Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is why I normally dont hang with most hayabusa riders

Re: This is why I normally dont hang with most hayabusa riders

I have a serious track oriented bike, and it's never been to the track, and spends 98% of it's time commuting. So much so that I only run sport-touring tires. And I put a touring windscreen, helibars, a Sargeant seat, rearsets, and a throttle lock just to make it more comfortable. It also has heated grips and a 5v charger. Hate on hatas!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I have a serious track oriented bike, and it's never been to the track, and spends 98% of it's time commuting. So much so that I only run sport-touring tires. And I put a touring windscreen, helibars, a Sargeant seat, rearsets, and a throttle lock just to make it more comfortable. It also has heated grips and a 5v charger. Hate on hatas!
    But your bike was already sexy to start with. The Busa, not so much.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

If he really wanted to be cool he should install a bucket seat on that swingarm and then he can carry an extra passanger too
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Man I love how all of y'all hate on someone when they're not using a sportbike the way "YOU" think they should be... If a guy wants to stunt his gsxr 600, let him. If a guy wants to stretch his Busa, who cares?!? Half of y'all have sportbikes with 2 inch chicken strips and just commute to work. Why the fuck would you buy a sportbike?! I don't stunt anymore and the stretched out look isn't my thing. But the last thing I'm going to do is hate on a guy for riding!!!
    I'm going to disagree slightly with you here, Matty. I don't think most people here have a problem with what has been done to the bike. I think it has more to do with how we classify riders that do this type of thing to their bike. This may seem highly assumptive on my part, but I think it goes without saying that when people choose to modify their bikes after this fashion they are usually attached to a segment of the sport bike community who have done very little to contribute to a positive image for our sport. The guy who owns this Hayabusa may very well be a stand-up person, but I know I would have a difficult time looking at his bike and not associating him with the stunting, city shut-down, gangster types who make it a pain in the ass for respectable riders who simply want to get out and enjoy their time on two wheels. For this reason I have a difficult time respecting the statement his bike makes. It represents most of the things I find reprehensible within our community, and I have no problem speaking out about it.

Now we could debate about whether those of us who carve canyons are any better or worse for the image than the stunting crowd, but there is no denying who gets the most publicity, and it's hardly ever good press. A gang of riders blocking all lanes on a freeway in order to stunt whilst ignoring and outright impeding law enforcement brings nothing but stricter sanctions down on all of us. Simultaneously they have no problem intimidating cagers who may simply be trying to get from A to B. In my book, they are a detriment to our sport and I think they should be discouraged from riding at all. I highly doubt I'm the only one here that feels that way. Like I said, this is highly assumptive. It's also a massive generalization, but stupid is as stupid does.
    Last edited by Drano; Thu Apr 10th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Agree 100%

fuck stunters, I hate them and won't associate with them. They can go die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    I'm going to disagree slightly with you here, Matty. I don't think most people here have a problem with what has been done to the bike. I think it has more to do with how we classify riders that do this type of thing to their bike. This may seem highly assumptive on my part, but I think it goes without saying that when people choose to modify their bikes after this fashion they are usually attached to a segment of the sport bike community who have done very little to contribute to a positive image for our sport. The guy who owns this Hayabusa may very well be a stand-up person, but I know I would have a difficult time looking at his bike and not associating him with the stunting, city shut-down, gangster types who make it a pain in the ass for respectable riders who simply want to get out and enjoy their time on two wheels. For this reason I have a difficult time respecting the statement his bike makes. It represents most of the things I find reprehensible within our community, and I have no problem speaking out about it.

Now we could debate about whether those of us who carve canyons are any better or worse for the image than the stunting crowd, but there is no denying who gets the most publicity, and it's hardly ever good press. A gang of riders blocking all lanes on a freeway in order to stunt whilst ignoring and outright impeding law enforcement brings nothing but stricter sanctions down on all of us. Simultaneously they have no problem intimidating cagers who may simply be trying to get from A to B. In my book, they are a detriment to our sport and I think they should be discouraged from riding at all. I highly doubt I'm the only one here that feels that way. Like I said, this is highly assumptive. It's also a massive generalization, but stupid is as stupid does.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Agree 100%

fuck stunters, I hate them and won't associate with them. They can go die in a fire.
    Harsh, Clovis, very harsh! I'd never go so far as to say I hate them or wish death upon them. I'd simply prefer it if they went back to driving WRXs like all of the other douchebags.

