Thread: Appliance Repair Tech

Senior Member Yearly Supporter FZ1Guy's Avatar

Appliance Repair Tech

Hi,

Does anyone know if we have a appliance repair person doing work on the side? I have a Frigidaire refrigerator with ice and water thru the freezer door. The problem is that the water no longer dispenses, the ice maker is working and dispensing fine. I just replaced the dual cartridge water filter to see if that would help... but to no avail.

Let me know if you can help on the cheap. Will be paying cash for repair.

Thanks,

Jeff Kistner - 720-841-7410 cell
    Ridin' and Lovin' Life
    2007 Yamaha FZ1

Re: Appliance Repair Tech

Did you check for a frozen water line in the door? If you google your problem, that comes up as fairly common. There are other suggestions too, if you google it. My parents had a repair person come out for their fridge, and just ringing the door bell was $100....
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Senior Member Yearly Supporter FZ1Guy's Avatar

Re: Appliance Repair Tech

Yes, Filo... you were right. The line was frozen in the door. I had noticed that water stream flow seemed to get slower and slower. I took a hair drier to the inside and outside of the door where the water line goes thru.... heated the whole area for about 30-40 minutes and sure enough the water began to flow again... yea!!! I then let a LOT of water go thru the dispenser and small chunks of ice came out for about the next hour of flushing. The dispenser works better than ever now... Thanks to the Awesome CSC people
    Ridin' and Lovin' Life
    2007 Yamaha FZ1