Thread: How FN cool is this!

How FN cool is this!

The Coin

One credit card that hold all the credit cards you carry. Gift cards included.

They are doing a pre order for half off, so its only $50

I will do a review when mine shows up sometime this summer!

Here is there website. Its also a referral code, you get $5 for anyone that purchases through it.
    https://onlycoin.com/?referral=COubSUqb

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Re: How FN cool is this!

That's cool but it will be obsolete when the USA joins the rest of the world with chip cards.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    That's cool but it will be obsolete when the USA joins the rest of the world with chip cards.
    Dont you think that it will evolve with the technology?

Nope, chip cards are totally diff than a swipe card.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Fri Apr 18th, 2014 at 11:29 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

On second thought, some of the new chip cards still have a magnetic strip on the back. So that would still work, but you're bypassing the security benefits of a chip card if you swipe it onto that gizmo.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'm going to get mine engraved with my Mother's maiden name!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yeah, lose that puppy and they got ALL your cards. Not unusal to see $100k or more of CC fraud per month here at work. I think the days of magnetic strips are numbered.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

That looks pretty cool. The FAQ says they're already working on the pin in chip version. I've heard that the US will phase out swipe & sign in 2015 so at this point, since they aren't shipping yet, I think I'd wait for the chip version. I didn't see anything on how long the battery should last, any idea? At $50 the convenience comes at a cost. Do you think they're going to charge even more once they start shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Yeah, lose that puppy and they got ALL your cards. Not unusal to see $100k or more of CC fraud per month here at work. I think the days of magnetic strips are numbered.
    They're marketing hype claims it locks if it is out of bluetooth range from your phone for some period of time. That's a nice security feature, unless you lose you phone and now all your cards are locked.

Quote Originally Posted by jlr View Post
    That looks pretty cool. The FAQ says they're already working on the pin in chip version. I've heard that the US will phase out swipe & sign in 2015 so at this point, since they aren't shipping yet, I think I'd wait for the chip version. I didn't see anything on how long the battery should last, any idea? At $50 the convenience comes at a cost. Do you think they're going to charge even more once they start shipping?

They are on special till the end of the week for half off. But I did see something that made it look like they may extend that.

The battery is supposed to last for 2 years but depends on usage.

Im not too worried about the security of this. It looks like they have over engineered that side of it.

Gold Member

One thing I have learned with technology and security is that there is no real such thing. Not saying its a good or bad thing but I wouldn't buy this. Simply for the old saying about all your eggs in one basket.

The problem with that is magnetic stripe cards have ZERO security. What if the waiter or the person that handle the card press that button and changed it to another card that you didn't want to use.

I see this as a great tool for thieves not for the honest consumer. Better keep your eyes on your cards at all times every time it leaves your hand wether its drive through, Starbucks or at resturants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
    The problem with that is magnetic stripe cards have ZERO security. What if the waiter or the person that handle the card press that button and changed it to another card that you didn't want to use.

I see this as a great tool for thieves not for the honest consumer. Better keep your eyes on your cards at all times every time it leaves your hand wether its drive through, Starbucks or at resturants.
    The card locks so that it cant be changed once its moved a set amount of feet from your phone.

I say this is more secure than normal credit cards because it doesnt have the physical numbers printed/embossed on it and this one locks up if it gets lost.

I meant, what is stopping thieves from buying one of these cards and work at a drive through or as a waiter and copy your card when you hand it to them? They can do this now but this is much more convenient and cheaper than getting a reader and a magnetic encoder and a software and a computer to write it back on the stripe of a new card. As long as the stripe info is on that super card and can be read, it can be copied just as easily.

One more question about the legality of copying an official card produced or approved by Visa or MasterCard or your bank. Will they take the liability if the card is compromised? I know Visa and MasterCard and the banks are very picky on what card is being used. Lets hope these guys have approval from Visa and MasterCard.
    Last edited by I`m Batman; Sat Apr 19th, 2014 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    One thing I have learned with technology and security is that there is no real such thing. Not saying its a good or bad thing but I wouldn't buy this. Simply for the old saying about all your eggs in one basket.
    Okay.. Guess I was kind of being a dick.