Thread: The Yamaha Champions Riding School...Relaunched!!

The Yamaha Champions Riding School...Relaunched!!

Hi all...it's been a crazy winter!! When the Miller track opted to close YCRS we had a zillion people jump in to keep it rolling. We talked to tracks all across the nation and the unanimous choice was New Jersey Motorsports Park.

I know it's a bit of a flight (Philly or Atlantic City) from CO, but the tracks are awesome, the infrastructure world-class and the enthusiasm from the track management was wholehearted. Business minds will also realize we are within three hours of major population centers...

This is not a sales pitch for YCRS...find a graduate and ask them if it's worth it. Check out the testimonials on www.ridelikeachampion.com or our Face Book page. We keep the school small and hire instructors who have only one mandate: Help the students rider better!

We have added Chris Peris and Larry Pegram as instructors...you probably already know but Mark Schellinger and Shane Turpin are two of our main boys. You will ride our R6s and we have rental gear if you need it.

Two main challenges: Getting word out that we're at NJMP...and letting street riders know that we are not a racing school! Each class will have street and track riders, so if you know someone struggling in this sport, send them our way.

Thanks...Nick Ienatsch
    www.ridelikeachampion.com

Re: The Yamaha Champions Riding School...Relaunched!!

YCRS is worth every penny that I paid for it, so if any of you guys are on the fence about it, I would highly recommend pulling the trigger. I thoroughly enjoyed it (and learned a lot) when I did it in Vegas a couple of years ago.

NJMP is an awesome track. Good decision to have it there. There are alot of track day riders in that area. I remeber having to sign up 3months ahead to reserve a spot with NESBA. You also have team promotion as competition. And WERA is big in the area too. It should be pretty easy to fill the day with riders.
    06 Daytona 675 race
    01 red R6 #10
    86 FJ1200 #10
    06 MV Brutale 910s
    06 Honda CRF450r
    01 Yamaha YZ125
    64 Ducati 250

Quote Originally Posted by BadR6Man View Post
    NJMP is an awesome track. Good decision to have it there. There are alot of track day riders in that area. I remeber having to sign up 3months ahead to reserve a spot with NESBA. You also have team promotion as competition. And WERA is big in the area too. It should be pretty easy to fill the day with riders.
    Yes, the mc enthusiasm around NJMP is huge and YCRS has done six schools there over the last three years. Ask the NESBA control riders what our school did for them...NESBA filled three of the six schools with their people.

We have a terrific and growing relationship with Team Pro Motion track days and Absolute track days...we are not interested in competing with track-day organizations...we want to help them grow by instructing their control riders AND their customers. The last 17 years have shown us that the better people ride, the more they enjoy the sport...healthy riders take more track days, buy more tires and helmets, buy new bikes. Huh...what a concept: Grow our sport by keeping its members healthy!!!

-Nick Ienatsch www.ridelikeachampion.com