Thread: MSF Advanced Rider Course-Sportbike Techniques April 13th@Red Rocks Community College

MSF Advanced Rider Course-Sportbike Techniques April 13th@Red Rocks Community College

SpiderBob and I are instructing the MSF Advanced Rider Course - Sportbike Techniques at Red Rocks Community College on Sunday, April 13th. The hours are 8am- approximately 5pm with an hour lunch break. The cost is $155.

This is the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Advanced Rider Course - Sportbike Techniques. A valid motorcycle endorsement is required for this course. Riders must provide their own street-legal and safe motorcycle, which will be inspected at the site. Open to ALL types of (street-legal) bikes, this challenging one-day course is designed for riders who already have lots of real-world time and mileage on their personal motorcycle who desire to learn and practice more in-depth riding techniques. Participants will be evaluated throughout the course; those not meeting the objectives will not be allowed to continue. The course is mostly riding, but there is some classroom work as well. Classroom activities use small group discussions and interactive activities to address personal risk levels and management strategies; to discuss options for cornering, braking and swerving; and to improve visual perception to identify collision traps. On-cycle range exercises provide practice in cornering, braking, swerving and evading. There is no skill test in this course.

If you're interested in taking the class, you can sign up on ABATE's website at http://abate.si2.com/ABATE/TRS.nsf/L...RC-ST?OpenForm or call their office at 303-789-3264.

For information regarding the ARC-ST course, please see this FAQ sheet from MSF -http://www.abateofcolo.org/docs/ARC_FAQs_v7101.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/events/1437022633202818/
    Last edited by UglyDogRacing; Tue Mar 25th, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Re: MSF Advanced Rider Course-Sportbike Techniques April 13th@Red Rocks Community Col

I would love to attend but I have my daughter this weekend. Will there be other courses throughout the summer?

Re: MSF Advanced Rider Course-Sportbike Techniques April 13th@Red Rocks Community Col

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    I would love to attend but I have my daughter this weekend. Will there be other courses throughout the summer?

Yes, there will be a few more scheduled. Next one is June 7th.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Chocolate Thunder

I will be there to attend.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

any beginning racer in the near future?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Awesome, I may come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    any beginning racer in the near future?
    MRA's Race School is April 18/19th - http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...er-Race-School
    and Intro to Road Racing Clinic on March 29th - http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...-Racing-Clinic
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Thank You

Would you recommend this or the race school to help me refine my riding skills in general? I've been riding for 4 years now, been down once, and like to go fast but only when it's (reasonably) safe. I don't want to spend my time learning about watching out for cars in intersections and such, as I try not to ride on busy streets much anyways. I just want to be a better rider, specifically on body positioning and braking. Thanks for the help.

I'll wheelie by on the sumo.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by BikesRider777 View Post
    Would you recommend this or the race school to help me refine my riding skills in general? I've been riding for 4 years now, been down once, and like to go fast but only when it's (reasonably) safe. I don't want to spend my time learning about watching out for cars in intersections and such, as I try not to ride on busy streets much anyways. I just want to be a better rider, specifically on body positioning and braking. Thanks for the help.
    Either class would benefit you. The ARC does go over braking and some body position. The speeds are greater than Basic Rider Course, but it's still in the parking lot. If you have the proper gear to ride the track, I would suggest doing the MRA Race School.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Yes, there will be a few more scheduled. Next one is June 7th.
    I'll be there on the 7th. I'm glad Buckley AFB was able to get a contract with a school so we could get these classes since it is now a requirement for base riders.
    Mike
    USAF
    '10 Kawasaki Z1000

I could care less about the type of motorcycle or brand, as long as it gets me to my destination with a smile on my face.

I will be there for the class next Sunday!
    05 SV 650-New baby
    01 Buell Blast-1st bike

Junior Member Yearly Supporter

I am signed up for the 13th and I'm looking forward to meeting you.
    -troydba

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

There are still 4 spots available in this class. If you've never taken it, I HIGHLY recommend it!!! It's an awesome class!!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

The weather forecast is looking mighty unfriendly for two-wheel travel.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

It's been postponed till April 27th

Junior Member Yearly Supporter

I am really looking forward to the MSF Advanced Rider Course this Sun 04/27 at Red Rocks.
    I will be going to the "Old Meets New" gathering afterwards too.
    Should be a fantastic day!
    Last edited by troydba; Mon Apr 21st, 2014 at 05:16 PM.