View Poll Results: Should the CSC still participate in the Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 53.85%
  • No

12 46.15%

Thread: St. Patrick's Day Parade Changes! Poll Closed - UPDATE!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: St. Patrick's Day Parade Changes! Do We Still Want to Participate? Please Read &

Such a great time that we have and the kids love the bikes, why limit the only biker group they have? Oh yes don't limit those big as semi trucks and what not. Plus even in split groups it's still the same amount of bikes, what an idiotic thing to do. I'll still ride it cause it's fun as hell if I can find a bike. Bee having a blast these past 4 years.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: St. Patrick's Day Parade Changes! Do We Still Want to Participate? Please Read &

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    To be fair, that's probably because someone needed a half-block to get up into a block-long wheelie.
    Now that you mention it...

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Such a great time that we have and the kids love the bikes, why limit the only biker group they have? Oh yes don't limit those big as semi trucks and what not. Plus even in split groups it's still the same amount of bikes, what an idiotic thing to do. I'll still ride it cause it's fun as hell if I can find a bike. Bee having a blast these past 4 years.
    The only motorcycle group they have?!? They have an award for Best Motorcycle Entry... in the 12 years we've been participating in the parade, we've only ever won it twice. Just because you don't see any other motorcycles in the staging area, doesn't mean there aren't any - it's a big staging area... trust me, we are definitely not the only motorcycle group! And the new rule applies to any entry comprised entirely of motorized vehicles (think car clubs & motorcycles). Semi's don't fall into that category because it's not about the semi, it's about the float the semi is pulling, and each float is a separate entry. And finally, it's not about reducing the number of vehicles - it's about mixing things up more, so the spectators feel like their seeing more variety. Think of it this way - if you had to watch 3 hours worth of television commercials, and you had to watch each commercial 10 times, would you rather watch each commercial 10 times in a row, or mix them up so no 2 commercials in a row are the same?
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Now that you mention it...

The only motorcycle group they have?!? They have an award for Best Motorcycle Entry... in the 12 years we've been participating in the parade, we've only ever won it twice. Just because you don't see any other motorcycles in the staging area, doesn't mean there aren't any - it's a big staging area... trust me, we are definitely not the only motorcycle group! And the new rule applies to any entry comprised entirely of motorized vehicles (think car clubs & motorcycles). Semi's don't fall into that category because it's not about the semi, it's about the float the semi is pulling, and each float is a separate entry. And finally, it's not about reducing the number of vehicles - it's about mixing things up more, so the spectators feel like their seeing more variety. Think of it this way - if you had to watch 3 hours worth of television commercials, and you had to watch each commercial 10 times, would you rather watch each commercial 10 times in a row, or mix them up so no 2 commercials in a row are the same?
    Okay well I'm still in if this goes down, plus we are the best sport bike club bro, who are they? Pfff! Lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold