Friday in the car, and possibly Sat. on the bike if I get my tires swapped out.
    Gotta go with the free days.

Pueblo just rotates 2 sessions, last time there was 1 bike.