Thread: HPR April 28th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: HPR April 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post

It's a week out, the weather won't be anything like the current forecast. It might be 90 or it might snow, you won't know til Sunday.
    precisely, it's damn near impossible to predict the weather more than 48 hours out. Also when you're riding a motorcycle at it's limit on a racetrack with a full leather suit, gloves, boots, helmet, and underarmor, 50-60 degrees sounds like a damn fine temperature to me.

I went ahead and paid for my full day... but from what I understand, I can still cancel (and get credit) the day before if the weather looks iffy, correct?

The 50 degree high doesnt bother me... but the 30's in the morning is slightly concerning. But as long as it's not wet, I'll be there.
    '07 sv650

"Rocky Top, you'll always be, home sweet home to me."

Quote Originally Posted by theMayor View Post
    I went ahead and paid for my full day... but from what I understand, I can still cancel (and get credit) the day before if the weather looks iffy, correct?

The 50 degree high doesnt bother me... but the 30's in the morning is slightly concerning. But as long as it's not wet, I'll be there.

Unless its snowing Saturday night I will definitely be there, I think I read this is your first track day? I'm on a Matte Black Kawasaki Zx6r with a green tank and I have blue/white leathers, come say hey and I'll give you some tips, show you some lines if you'd like, or help anyway I can. -Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zrouth View Post
    Unless its snowing Saturday night I will definitely be there, I think I read this is your first track day? I'm on a Matte Black Kawasaki Zx6r with a green tank and I have blue/white leathers, come say hey and I'll give you some tips, show you some lines if you'd like, or help anyway I can. -Zach
    Zach, you are correct. It will be my first track day. And I'll be on a matte black sv650 with red/white A* leathers. If you wouldn't mind taking a lap or two with me, I'll definitely come find ya for some pointers! Thanks for the offer!
    '07 sv650

Does the wind concern anyone else? I know in Parker, it gets so windy the gusts make it uncomfortable to ride... I'd suspect that out on the plains, it would probably be slightly more severe...

And the forcast is calling for wind Monday AND Tuesday... so I assume it's a sure thing.
    '07 sv650

Quote Originally Posted by theMayor View Post
    Does the wind concern anyone else? I know in Parker, it gets so windy the gusts make it uncomfortable to ride... I'd suspect that out on the plains, it would probably be slightly more severe...

And the forcast is calling for wind Monday AND Tuesday... so I assume it's a sure thing.
    Wind is a sure thing almost every day @ HPR. It is nicknamed High Winds Raceway, you learn to live with it.

Alright I am in, please feel free to stop by and say hello as I will know no one out there. Blue SV650, black and red Dainese leathers, silver Nissan Frontier. Thanks Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Wind is a sure thing almost every day @ HPR. It is nicknamed High Winds Raceway, you learn to live with it.
    The tumbleweeds are the most fun!
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236