Thread: Ford Focus ST

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Ford Focus ST

Well, I finally did it, I picked up a new car. I still have the old Subaru for those crappy days, so this is the fun time nice weather car.

2014 Ford Focus ST (ST3)

As it sat at the dealer.

Had them throw a tint on it, then picked it up that night.

Took the Focus badge off and threw a Marco sticker on the rear window along with some black/white Ford emblems.

A review on the car. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t_first_drive/

So far it's been a great car. The suspension is REALLY stiff in the mornings and is pretty bouncy, but that goes away once it warms up. The power on it is very smooth and manageable. You'd think that throwing 250hp and 270ft/lbs through the front wheels would be a pain to drive, but they did a really good job with it. I've taken it through some corners to see how it handles and it just tracks through the corner. The understeer of most FWD cars is basically non-existent. I stay away from FWD cars just because of that, but this thing handles it beautifully. Planning on taking it out to HPR to see how she handles out there on the track and how the lap times compare to my times on the R1.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Re: Ford Focus ST

Very nice. I saw one around Southlands the other day and was quite impressed with it.

I've NEVER been a Focus fan, hated the things. But saw this and fell in love. It helps that my roommate works at a Ford dealership and was able to let me live with one for about a day and a half to see if I liked it. The Recaros are a little tight on my hips, but they feel good everywhere else. Guess that's more motivation to lose some more weight.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'd probably have to lose a lot of weight :-( I might try and talk the wife into one in the spring, though. She's like the Ford's more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    I'd probably have to lose a lot of weight :-( I might try and talk the wife into one in the spring, though. She's like the Ford's more and more.
    I'm 6'2" 225. My shoulders and back fit great, it's just the hip/upper leg area that gives me issues. This is the ST3, so it has the leather Recaros. The ST1 model has the regular Focus seats, but you lose the MyFord Touch.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Trailing throttle oversteer!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Trailing throttle oversteer!
    The tail does like to come around on it..... not that I've tested it or anything.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Congrats on the new ride, Wickwire!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Unless that thing has a rocket in it your laptimes will not even come close to your bike. my best on the ninja 250 was @ 2:14. The best my totally stock Mustang 4.6L was 2:24.

Congrats on the new car.....

Side note, Bueller, what'd you run at PMP? I ran 1:50 flat with 5 people in my EVO IX, completely stock except a TBE.

2:00.03
    got some new 18" wheels and sticky rubber ordered and a cold air intake and a tuner coming. we'll see what that does.

love those especially in white. the NASA time trials record at HPR is 1:54.xxx e36 bmw 328 with an s54. braking points are terrifying in it but it can hardly pull 130 down the back straight
    ~Scott #119

Hey Wicky, I read in my Ford magazine that Focus and Fiesta ST buyers can attend ST driving school at Miller for no cost. You drive the schools vehicles so just need to get yourself there. Def worth looking into. Site below.

http://www.stoctaneacademy.com/
    John
    KTM Duke 690

John
    KTM Duke 690

Already signed up for the updates the week I got it. They're still hashing out details, so no official word on dates yet.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825