I'd simply prefer it if they went back to driving WRXs like all of the other douchebags.
    Lmao.
    ​2006 Honda CBR1000RR
    2000 Honda CBR600F4 (wife's)

2008 Buell 1125R - Sold
    2005 Honda RC51 - Sold
    2003 Honda CBR954RR - RIP
    2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 - Sold
    2007 Suzuki GS500F - RIP

Hey I've met some cool stunters but like in every motorcycle rider crowd there's the bunch that doesn't put a very good image. Will agree with Matty in a sense here and well let people do what they want, hell is their money and if it makes them happy then cool. The particular rider may not be into functionality and loves exaggerated shit, it is what it is. Be happy for the guy/girl, move on and now go ride your bikes lol... riding> talking shit lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Ha! Well played sir.

Harsh, Clovis, very harsh! I'd never go so far as to say I hate them or wish death upon them. I'd simply prefer it if they went back to driving WRXs like all of the other douchebags.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

That's good shit. That's probably what they all drive. With their loud pipes as well. Is it just me or does every fucking Subaru sound the same. Anytime I hear that same exhaust note I tell my wife oh that must be a Subaru then 10 seconds later when the car catches up with the sound of their exhaust its always a Subaru. I recently modified the can on my ninja and it didn't get obnoxious loud but I did it to change the note a bit and it also makes it look more aesthetically pleasing since the yoshimura can stuck out like a boner. I figured I'd say that before anyone then ragged on me for going looks over function since I just bashed on Subaru's and their obnoxious exhausts.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

-Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Subis are awesome. I would not get the wagon type. I never payed atttn to their sounds. It just baffles me that prerequisite is to have white frame sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    It just baffles me that prerequisite is to have white frame sunglasses.
    No those are for dudes who drive lifted trucks and/or mustang convertibles!!!

i might be be biased but I thought my old STi hatchback looked and sounded pretty good!

Last edited by Matty; Fri Apr 11th, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Subis are not awesome. They simply have AWD. You can get AWD on a 475hp Jeep, a 450hp Audi, a 300hp BMW, and just about every other make out there. Including the Porsche that'll beat every bike on this forum to 60.

I actually like like the flat 4 sound.

My .02 cents..

I can see both sides of the argument here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's the whole point of freedom of speech, if you see something and you absolutely can't stand the sight of it, you should be allowed to voice your own opinion. Also, just as everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so is this guy or gal in making their Hayabusa the length of a Greyhound bus(for whatever reason, though I can't think of one logical one). To each their own absolutely, just don't tell me your "own" is right, is how I look at it.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead on that bike. That bike is a testament to just how wrong some of our sportbike culture has gone. However, if it's what makes that person happy. More power to them, I guess.

In regards to stunters or "stunna's", I've never had a real problem with them. I figure if that's what they are into, great. It's not for me and never will be. Popping a long wheelie or rockin a stoppie has never interested me and never will. I had an appreciation for people who like to stunt because they do something that I honestly can't do, but something that I never will apply myself to learn to do. For me I, only ever cared about going faster and faster. To me, dragging my knee around a corner gives me a raging hard one and always will. When at the track, nailing each corner the best that I can gives me the ultimate rush and I've been addicted ever since.

I think we all can agree though most Subie drivers are d-bags.

Have to agree with MDub, you're right! The white sunglasses are very common among them.

