Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help chopping my exhaust can!

Re: Help chopping my exhaust can!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    I love the fact that the stock pipes are on yet the sound is insane. Once I get some extra cash I will put on a set of aftermarket pipes, but decided with the free version for right now Hopefully we can get riding soon. Putting my pilot road 2's on tomorrow.

If it's for free, it's for me! Thats what I always say. The Ninja does sound much better than it did before, but it's nothing drastic like chopping off 10 inches or taking everything out. I did yank some of the interior packing out but not a whole ton. I was curious about making it a hollow can with nothing else inside, but assumed it would sound like a straight pipe and probably be too obnoxious. But it does sound good enough to me!

Good call on the PR2's, that's waht I have on my SV, and after 3000 miles they still look brand new, but then again I dont ride hard enough to push them and start eating through them, I barely lean enough to use the softer sidewalls, so the harder center has been a real help for me. I think that if I get my next set for the Ninja when that time comes, that I will go with the PR2 again so that the center section stays nice for a longer duration. Because really when you're leaning, the sides are softer like they are on the Pilot Power so it'll be just as good, just longer lasting in the center which is the first thing that will go on my current tires since I have to ride so far to get to the meeting spots now.

Made a video of it from last night:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSa4...7jz1aPC5PEd-og

It sounds much louder in person and I didn't want to annoy the neighbors, my camera must just not pick up all the sound very well, weak!
    Last edited by UHATEIT; Wed Apr 9th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green