Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is why I normally dont hang with most hayabusa riders

Re: This is why I normally dont hang with most hayabusa riders

I beg to differ on them beating every bike on this forum, the above zx14 is a perfect example. Please feel free to show up at the track with any of those cars which will end the arguement of just reading unreliable statistic out of magazines. I always get a kick out of people quoating magazine horsepower and performance that was done in optimum conditions and with professional riders. For example a 2013 BMW S1000RR will not even see anything close to 200hp here in colorado at this altitude, be lucky to squeeze 150 HP out of it without any mods.
    Last edited by Husky; Sun Apr 27th, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles

That actually helps the car argument. First, the S1000RR will turn out 165hp at this altitude. The 911 Turbo varies boost with altitude, among several other factors of course, and can actually see quite close to it's sea level power at altitude. It'll come with quite a bit later timing and lag, but once going can get damn close. And even at the same boost levels it only loses half as much power as a N/A car with altitude.

But while quoting the numbers, we're doing so at sea level since that's where those numbers are adjusted to or taken at. The fact that we're at 7,000 ft just means the 911 probably won't have a problem walking a ZX-14 or S1000RR, especially as speeds get higher and the car gets more of an advantage.

I get a kick out of people that think something will walk away from something else without so much as having a bit of experience at doing so other than just reading magazines and specs and than get in heated arguments without having a clue. LOL! Your fact that we are at 7000 ft altitude has nothing to do with the fact that the corrected altitude is contiually changing at any track due to weather and atmospheric pressues that can have the altitude range anywhere form 5000- 9000 feet at the same location and same day.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste going back and forth with this endless arguement cause its difficult to get into a battle of wits with a unarmed man.

Please feel free to show up at the track with any of those cars, yours, your friends or anyone elses that will supposedly walk away from any bike on this forum. I am very easy to find and am at the track every wed at tnt and fri/sat at the races. Oh, yes there is also a little 110lbs gal there on a little ugly busa that will be happy to show how slow she is compared to those cars. Will be at the track waiting with great anticipation and not wasting anymore replies to this dead agrument.
    Last edited by Husky; Sun Apr 27th, 2014 at 02:54 PM.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Husky View Post
    Anyway, I'm not going to waste going back and forth with this endless arguement cause its difficult to get into a battle of wits with a unarmed man.
    I think I found my new signature! Slightly edited for grammar/spelling/punctuation, but still completely relevant! Thanks for that!

Im still laughing hard at this post lol!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    My .02 cents..

I can see both sides of the argument here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's the whole point of freedom of speech, if you see something and you absolutely can't stand the sight of it, you should be allowed to voice your own opinion. Also, just as everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so is this guy or gal in making their Hayabusa the length of a Greyhound bus(for whatever reason, though I can't think of one logical one). To each their own absolutely, just don't tell me your "own" is right, is how I look at it.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead on that bike. That bike is a testament to just how wrong some of our sportbike culture has gone. However, if it's what makes that person happy. More power to them, I guess.

In regards to stunters or "stunna's", I've never had a real problem with them. I figure if that's what they are into, great. It's not for me and never will be. Popping a long wheelie or rockin a stoppie has never interested me and never will. I had an appreciation for people who like to stunt because they do something that I honestly can't do, but something that I never will apply myself to learn to do. For me I, only ever cared about going faster and faster. To me, dragging my knee around a corner gives me a raging hard one and always will. When at the track, nailing each corner the best that I can gives me the ultimate rush and I've been addicted ever since.

I think we all can agree though most Subie drivers are d-bags.

Have to agree with MDub, you're right! The white sunglasses are very common among them.

Subaru Rules of the Road:
    1. White sunglasses
    2. Flat brim hat, either sitting normal on head or slightly cocked to the side to give that "I've just been smacked in the face look".
    3. Pencil thin beard
    4. Some form of rap music cranked up
    5. Weigh 150lbs or less, (I mean really?? Don't they all look anorexic?)
    6. Blow off valve that everyone can hear, then look around to make sure everyone is looking
    7. Loud fart cannon exhaust, to coincide with #6, to really capture everyone's attention
    8. Wife beater shirt(optional these days)
    9. Race every performance car that I see going down the road, whether the other driver knows there's a race going on or not, then claim victory to all your other D-bag driver friends
    10. Lower the car to the ground so it drags on manhole covers
    11. Believe your car is the fastest thing on the road, and the best invention since sliced bread
    12. Achieve maximum d-bag status

The funny thing is, one of my good friends is an avid Subaru guy. Had a WRX, then an STi and he never fit the mold I just described. I asked him, why is it he's the one normal Subie driver I've ever seen and why do all the other guys look so "ricey"? He said he was stumped as well, he hated the persona that the tuner cars projected.

I think that's one segment of the population that I honestly can't stand and have disdain for and that's the Tuner Car crowd. It all started with the Fast and Furious(basically Point Break except with cars and really bad acting) movies and it's just gone South since. You see all the tuner crowd traveling in packs down the road, or my favorite and this is no lie. I've actually seen them in a V formation going down Acadmey Blvd. I mean really?? Who does f**kin does that???

Honestly though, there's D-bags in all segments of life. You've got "Big lifted truck guy", "Riced out tuner car guy", "Wears a mohawk on helmet squid guy", "Merica! muscle car guy", "It's a Jeep thing guy", "Political stickers all over my car guy", "Ballin and ridin on 24's guy", "Guy who wants to go to the track but never makes it guy"(LOL!! just messing with you Aaron ), "I can drink anyone under the table guy", "Likes to fight guy", "NCAA brackets guy", "Softball guy", "One up guy", hell I can go on and on.

Oh yeah, "writes long winded comments on internet forums guy"

I actually read that whole post from Black Knight....That is FUNNY!! Glad I am not any Guy on that list.