All good points. 4 days is the planned (Fri - Monday) time frame.

Reducing incidents is also the reason behind keeping the group size small again this year. Last year with 10 bikes, I was glad so many people got to go (and I enjoyed riding with each of you) but it was a bit of a cluster.

So far myself and Ezrider are confirmed. Hoping Sal can make it this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
Yeah, my bike was in the same condition along with blasted sections of the engine block since it's a mostly-naked bike. I'm glad a little waxing/clay bar helped mine somewhat, but the lens on my headlights was seriously pitted. I'm glad it wasn't a major detractor when I sold it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, don't attempt to do this trip in 3 days! 3 days means pushing the limits almost the entire time risking life and limb, not to mention traffic tickets! Granted, much of the rushing in our trip was due to being several hours behind schedule due to a blown fork seal -not to mention an S1000RR with bald tires (thanks Aaron )- on day one that carried over into day 2. That said, 3 days does not give much allowance in the event of unplanned issues such as a breakdown or accident unless you adopt the "Top Gear" mantra of leaving a man behind. If a motorcycle crashes, and the accident is serious, you may be waiting several hours for emergency services to respond and that will easily throw the 3-day plan straight out the window. No offense Clovis, but not planning for major incidents is, in my opinion, an irresponsible oversight for a trip of this duration. 4 days gives you more time to work with meaning you can pick a more reasonable pace whilst allowing for the unexpected.

If you haven't ridden the Spine, I suggest you go, go, go! You won't regret it!