after driving 5 plus hrs. i get to Sandflats entrance. The lady goes "day stay?". I go "3 days stay". She replies campground FULL. It was like a punch in the gut feeling. She instructs me to go to the Visitor Center they can tell me where are some available campsites would be. Visitor Center shows me a map that would have available spots. Ended up at Horsethief, which was 9 miles back out of Moab and another 12 miles on 313. Site was good. Cept for the wind on the 2nd nite. After setting up camp, daughter and myself went to Arches. A must see for sure. Hike for almost two hours getting to arches. Tried Delicate Arch but no place to park. Only saw it from a distance at another small parking area. Did chk out Sand stone and Broken Arch.

Rode Slick rock the 2nd day. Glad i found Horsethief. After passing an open air tourist hauler going up the very last climb before the entrance all i saw was alot of goings on. The place was hopping busy. After we rode slick rock went back to camp and ran into friend and her kids. Went back to Arches. Able to find a spot to park. Hiking to Delicate Arch is no walk in the park for sure.

Third day was windy and raining. Chk out Canyonlands. would been great if it was not raining. They say they get 9 inches a yr. they got it that day. Went back to campsite for lunch around 1:30. Some stuff in tent got a bit damp. Let things air dry, thanks to the wind. Noticed a second round of the weather was heading our way. Decided to pack up and head home....

here are some pictures of the adventure...

Planning on going back in the fall. Figure i'll camp for two nites and one nite in a hotel....All in all a must experience for all.