Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike Nights

Re: Bike Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    To me, I never considered those "sportbikes." I mean I'm sure they are, the CBR just ushered the look into a new era in my eyes.
    LOL!! dude it was a joke.

Believe it or not, those GPz's weren't exactly slow. Could they handle well? Eh for what they were they did. Obviously not in the same vein as a modern sportbike with good suspension and fat sticky tires. For me though, the GPz will always hold a place in my heart. When I saw Top Gun, thought they were the baddest bike around(yeah I was only 6) but my first bike was a 1984 GPz1100, and it was a tank. Plenty of straight line pep, but not the greatest in the turns. Very heavy bike.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    To me, I never considered those "sportbikes." I mean I'm sure they are, the CBR just ushered the look into a new era in my eyes.
    From what I could gather, the 1985 GSX-R750 was the one that pioneered the consumer sport bike look as we know it today, not the Honda. I will admit that I'm relying on the internet for my info, so I could be wrong.

However, the Honda might have been the first one you ever saw. The first one I saw was ridden by my sister's boyfriend. He was on a brand new Honda Hurricane doing wheelies down my street. It was awesome to behold!

Last edited by Drano; Wed Mar 5th, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

That 1000 Hurricane was SO sexy back in the day.