Thread: Bostrom Signs With Austin Ducati?

Bostrom Signs With Austin Ducati?

Re: Bostrom Signs With Austin Ducati?

Superbike doesnt seem to be working for him as well as hoped. Mise well come on back here. Id route for him here.
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Schweet. I always liked Ben on a ducati!

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Ben seems to have more success on a Duc. Whether it is the team, or the twin fits his style better, or it is all in his head, I hope "it" comes back and he can win some races next year. It would be good to see him on top again.

So does Eric have a ride lined up for next year yet? He never was able to get the Duc to the same level as he was playing when he was with kawasaki. Did he leave Ducati because he got a better offer somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by OldKneeDragger";p="242979
    So does Eric have a ride lined up for next year yet? He never was able to get the Duc to the same level as he was playing when he was with kawasaki. Did he leave Ducati because he got a better offer somewhere else?
    Hell they closed his favorite track

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Nah, I doubt Eric left Austin Ducati because he had a better deal... I think it was a mutual separation. He just wasn't gelling with the bike, and though the team offered him a spot (I think), they knew how Eric wasn't getting to grips with the 999R.

Ben and Neil will be an interesting combo. Both were WSBK Dunlop Ducati riders back in 2001-2002, and both did pretty damn well behind Colin and Troy on Michelins.

Personally, I would like to have seen this Bostrom brothers Yamaha team, but it wasn't to be.

I know this won't happen, but it would be sweet to see Eric ride for PSG1 Corse along side Chris Walker in WSBK on the semi-factory backed ZX-10R.

Damn... I miss Eric consistently running up front and staying there like when he was on his ZX7RR...
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

From cycle news...

"Yamaha has at least one more important announcement to make this year; the composition of their race team.

It’s believed that Eric Bostrom, Jason Disalvo, and Jamie Hacking will all race the new YZF R-1 LE in Superstock. Bostrom and Disalvo will race the YZF R-6 in Formula Xtreme, with Jamie Hacking campaigning the new 600 in Supersport. Starr wouldn’t confirm the details.

“Not everything is signed at this point,” he said. “We’ll release it as soon as we possibly can. We really want to do what makes the most sense given the motorcycle lineup.”

From Eric Bostrom's mail server...

Press Release issued by Yamaha Motor Company:

Yamaha Motor Company is pleased to announce its AMA Roadracing plans for 2006 that will be centered around the introductions of both the all-new YZF-R6 and the new race-specYZF-R1 LE. Veteran rider and 2003 Supersport Champion Jamie Hacking returns to Team Blue and White competing on the potent new R6 in the AMA Supersport Class and the new R1 LE in the Superstock Class. "I'm just pumped to ride both these classes this year," said Jamie, "and with these unbelievable new bikes, I'm ready to bring home Yamaha at least one Championship."

Twenty one year-old hot shot Jason DiSalvo also returns and will compete this year on a fully prepped YZF-R6 in the Formula Extreme Class including the prestigious Daytona 200. Jason will also pilot the new R1 LE in an effort to improve his overall second place finishing position in 2005 in the AMA Superstock Class. "We've just started testing the new R6 and it's already miles ahead of last year's bike," said and exuberant DiSalvo. "I'm confident and so looking forward to the season ahead."

Finally, Yamaha is pleased to welcome the charismatic Eric Bostrom, who will round out the Yamaha squad competing in both the Formula Extreme and Superstock classes. "I just saw the new bikes and they are awesome." Said Bostrom. "I feel great and Yamaha has already made me feel so much a part of their family. I just can't wait to start riding."

Graves Motorsports will continue to maintain the Superstock effort in the coming year.

"We are extremely excited about the year ahead," said Racing Division Manager Keith McCarty, "We feel that our new team will have great dynamics and with two new bikes, tremendous potential to win multiple championships."