Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stolen trailer

stolen trailer

Ok all. I'm going to shoot the next person I see on my property.

Someone actually stole my big ass 24 foot enclosed trailer last weekend. It is a white Hallmark trailer. Probably has some scratches and dents on right side as they took out my fence also. Has a CO tag 640-UPD. Reported it the police the next morning. How can the police not find a big ass white enclosed trailer. There is a spare tire on front of trailer and white numbers written on left side of front A frame which is maybe 8195 or something like that.

I am going to give it till this weekend before I claim it to much insurance. I just claimed $3600 from insurance when the trailer was broken into a few months ago and they stole most of my racing gear. insurance company is hating me already.
    06 Daytona 675 race
    01 red R6 #10
    86 FJ1200 #10
    06 MV Brutale 910s
    06 Honda CRF450r
    01 Yamaha YZ125
    64 Ducati 250

Re: stolen trailer

Any pics of the trailer?

Sad to hear man Ill be on the lookout here in Denver.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Oh man is this the one you had out at pueblo? That's a nice trailer sorry to hear I'll be keeping an eye out.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Super sorry to hear and I totally feel your pain.

Thieves everywhere.. I had 2 dirt bikes stolen out of the back of my truck last fall.

Will keep a look out.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    Oh man is this the one you had out at pueblo? That's a nice trailer sorry to hear I'll be keeping an eye out.
    Yep that would be the big white trailer I had at pueblo. It was nice having it to transport everyone's bikes to the track and back.
    06 Daytona 675 race
    01 red R6 #10
    86 FJ1200 #10
    06 MV Brutale 910s
    06 Honda CRF450r
    01 Yamaha YZ125
    64 Ducati 250

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Super sorry to hear and I totally feel your pain.
    Did you ever recover your trailer?
    06 Daytona 675 race
    01 red R6 #10
    86 FJ1200 #10
    06 MV Brutale 910s
    06 Honda CRF450r
    01 Yamaha YZ125
    64 Ducati 250

Damn John sorry to hear this, glad your bikes weren't in it.
    Aprilia RSV Mille R

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BadR6Man View Post
    Did you ever recover your trailer?
    Yes, it was found, but empty of the stuff that was in it. It was fully loaded when it was stolen. 3 bikes and enough gear for 4 people to go racing and pretty beat up. It's going to need some attention to get it looking decent again.

A couple of the bike have since been recovered as well, crashed and abandoned.

The accumulation of things over time is a real bugger. When you have to buy EVERYTHING all at once, well, it makes you realize how much you can spend on this sport.

I'm thankful to have some great sponsors over the years, they have been helping out a bunch. Anyone who wants to know who they are should message me, I would love to send you to the people who have been taking care of me as I'm pretty sure they will take care of you too.

I hope you find your trailer John. I am, of course, keeping my eyes open.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Yes, it was found, but empty of the stuff that was in it.

Scott
    Man that sucks.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by BadR6Man
    How can the police not find a big ass white enclosed trailer.
    Not that this makes it any better, but to be honest, they don't even try. The Officer who took your report, if he came out to your house, would keep it in mind and keep a casual eye out for a week or so. But although the information on the trailer is sent to every working Officer, it's immediately discarded by all of them. This is mainly because they get so many of those BOLO's. Over the years as bad things happen they add those things to the list of needing BOLO's, and it got to the point where cops get about 30 a day at least. So we read the first line. If it said BOLO, we hit delete. Maybe some departments are slow enough to where the cops can read those and actually be cops, but every agency I've seen and worked at was too busy handling neighbor disputes because the lady's sprinklers were watering her neighbors yard by about a foot (True story).

Sorry to hear it happened, glad you got it back albeit missing everything and damaged. I wouldn't suggest shooting the next person, you will go to jail for that. But if you had to rough the guy up a little bit in order to hold him until the Police arrived, no cop in Colorado is going to care. Bleeding is ok. Dead not so much.

Ah man that blows. Hope you at least get it back

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    If it said BOLO, we hit delete.
    I like an honest person, it's refreshing like a cold glass of water.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Gold Member

You want results talk to local repo companies and offer a reward. You would be surprised how much 200 bucks or so would go with a guy who spends his days driving up and down all the streets looking for their next pay check. Most of them only make about 50 bucks a car. They just need the vin number and a pic to really give them a good idea.