Subaru Rules of the Road:
    1. White sunglasses
    2. Flat brim hat, either sitting normal on head or slightly cocked to the side to give that "I've just been smacked in the face look".
    3. Pencil thin beard
    4. Some form of rap music cranked up
    5. Weigh 150lbs or less, (I mean really?? Don't they all look anorexic?)
    6. Blow off valve that everyone can hear, then look around to make sure everyone is looking
    7. Loud fart cannon exhaust, to coincide with #6, to really capture everyone's attention
    8. Wife beater shirt(optional these days)
    9. Race every performance car that I see going down the road, whether the other driver knows there's a race going on or not, then claim victory to all your other D-bag driver friends
    10. Lower the car to the ground so it drags on manhole covers
    11. Believe your car is the fastest thing on the road, and the best invention since sliced bread
    12. Achieve maximum d-bag status

The funny thing is, one of my good friends is an avid Subaru guy. Had a WRX, then an STi and he never fit the mold I just described. I asked him, why is it he's the one normal Subie driver I've ever seen and why do all the other guys look so "ricey"? He said he was stumped as well, he hated the persona that the tuner cars projected.

I think that's one segment of the population that I honestly can't stand and have disdain for and that's the Tuner Car crowd. It all started with the Fast and Furious(basically Point Break except with cars and really bad acting) movies and it's just gone South since. You see all the tuner crowd traveling in packs down the road, or my favorite and this is no lie. I've actually seen them in a V formation going down Acadmey Blvd. I mean really?? Who does f**kin does that???

Honestly though, there's D-bags in all segments of life. You've got "Big lifted truck guy", "Riced out tuner car guy", "Wears a mohawk on helmet squid guy", "Merica! muscle car guy", "It's a Jeep thing guy", "Political stickers all over my car guy", "Ballin and ridin on 24's guy", "Guy who wants to go to the track but never makes it guy"(LOL!! just messing with you Aaron ), "I can drink anyone under the table guy", "Likes to fight guy", "NCAA brackets guy", "Softball guy", "One up guy", hell I can go on and on.

Oh yeah, "writes long winded comments on internet forums guy"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Subis are not awesome. They simply have AWD. You can get AWD on a 475hp Jeep, a 450hp Audi, a 300hp BMW, and just about every other make out there. Including the Porsche that'll beat every bike on this forum to 60.

They are awesome as a world rally racer and for its price tag in comparison to what you wrote.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    They are awesome as a world rally racer and for its price tag in comparison to what you wrote.
    Last I checked, a WRC Subaru would cost roughly half a million dollars, so not really in the same price range as the Jeep, BMW, or Audi. But if you're saying the WRX STi you get off the dealership floor = WRC I would respectfully disagree. The transmission alone in a WRC Subaru costs more than that.

300 hp out of a 2.5 H4 is a great start. BMW 335i is a joke at only that same power out of a twin turbo I-6, hell our Infiniti V6 make 330hp/276trq N/A and walks those all day lol, can't wait for the EUA Q50 to come out and spank the M4. Jeeps 475 is out of a 6.3 V8 which is sad to all hell and Audi depending on model they either did great or just horrible.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

....and just about every other make out there. Including the Porsche that'll beat every bike on this forum to 60.
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo: 0-60 mph = 2.9 sec., MSRP = $149,250

http://www.caranddriver.com/porsche/911-turbo-turbo-s#

2012 Kawi ZX14: 0-60 mph = 2.6 sec., MSRP = $14, 899

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/03/07...14r-road-test/
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sat Apr 12th, 2014 at 04:52 AM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    300 hp out of a 2.5 H4 is a great start. BMW 335i is a joke at only that same power out of a twin turbo I-6, hell our Infiniti V6 make 330hp/276trq N/A and walks those all day lol, can't wait for the EUA Q50 to come out and spank the M4. Jeeps 475 is out of a 6.3 V8 which is sad to all hell and Audi depending on model they either did great or just horrible.
    Specific output is the most useless statistic I've ever heard. My bike makes 200hp out of 1 liter, what's your point? Specific output is a good number in exactly one scenario, displacement limited class. Aside from that, I'd argue specific output is a bad thing. Give me 300hp out of a 5.3l V8 any day. It'll make more torque, get better mileage, and last several times longer.

