Thread: Anyone Running The Bell SOLFX?

Anyone Running The Bell SOLFX?

I just picked up an RS-1 and the Transitions shield. I tried it on this morning and noticed the shield has parallax. Is this common in these shields?
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Re: Anyone Running The Bell SOLFX?

I have one and haven't noticed any issues.

Next can someone post a pic of their SOLFX. The stupid company won't initiate an exchange until I send them a picture of the shield. I'm at work and would like to get this rolling.

I have the Transitions shield on my Bell Star Carbon, and I love it to death. The only issues is I've got about 10,000 miles on mine, and it's got quite a few rock chips in it. These cause the spots where the tiny chips are not to go dark. It doesn't really impact anything, just vision slightly, more an annoyance than anything else. I'm perfectly ok budgeting a $100 for a new windscreen every 10k, especially with how much I love the transitions.

Anyways, I haven't noticed any parallax or distortion of images with the shield. Maybe try someone else's or a dealership's and see if they all do it for your eyes?

I also have an RS1 and the solfx shield, haven't had any issues with it at all except for what Aaron was talking about, and I've had mine for almost 2 years. I'd heard it would lose it's ability to turn dark after a while, but like I said 2 years and no problems...and I ride a lot. I don't ever leave it out in the sun though, so that helps. Wish I had been a little more careful with it though when I first got it as it has some scratches. But I will definitely buy another one when it's time.

I did have some issues with the RS1 though, where the helmet lining at the bottom of the helmet - maybe the neck roll, I forget what it's called - but mine started losing its shape and sagging a bit, looked a little like my helmet was dropping it's padding. I ended up using a few safety pins to keep it tucked in nice, and it's worked so far. Other than that I really like the helmet, wish it came down a little further below my chin though. But overall great helmet, and I bought it because of the transitions solfx.

Try calling Bell. One of the plastic vent controllers on mine broke (I tried using it when it was frozen shut), and they replaced it no questions asked. Unfortunately it did require sending my helmet back to them, but I'm a Bell customer for lyfe yo. Sign me up for one of their custom fit Star Carbon helmets next!

Thanks for the info gents. Waiting to hear back from the company I bought it from.