That's not a bad idea honestly, or just a normal two truck driver. Either way they'd probably be happy to pick it up for you too.

Trailer is Still missing. Seriously? CO springs police is crap. They have plenty of officers to sit on Academy and wait to write tickets. Where is my trailer? Ugh!
    06 Daytona 675 race
    01 red R6 #10
    86 FJ1200 #10
    06 MV Brutale 910s
    06 Honda CRF450r
    01 Yamaha YZ125
    64 Ducati 250

It's not their fault you didn't secure your trailer. And it isn't their fault it hasn't been found.

They have to to follow the rules, and people's rights. If someone doesn't want that trailer found, it never will be. Put it in a garage with no windows, and it's vanished. And if you want to use it, take the plates off, and either strip the serial number or change it just enough that it's different. Any one of these, and there's nothing the cops can do. The only reason criminals get caught is because they're stupid. Like that video posted a while back, the smart criminals work downtown in high rise corner offices.

Take it from someone who knows, CSPD is one of the better agencies in Colorado.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Don't listen to him. It's always the cops' faults, for everything.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

CSPD may be one of the better ones, but when it takes 12 hours for them to respond to a burglary, then 20 minutes, a cursory investigation, not taking fingerprints, not talking to the neighbors who saw a suspicious vehicle cruising the neighborhood, it's ridiculous. It becomes downright asinine when you see cops setting speed traps and waiting on people doing 4 over during the 12 hours you're waiting for them to respond...
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Unfortunately that's pretty much par for the course, and definitely not just with CSPD. Sounds exactly how many agencies do things. I'm not saying it's right.

If I was dictator, I'd make some pretty huge changes. First, I'd abolish the traffic unit completely. Move every one back to patrol. In my old agency, we had roughly 25% of our sworn positions assigned to investigations. I'd abolish these almost entirely, move every guy back to patrol, with the exception of about half the Homicide Detectives. I'd move every Officer assigned to task forces and Narcotics units back to patrol. Now that our patrol force has nearly doubled, we can work on improving crime rates. When citizens see the results of this, they'll approve tax bikes, and we'll get our funding that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    CSPD may be one of the better ones, but when it takes 12 hours for them to respond to a burglary, then 20 minutes, a cursory investigation, not taking fingerprints, not talking to the neighbors who saw a suspicious vehicle cruising the neighborhood, it's ridiculous. It becomes downright asinine when you see cops setting speed traps and waiting on people doing 4 over during the 12 hours you're waiting for them to respond...
    It's pretty normal. They aren't going to expend increasingly limited resources on a full-blown investigation that has a very low probability of turning up anything whatsoever, especially when nobody was physically hurt and you can just file an insurance claim. Maybe they might lift a useful print off your busted fence, and maybe that person is in the system for some other reason, but those are big 'if's. Doesn't sound like your trailer was hugely unique in its identifications, which is also why it was targeted - nobody would ever think twice about a normal looking white trailer going down the highway. Also chances are it was out of the Springs area before you even made the call on it.

Trailers are enticing targets because they are usually easily stolen, usable for a range of things that make the thief money, and really pretty hard to recover. Rybo got lucky on this last go around, partly I think because when I had that trailer previously I adorned it with racing stickers. They tried to paint over it, couldn't hide them completely, and eventually ditched it rather than get caught pulling it around (which would have been more ideal IMO). Even with the trailer back, I doubt the cops 'dusted for prints' to see if they could catch the offender.

Really all you can do is insure it, and lock the hell out of it. Even the relatively cheap flatbed I just bought is secured enough that it would take some very determined work to hook up to it. Bolt cutters might get through the first hardened lock, but the second one would take an angle grinder to cut metal off - something both time consuming, and attention-getting due to the noise and shower of sparks that would ensue.

Sorry your trailer got lifted. It's frustrating, expensive, and just sucks all around. But like someone kicking in your door, the reality is that the cops will always be 5 minutes (or 12 hours) late, and you need to do everything conceivable to protect your ass(ets).

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Gold Member

Speaking from the aspect of having to pick up all those stolen cars in the springs you guys would be surprised how many are picked up each day in the springs.

But really as much as I hate cops there isn't going to be much in the way of investigation. Think about how big that town is and how much cops have to do. A stolen trailer isn't going to be very high on the priority list.

But none the less.... ftp. Just for Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    But none the less.... ftp. Just for Aaron.
    Straight outta Compton...

than sincere ignorance