You've clearly never driven a 335i. The turbos aren't there for power, they're there for torque. And it makes it's peak at 1400rpm, off idle. Your G37 (The quickest Infinity V6), doesn't peak torque until 5200 rpm. Having spent thousands of miles in a 335i, it has one of the best power plants I've ever driven. Power, everywhere. It accelerates faster from 1500rpm in 6th gear than my Dad's LS1, SS Camaro. It's truly amazing how responsive that turbo motor is.

And while I realize no one will admit their car is anything short of miraculous on a forum, the 335 beats the G37 by over a half second to 60, and by a half second through the quarter mile. Your G37 does not walk 335s, especially at this altitude, where the 335 hardly loses any power, and your car loses damn near 20%. Oh, and the 335 weighs less, gets better fuel economy, handles better, on and on and on. I'd hope the new Infiniti blasts BMW. Post 2011 BMW has been aiming for Toyota Camrys. Every car they make gets more and more like one. Vagueness at it's best, losing everything that once made them great.

The Jeep is a 6.4. Not that we should be surprised, but if you're going to quote numbers, make sure they're right. And again, it's not about specific output. But BMW still wins that useless game for a production engine.

Now I know someone is going to bring this up. Specific output is useless. What we should be concerned with is power produced for engine mass. The GM LSX is the best automotive engine ever produced. One of the places it shines most is in hp/lb of engine mass and engine size. My Fiero has a 3.4 DOHC V6, which stock made 210hp. We'll take an LS1. The LS1 makes more horsepower and more torque, but we'd expect that since it's a 5.7l. Would we expect that the LS1 gets better fuel economy, weighs less, is dimensionally smaller and more compact, and will last several times longer? So what's the downside of an LS1 compared to my 3.4 (LQ1)? There is none. Except that even with the ancient OHV design, it's so much more compact than my DOHC that it can fit more than double my displacement in a smaller, lighter, more efficient package.

Now this doesn't relate to bikes. Since weight is so crucial, engine size and mass often follows displacement. That and the bikes are in displacement limited classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo: 0-60 mph = 2.9 sec., MSRP = $149,250

http://www.caranddriver.com/porsche/911-turbo-turbo-s#

2012 Kawi ZX14: 0-60 mph = 2.6 sec., MSRP = $14, 899

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/03/07...14r-road-test/
    It was an exaggeration, but I'll bite. First off MSRP can't really be compared, and when you're looking at the Porsche flagship, let's face it MSRP is irrelevant. My mortgage couldn't even cover a Turbo S.

There have been several back to back showings where a Turbo S has put down 2.6 second 60 sprints. On a perfect day with Lorenzo riding and a lucky launch most liter bikes can beat a Turbo. Barely. But this thread isn't about car vs bike, because eventually the track will have a turn, and the 911 will win
    Last edited by Aaron; Sat Apr 12th, 2014 at 08:21 AM.

That Busa is just as bad as those guys that slam/lower range rovers or jeeps. Completely defeats the purpose of buying a 4x4 vehicle.
    Last edited by gator4life108; Sat Apr 12th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.
    Mike
    USAF
    '10 Kawasaki Z1000

I could care less about the type of motorcycle or brand, as long as it gets me to my destination with a smile on my face.

Haha. Funny, but I'll disagree of course!

For me the Jeep was the ideal choice because of it's versatility. I needed AWD for the weather we occasionally get, not because I enjoy or need anything a 4x4 is usually for (Towing, off roading, work, etc). For me it offered Jeep interior space, AWD weather capability, with sports car performance.

For all of the hundreds of thousands of Colorado Jeep owners that never seriously off-road their Patriot, Grand Cherokee, etc, mine is used the same way. Sure it's no CJ7, but I don't enjoy that traditional Jeep stuff. I like my 4.2 second 0-60!

Yea I worked at BMW for 2 years and Infiniti at 5 years now and I don't know what I'm talking about lol... hmm if they're so great why are they getting traded like hot cake at my dealer right now because and I quote from customers "they suck". This isn't going anywhere anyway, I'm checking out here.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1