Thread: 09-11 R-1 exhaust ?'s

09-11 R-1 exhaust ?'s

Hey all my fellow crossplaners,

I've been studying exhaust systems heavily for a few weeks and quite frankly I'm no closer to making a decision now versus when I first started looking. Judging from the plethora of YouTube clips I think it's going to come down to gytr or graves link. But I'm still eyeing arrow as well. Does anybody have on of the three 3/4 systems or full system? If so I'd really appreciate your thoughts on the subject. Also, does the header really make that much of a difference? I've noticed that it most certainly makes a difference to my check book if I purchase the full system at once versus cat delete kit then a header.

Thoughts?
    Hell bent for leather and cheap knee pucks!

Re: 09-11 R-1 exhaust ?'s

In the end, it's really going to come down to what you want to look at and hear. I'm pretty sure all aftermarket exhausts only make these gen R1's sound better, so you really can't go wrong. That Graves link system would be my choice, if I were to put a new system on mine, I think it looks great and Graves make superb R1 products. I've got Yoshi slip-ons and a Y-pipe on, essentially making it a 3/4 system. Add a Flash-Tuned ECU and you'll be set. The headers are already Ti, so I don't think a full system is necessary, but if you've got the cash and want it, why not. Join the R1 forum, read up on Flash-Tune and talk to some vendors about prices on cans (I'm sure you can get a good deal this time of year).

The Graves system is mega bucks. I have the Leo Vince Titanium Corsa full system and I couldn't be happier. Before that I had some yosh slip ons that sounded great as well. Just make sure if you go anything more than a slip on you need to re flash or get a PC3

I've already got the flash tune interface, just need the weather to warm up and I'll get to mapping. I've got a few maps from the r1-forum, but no chance to test. I'm thinking 3/4 system is the way to go. I've read some headers will require removal or loosening of the header to do just a filter change. No bueno! And yes the graves link system is expensive, almost full system price with an arrow set up. But the sound is so bad a$$!
    Hell bent for leather and cheap knee pucks!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Leo Vince has treated me well on multiple bikes over the years. The systems work well, install exactly as they should and sound good